Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NIN combinations

Just want to know what most people like subing with thier nin and some combinations, job traits, and abilities that make their job more personal unique. feel free to post anything and no this isnt a troll i'm just curious what people come up with in their own free time.
    (1)

WAR

It's cookie cutter because it's the best. If you sub anything else you're doing it wrong.
    (5)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Depending on what (event/quest) you're doing in the game there are more options than just the 'cookie cutter' /war.

*in before "just level xxx job" and stop doing it wrong.*

For most things in game I am either /war or /dnc; on occasion /sam and /thf even. Just depends on what I'm (we're) getting into.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

I like your Bulrogg my favorite support role jobs for nin are by far blu and sam. Blue mage giving a wide selection of traits and haste with that nice coccon when things go thru shadows "physical aoe". Samurai with nice occ 2-4 attack off hand hitting up store tp in place for double attack armor yeilds nice results.
    (1)

I haven't tried NIN/blu, but I have gone out /rdm while working on kills for magian trials. I had my NPC out leveling it too and it made for a nice /sub.
    (1)
    that's what

Indeed i have done rdm as a sub with san spells in VW they are pretty nice you get magic attack bonus 2 trait and self haste to lower yoru recast spells with fast cast2 combo.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Depending on what (event/quest) you're doing in the game there are more options than just the 'cookie cutter' /war.
    There actually isn't any instance where you should be playing NIN where it's correct to sub anything other than WAR. Unless of course you like being inefficient and terrible at FFXI.

*in before "just level xxx job" and stop doing it wrong.*
    It's funny you say this since it's the right answer.

For most things in game I am either /war or /dnc; on occasion /sam and /thf even. Just depends on what I'm (we're) getting into.
    If you need TH play THF. Anything else you could gain from a sub other than WAR is stupid. /DNC? Really? What for? a WHM or RDM or SCH or BRD mule/friend does more than /dnc, and it even lets you use the better DD sub, WAR, so you can do whatever it is your were doing better and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by vixin View Post
    I like your Bulrogg my favorite support role jobs for nin are by far blu and sam. Blue mage giving a wide selection of traits and haste with that nice coccon when things go thru shadows "physical aoe".
    BLU and SAM both give less than WAR sub from a damage dealing perspective, which is all that matters for a good ninjas subjob. It's especially funny that you would waste so much time keeping cocoon up instead of just having a PDT set. Cocoon is just a defense buff anyway, which is basically useless, and if it mattered at all guess what- /WAR has defender you could use when your shadows go down and ississikinini whatever isn't up.

Samurai with nice occ 2-4 attack off hand hitting up store tp in place for double attack armor yeilds nice results.
    lol.....
    Real Katanas gain TP just as fast/faster than an oat 2-4 katana because of the way dual wield lowers TP gain.
    Also, 15 stp from /sam is basically reducing the attack rounds required to hit 100 tp by 1, but guess what, the 10% DA from /war does exactly the same thing, except you gain the damage from 2 extra attacks instead of just gaining the TP from them. /WAR also gives you attack bonus JTs and berserk, but whatever, I doubt you listen to any of this anyway.

Indeed i have done rdm as a sub with san spells in VW they are pretty nice you get magic attack bonus 2 trait and self haste to lower yoru recast spells with fast cast2 combo.
    Meleeing yields more damage than casting crappy spells no matter what you do.
    If your mages aren't hasting you in VW, you should tell them to quit sucking and do it.
    Fast cast isn't useful because you shouldn't be casting unless it's for a proc that the BLMs or BLUs will call out for you.
    (5)

Off-topic:

If all you're going to do is criticize the way others play the game, just leave the thread alone.

You can type till you're blue in the face but we know there's more than one way to skin a coeurl.

If it offends you that we enjoy a different style of playing, I apologize that you weren't taught as a child how to play well with others. But there's no need to make rude and harassing post about those that choose a different method of play.

On-topic:

I haven't done much VW outside of a few upgrades here and there but will keep an open mind. When teaming up for events, I usually ask the leader or man-at-arms if there is a /sub that they prefer or find useful in that campaign.
    (16)
    that's what

Off-topic:

If all you're going to do is criticize the way others play the game, just leave the thread alone.
    And if all you're going to do is spew incorrect information, you can leave the thread alone too. Are you going to argue against any of my points or simply stick the the ITS MY 12.95 A MONTH I'LL DO WHAT I WANT LEAVE ME ALONE!!! come back?

You can type till you're blue in the face but we know there's more than one way to skin a coeurl.
    Ya, but just like IRL, there's a proper way to skin any animal and thousands of horrible incorrect ways to do it.

If it offends you that we enjoy a different style of playing, I apologize that you weren't taught as a child how to play well with others. But there's no need to make rude and harassing post about those that choose a different method of play.
    Telling people how it is, is not insulting, rude or harassing. I didn't call you a moron or stupid or any such thing. I simply pointed out that what you were doing is wrong. And I wouldn't have a problem with the things you say at all, as long as you said how inefficient and horrible the things you're doing happen to be. Say that, and say that your SJ combinations are only for fun, and I won't need to post here to correct your misinformation anymore. I'm sorry you never learned when someone is insulting you or telling you the honest truth when you were a child, but you should really try and learn the difference.

On-topic:

I haven't done much VW outside of a few upgrades here and there but will keep an open mind. When teaming up for events, I usually ask the leader or man-at-arms if there is a /sub that they prefer or find useful in that campaign.
    And I'm sure they always say WAR, or something specifically for a proc it gives that no one else is covering.
    (4)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just want to know what most people like subing with thier nin and some combinations, job traits, and abilities that make their job more personal unique.
    Unique is usually stupid; that is to say, people trying to be unique or calling for things to be unique screw over the rest of us who want a game that is actually unique in that you can have one character and do it all. People afraid of the "cookie cutter" are the reason we have merit categories that force you to choose between being able to goof off on your favorite class and being good at the class everyone asks you to come to events as.

That said, /WAR, despite being an incredibly powerful job combination isn't the only way to do it. You might as well complain if someone is having fun with their mage job and meleeing it up or someone is having fun with some other job with an unusual build, or that someone is playing it safe with a more healing friendly build.

Warrior sub is great for holding hate because it pumps out more damage, especially on harder mobs, this sub should probably be your default in party play unless you have a good reason not to (additionally it adds several procs in Abyssea, especially important if you are missing a WAR). On easier mobs that you might want to solo, Dancer sub can be extremely helpful for the self-healing, and as an added bonus you get access to a few hybrid abilities. Red Mage sub has Fast Cast and Magic Attack Bonus if you want to play more Ninjutsu based, while having a few things for more solo-oriented play, although this is an interesting combination if you are trying to hold hate on a flying monster using Ninjustsu nukes. Dark Knight gives easy access to Stun while having a few melee related buffs (there are mobs that you might wish to Stun, and it is far better to have yourself backing up your stunners in a lowman with Stuns then expecting your healer to not only use a vastly inferior sub but also to be focusing on Stuns rather then healing). There are all cases where these can more useful then a bit of extra melee damage, however you have to thing about the situation carefully before deciding. Generally however, if you are in a party, you can't go wrong with Warrior as a sub, it does what a ninja is usually expected to do.
    (3)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast