Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    You're suppose to use Shun with Kikoku, not Metsu. If you stop using the inferior WS you won't have a problem with the aftermath anymore because you won't get it. What makes the relic good is the random triple damage procs, high base damage and the 40 attack. Metsu is trash, aftermath is trash, stop using them, gear for Shun correctly, problem fixed.
    I'd say for the trouble (yes even today, still) Metsu should by far be the superior weapon skill. So I wouldn't say "you are supposed not use it" because that just makes no sense. Rather "the developers are supposed to do something about it" instead of us just supposedly having to live with it.

You're basically saying: "please do not make Metsu better".
    Good fer you, if you are happy as it is. ^^;

I, for one, would definitely like it to be improved, as I might actually some day make the Kikoku.
    (2)
    ...or so the legend says.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I'd say for the trouble (yes even today, still) Metsu should by far be the superior weapon skill. So I wouldn't say "you are supposed not use it" because that just makes no sense. Rather "the developers are supposed to do something about it" instead of us just supposedly having to live with it.

You're basically saying: "please do not make Metsu better".
    Good fer you, if you are happy as it is. ^^;

I, for one, would definitely like it to be improved, as I might actually some day make the Kikoku.
    The 3 people who still work on this game have better things to do then waste time on something that doesn't need fixed. If you want to use the WS a weapon for NIN offers, make a Kannagi and stop being bad at FFXI and asking the Devs to waste what little resources/time they have on this trash.
    (5)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The 3 people who still work on this game have better things to do then waste time on something that doesn't need fixed. If you want to use the WS a weapon for NIN offers, make a Kannagi and stop being bad at FFXI and asking the Devs to waste what little resources/time they have on this trash.
    I am actually thinking of making a Kannagi, too, and even a Kogarasumaru, but all that is still under development, and yalms beside the point.

Moreover, methinks our concepts of being good in a game such as FFXI differ quite a bit, so I probably can't fulfil your request, I'm afraid. My apologies. Same goes for the latter: I don't think such a thing as useless things for developers to look into exist, as long as a user is asking for it.

You stroll your ways, I stroll mine, but as far as I know, you are not in the position to tell people what to post around here, or are you? :]
    (3)

well spoken Dragory, if i redcall blade hi numbers are inconsistant. It almost always need innin to land on higher level nms not to mention low crit rate but isnt all nin ws like that in a way?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes, innin constantly for lolnnagi in VW. Anything else it dose fine without it.(No, I'm not talking about aby.)
    (0)

hehe "lolnnagi", /erhmm yeah but kanngi aftermath is nice, i been testing blade metus out in oce +1 and iga zukin+innin the "DA" if it is or isnt can procure on ws does a nice hefty dmg spike. could you test it out with kanngi and blade hi see if dmg spike is worth using over oce. head piece?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by vixin View Post
    i been testing blade metus out in oce +1 and iga zukin+innin the "DA" if it is or isnt can procure on ws
    How exactly are you testing this?

could you test it out with kanngi and blade hi see if dmg spike is worth using over oce. head piece?
    You don't use Oce headpiece for Blade: Hi, you use Thaumas hat.

And "testing" for WS sets is beyond stupid. The math for WS's and other damage calculations is known, if you just do the math you can easily see which is better.

if i redcall blade hi numbers are inconsistant. It almost always need innin to land on higher level nms not to mention low crit rate but isnt all nin ws like that in a way?
    While the numbers for Blade: Hi might vary a bit, it will still always beat Metsu and Shun for average damage unless you're incredibly horribly geared. And no, it doesn't "need" Innin, but Innin helps when you can use it.

I am actually thinking of making a Kannagi, too, and even a Kogarasumaru, but all that is still under development, and yalms beside the point.
    So basically, you're a gimp with nothing and this entire discussion doesn't have any impact on you whatsoever, since you're obviously trying to make everything but have nothing done yet? k

Moreover, methinks our concepts of being good in a game such as FFXI differ quite a bit, so I probably can't fulfil your request, I'm afraid. My apologies.
    Ya, my concept of being good at something is doing the best you can, your concept of being good is being gimp and not caring that you're gimp. Whats next, gonna talk about hows its your 12.95?

Same goes for the latter: I don't think such a thing as useless things for developers to look into exist, as long as a user is asking for it.
    Using DEV time on something 0.00001% of the population wants is a waste of time when there's things that could be updated that a vastly superior section of the population wants.

You stroll your ways, I stroll mine, but as far as I know, you are not in the position to tell people what to post around here, or are you? :]
    It's a forum, I can tell you whatever I want, if I spread misinformation you're allowed to counter with reasoning behind why it's misinformation though.

How you guys manage to spew such complete nonsense all the time just amazes me.
    (6)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    wish12oz,

Point being: I do not play this game to compete with other players, nor to get all the 'best items' per se.
    I play this game for fun. If you call that gimp, go ahead, it's your opinion. :]

That said, I do work for getting the best gear I can, if it's within reason such as Kannagi is (on average I think I got 5 helmets per visit, within 100 minutes or so). At least the Briareus part was really fast to do with just 3 characters, but can be tedious and not that fun so that's why I never got to it before.

After doing at least two of the level 85 or 90 Kannagis, I will seriously think about going fer a Relic next, Kikoku being the main candidate I think. I just finished creating the Mandau for a friend, so it's like taking a break from that stuff for a while. :b

Anyhow, a good player to me is not someone who goes around mouth foaming, spewing their own ideals around and telling how other players should play a game, even if their ideals would be the most efficient way to do X with Y. They may be good at gathering the best gear and all, but if they're no fun, that's no good...

You can be a good guide, but your attitude will matter a lot how people will take the advice in. Rather than telling people to not do X, why not just go with explaining how you do it and why, and why it is more effective? Or why this change would not be for the good (other arguments than it being a waste of time, perhaps)?

While you are of course allowed to tell me whatever you want, so are everyone else allowed to suggest what they want. ^^;

I still think the weapon skills, as well as all the other quest ones should be far better than the level 50-60 weapon skills for example. To me, that makes sense. If it's nonsense to you, well, I guess you'll just have to live with it.

Blubb!
    Cake tare~
    (3)

wish12oz,

Point being: I do not play this game to compete with other players, nor to get all the 'best items' per se.
    I play this game for fun. If you call that gimp, go ahead, it's your opinion. :]
    I do all of that at the same time. To bad you haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Getting gear and having fun and being good at the game are all possible at the same time, I dunno when this whole mentality of "If you're good you're a jerk with no friends" ideal starting being kicked around, but it needs to stop.

I still think the weapon skills, as well as all the other quest ones should be far better than the level 50-60 weapon skills for example. To me, that makes sense. If it's nonsense to you, well, I guess you'll just have to live with it.
    While this is the way it should be, it is not like that because SE fails at common sense and updating their game accordingly and making needed/useful improvements. It's better to just ignore their shortcomings on the small stuff, so the big annoyances can be fixed.
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    wish12oz,

I do all of that at the same time. To bad you haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Getting gear and having fun and being good at the game are all possible at the same time, I dunno when this whole mentality of "If you're good you're a jerk with no friends" ideal starting being kicked around, but it needs to stop.
    Yeah, I didn't put that out very well, and I would say it obviously depends a lot of how one would define good. Of course it is possible to be good and have fun! Perhaps a better example would be that I don't find the sources for the new 'best' items in the game fun, and choose not to do them. I guess it does make me a bad player at least in some sense.

I'm not even saying that I'm a good player; I never did!

While this is the way it should be, it is not like that because SE fails at common sense and updating their game accordingly and making needed/useful improvements. It's better to just ignore their shortcomings on the small stuff, so the big annoyances can be fixed.
    I do agree, but even so, I also think people should suggest whatever they want. I don't think it will have a negative impact over more wanted things. In fact, it's not very motivating to not see people suggest changes, I would think. Even if it's something they absolutely would not want to do, it can still give them ideas and blah blah.

In any case, if the development team does not get more love some time soon, the future does not look too good whatever they happen to read, methinks... Things like this would likely take at least a year for them to actually start working upon them anyway, and shouldn't affect higher priority issues.

By the by, I was not talking about anyone in particular up there, if that is what it seemed like. :S
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast