Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Making AF3 +2 items more obtainable post Abyssea

I have finally finished my Caller's Attire +2 set (and, by absolute chance, starting the Unkai Armor +2 set) mostly through soloing Turul this weekend. I am under no illusions, however, that every job's AF3 +2 NM or its KI chain will be soloable. While Jewels of Wieldance, for example, can be obtained by soloing Ironclad Severer, getting Jewels of Balance isn't quite as easy solo.

I have no real answer to how AF3 +2 items can be made more accessible without changing the NM system aside from making Gold KI chests far more reliable and/or making the NMs themselves slightly less onerous to soloers now that Voidwatch has had the developers' desired effect of nearly killing Abyssea altogether.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I thought Cirein Corin was the 3x Jewel of Balance NM? I always assumed he was laughably easy to lowman even possibly solo or duo or am I missing something?
    (0)

Player
    You could solo CC at 85 cap on a mage job... This post can't be serious...

And then I see the signature and I'm scared that it is...
    (3)

I never mentioned the NMs difficulty at all. The issue is with getting the key items quickly enough to get to NMs such as Cirein-Croin. Doing so without a job that can hit the red !! and survive the rest of the way solo and legit (sorry PC geeks. Not everyone does the whole multi-box thing) is no easy task.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Find a friend? Even 1?

Also, SE did make +2 items more accessible. They raised the level cap.
    (5)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Me and my usual lowman duo partner for misc Abyssea ventures invested in obtaining the +skill gear so that as a WAR/SAM and THF/NIN we cover every red proc between us so you might wanna look into that and see what's feasible and what isn't for the job u solo with.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Any job /war can hit at least half red procs, and they have a pretty generous drop rate even without red.
    Either a joke post, or OP is slighty confused at the finer details of solo proccing.
    (0)

Player
    Ninja Prd Blm Rdm Blu Thf and Mnk and a few others I know for certain can aoe farm for gold boxes even if you somehow can't red proc the NMs (Both NMs are laughable solos even for the Pink Brigade).
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 04-10-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Ninja Prd Blm Rdm Blu Thf and Mnk and a few others I know for certain can aoe farm for gold boxes even if you somehow can't red proc the NMs (Both NMs are laughable solos even for the Pink Brigade).
    is "PRD" a Paradin or Pard?

Anyway, Abyssea is so easy I could solo it naked, half asleep, and with 2 fingers and 1 hand. Nothing about it needs to be any easier. Find some friends, or shout. Stop waiting for SE to just send moogles to your Mog house and spoon feed you the gear. I'm almost never on the side of bashing someone for wanting to make something easier, Because i feel a game should be fun, and Tedious Artificial difficulty =/= Fun or challenge.

But come on, Abyssea pretty much wipes your a** for you if you ask it kindly enough, It doesn't need to take the poo for you.

It may seem like a long journey, Just crack down, Start shouting, or bug a few friends to duo with you. It may take a little effort, but thats what it needs to be. A Little effort for a lot of reward.
    (1)

Player
    Prd is what I like to call Paladin :/
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast