Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's not hard to believe that some people here intentionally misread posts to get in their bullet points. I'm certainly not asking for NMs to become easier. As you can see in my posts, I've finished the last 2 pieces of the Caller's gear by soloing Ironclad Severer and Turul. The only thing I am looking for is to make Key Items for certain NMs more readily available when time and numbers are lacking (that "make friends" crack is getting awfully old, by the way). That or slightly increase the number of AF3 +2 items that drop from each NM, which I am not necessarily in favor of.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Player
    Kill the NM with what red procs you can. if you don't have that gold box farm. Seriously I've had a friend farm NMs on jobs with like 5 red procs, it is not difficult.
    (0)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I have to agree with neisan pretty much. Go try it anyway even if you dont have all red procs covered, if you can proc red great if you can't well at least you tried and hopefully just eat the loss and wait 10mins at the earliest for your next shot, if comp comes a knocking try and see if you can team up at least for the KI gathering stage and if possible YPYD and have them pass you lead on your pop so you can quartermaster the drops.

I assume you solo on pet jobs which could be seen as an asset in a CC farm (tho not as much now with the lvl cap increases) to hold the NM while everyone runs around charmed.

All i'm trying to advocate is identify your resources and utilize them accordingly and try and find common goals between you and your comp if possible because as painful as it may be for all your trying to blow up in your face its a hell of a lot closer to getting where you wanna be then standing in Jeuno or what have you.
    (0)

the only part of this I agree with is that yes, red procs for KI pops are a bitch to solo, at least on any job that doesn't start with the letters War...

That being said, while you may be interested in soloing this content the fact is SE has always been partial to the party and/or alliance system. Nothing SE has done recently leads me to believe that commitment hasn't changed, so easing red procs seems doubtful.

I hate the proc system, have since day one. Make me level a job to where everything is insanely easy, then force me to weaken myself to keep mobs alive long enough to get lucky on a proc? No thanks. But that's the way they chose to go, so the fortunate job list is still just that. I doubt any Aby revisions are in the works, or even being considerred, so I guess if you insist on soloing you just have to bend over and take it like everyone else.
    (0)

a "simple" tweak would be to add more VNM spawns to each zone. The mad scramble to get that one pop once every 10-15 minutes can get kinda nasty sometimes when there's more than one group after them.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Look, we know it's not that hard for getting the +2 items BUT some monsters have like over 3 KIs to spawn and a few are harder overall to solo duo unless you are completionist and have those great amazing atmas etc... with empy weapons. If they just adjust those KIs to be more obtainable via gold chest then it's not too bad. All they have to do is small tweaks overall and it should be fine. They probably have no resources for this, knowing the new contents are all half baked and need tons of works, and in their mind abyssea was utter failure and total bombs, even if it revitalized the game, brought good amount of cash and literally saved the game from stagnation. There is always those that wish level cap is 75 and everything is back like the way it used to be, never again, glad that dark ages 1.0 is dead - unfortunately welcome to post-abyssea, aka FFXI Dark Ages Vers 2.0. What? you expect new content? not a chance as long as FF14 version 2.0 is still in the works.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The non-Red KI drop rate is actually fairly high in Scars zones, in my experience (~50%?). I used to Aeolian Edge burn Chigoes on DNC/SAM with a WHM mule and would regularly agro and kill Tunga / get his KI without Red proc. Eventually I just started pulling him intentionally because the drop rate was so good even without red.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    The non-Red KI drop rate is actually fairly high in Scars zones, in my experience (~50%?). I used to Aeolian Edge burn Chigoes on DNC/SAM with a WHM mule and would regularly agro and kill Tunga / get his KI without Red proc. Eventually I just started pulling him intentionally because the drop rate was so good even without red.
    It's very uneven - drop rate is better in the last two zones but not on the first zones unless you are in a party that consistently farm amber + pearl + azure. They should revise those NMs that needs more than 2 KIs. 1-2 KIs should be more than plenty to pop.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2