Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I like Ninja99/ChuckNorris49. I dont need to voke cause mobs are paralized all the fight, I dont do Double attack, I do Quintuple atack 100% proc. taking a Brew lower my stat. Seriously you all wrong... Suport job should be /Chucknorris.

Before you answer, I'm kidding hihihi.
    But now you mention some suport job:
    -NIN/SMN (Carby can follow you)
    -NIN/BRD you can sing youre favorite song
    -NIN/PUP to entertain ppl in town

Still kidding... yeah sorry I'm not serious tonight. But I remember back in time, before Abyssea and the level caps was 75... NIN/RNG with gun or Suriken happy with sange... I remember also NIN/DRK for tanking in sky... I also remeber NIN/SAM when was time to unlock WS (and was seriously disapointed)... I feel nostalgic now ^^

Today NIN/WAR is mainly what I use now. most situation (even solo NM in tier I and II abyssea). Sometime I use /DNC just cause: the low man setup need me to stun move or I dont want to bother ppl when I farm/skill up parrying (yeah I know, I'm gimp... parrying just at 300 still need to work on it). Sometime I do NIN/BLM or /WHM just for warp/teleport when doing old school qst.

Oh and about elemental wheel today: I still use it when I need to keep hate and need to stop hiting/facing NM. I use the "dont remember the name" potion that boost magic ACC/Attck. I use it also on mob who use spike shield sometime...

Wish12oz: You right about NIN/WAR melee is best for NIN, but they are certain situation that need to adapt toward some other strategy, and the beauty of Ninja: you can adapt you're play for those situation. not always the optimal way, but can be fun to sometime.
    (1)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That's the beauty of this game, sub jobs are extremely flexible and it's up to us to use them to suit our play style. Certain subs are defacto for certain situations due to many years of testing, there is no questions about those certain subs and moot point trying to be "different". If you wanna tank, keep hate and deal good damage, warrior is one of those defacto sub jobs bar none, stop arguing. Otherwise there are many other sub jobs you can try and experiment for solo play or small groups set up where you don't have to be the main tank, or where you don't have dedicated healer or just want to play it outside the box. This game is extremely flexible and we should be able to play it how we want, as long as we are aware certain situation require you do certain things, and stop trying to argue since those methods have been tried and tested for us. Then again, teamwork and understanding of game mechanics is also something that will help to break the norm and let you play outside the box - hence you should have a few in game friends so you can experiments with different sub jobs.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    I'm sorry you can't make friends in an MMO.

If you make friends with someone, and show them that you are willing to drop what you're doing to go help them, they will do this in return. I know friendship can be a hard concept for some people to understand, but I assure you, that is how it actually works.

He knows me so well D: It's amazing how much incredible insight can be gathered about someone's real life from a forum post. I have no friends ._. That's why I'm here. I can't believe all this time... I never knew what friendship was. I'll have to try my hand at it.

Who wants to be my friend? lol
    (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Savlyn View Post
    He knows me so well D: It's amazing how much incredible insight can be gathered about someone's real life from a forum post. I have no friends ._. That's why I'm here. I can't believe all this time... I never knew what friendship was. I'll have to try my hand at it.

Who wants to be my friend? lol

I'll be your friend. Btw FF tactics sig i love that game was a master piece ;D
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Honestly, I don't care how much you think you know about Ninja, if you think BLM is the preferred sub for WHM for warps then I don't have to make the case that you are misinformed, you've already done it for me.

Any WHM worth their salt will be able to tell you what the best subjobs for backline healing are. Black Mage is not one of them. Warp items aren't expensive.
    Do your job tanking and mitigating damage well, and WHMs won't need much MP, meaning /rdm or /sch is useless, because that's what they offer, extra MP. Meanwhile, /BLM always offers inventory clogging free warps, and also stuns like a champ, looks like it's superior to me, you just need to not be bad at NIN. Warp items are not expensive, but they take up lots of room, room you shouldn't have if you decently gear your jobs. I'll drop those warp items for extra minnows for my favorite job, Fishercat, without thinking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Of course, you might feel that there is a situation where it is better to use an inferior sub for one thing to do something else... in which case you agree with me that there are cases where using the best sub for one role is not always the best idea for players.
    There are situations where other subs can be useful, but all these situations arise due to bad play style/no friends/no mule.
    (3)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Do your job tanking and mitigating damage well, and WHMs won't need much MP, meaning /rdm or /sch is useless, because that's what they offer, extra MP.
    If you think that's the best each of those subjobs have to offer, then you need to shut up and talk about jobs you actually know shit about. "BLM has warp" is probably the most retarded argument for why BLM is a better subjob that I've ever heard.
    (8)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Let me tell you all a story:

It was 2003, and I was fighting in a ~Lv.45 party. I was on RDM/war (my combo since the Dunes) and was tragically evened-out on dmg output with one of the WARs in our PT. The only people to out damage me was the 2nd WAR (unless I had to cast more due to an MP inefficient backline).

Cue some drama about how I "don't know how to play my job right" and the weak WAR got leader, and subsequently kicked me from the PT. So, within a year, I became the RDM that silenced the "immune to silence" sky gods, paralyzed the ice-based NMs, and pretty much fixed every fub some bone-headed DD committed by aggroing the wrong mob or forgetting how to keep mobs off the mages.

I also pissed off a lot of other RDM folk because I debuffed the mobs they couldn't (or because they were levelling RDM so they could get into end-game events when no one wanted loldrg, loldrk, or were told their WAR sucked) and didn't want to be shown that RDM can be more than an MP battery.

Now, I have never had anything against melee RDM (I used to be one, after all); and even though it is no longer part of my playstyle, I know that players who use "one subjob onry" are some of the worst and most inefficient players in the game. Why? Because if they can't get a specific setup, they won't do anything... because they only know how to play their job one way.

Now, fast forward to 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011, oh look, here it is in 2012, and as a prett-damned-good WHM, I can tell you that "/blm for D2" is the last thing on any good WHMs mind when it comes to subjobs. Of course, buying a warp cudgel or insta-scroll must be horribly inefficient and inventory-hogging, so I wouldn't expect any of my DDs to have one.

Oh, I forgot, any good mage will have 2-3x the gear a DD will. So when I go 74/80 on inventory and another 15/80 in sack, I don't think anyone here has a leg to stand on when they suggest I go /blm to make their lives easier. Maybe I shouldn't bother casting Stona on a DD who decided not to turn around during a Gaze? Placing high standards on yourself is one thing. But being a jerk who refuses to even entertain the idea of playing a job in an non-contemporary manner is rediculous. It's also uneducated (lol@sub-blm) and that kind of narrow vision is synonemous with the "JP-Onry" LFPs of yore.

I can't blame people who think that way: they simply don't know any better. And while you can educate ignorance, stupid lasts forever.

Just a final thought: "If you want D2, level BLM". Trololol?
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

QUICK bump a thread thats over a month old to try and convince people that the extra MP gained from /sch and /rdm is somehow usefulllll!!!!!!!11one11!!!!1
    +1 inventory > more mp when you don't run out of mp anyway.
    (4)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I love nin/drk still, its one of the older subs... after raptor's mazurka and before the patch /brd was great for hate
    One of my favorite combos was /rng for slug shots
    /mnk is fun for weaker monsters using +2 legs from aby... counter stance tank
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

/mnk is fun to play around with when just passing time. I like using Atmas: RR, GH and Roaring Laughter to toy around with as counterstance Ninja.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast