Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Player

Possible solo entry into salvage areas.

I'm currently half way on a mythic and so far I've had 3 statics for it. Each one has disbanded over time. This has left me with a lot of missed days that I could have been working on my mythic.
    Most disbanded when one of the 3 people had to work a different shift or had other interests. This left just 2 of us there prepped to go.

This is why I'd like to discuss the lowering of the minimum entry limit to 1. We have come to a point where you can solo most of the zones. People are already doing this by having 2 friends fake dc outside as they go in, leaving the 2 friends outside and the other person in salvage to solo.

As a lvl99 mnk, nin, thf, bst, etc... you can effectively farm a lot of alexandrites solo.
    This would be a huge benefit to people like me who do not have a working static at this moment.

Not only would this be great for the solo farmer doing a mythic. This would also generate more alex in bazaars, since it would be easier to farm for people interested to sell. And seeing the price of alex is around 15k a stone, this would be very lucrative.

It would be a bonus for the mythic builders and the people just interested in gear/alex to sell.

Would love to read your replies on this. Vote it up so it can get realized.
    Thank you.
    (12)
    Last edited by Goliathreborn; 04-11-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    the devs posted at one point that lowering to 1 person would increase congestion as well as increase the number of rewards, and have no plan of doing it. The Ashu Talif attachement are still worth millions, although there are not as needed as back at 75 for example, and reducing to 1 tag would allow people to solo them and make it not worth farming for gil, for those that still do it (I used to spam them every day). Same for alexandrite.
    (0)

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    the devs posted at one point that lowering to 1 person would increase congestion as well as increase the number of rewards, and have no plan of doing it. The Ashu Talif attachement are still worth millions, although there are not as needed as back at 75 for example, and reducing to 1 tag would allow people to solo them and make it not worth farming for gil, for those that still do it (I used to spam them every day). Same for alexandrite.
    Yeah thats the worst logic I've ever heard, we see what kind of people make up the dev team though
    (4)

Character
    Tagus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It would be amazing if they ever did this. I think if there was one thing I could change about this game, that would be it.
    (2)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

¯Ʒ¯=Ð

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    This has been quite often suggested in either identical or slightly different forms, and will be for sure in the future just as well.

Here is one reply to it from some time ago (times change, and I am interested to see how Assault and Salvage in particular will be changed in the possibly not so distant world I mean future).

This has been quite often suggested in either identical or slightly different forms, and will be for sure in the future just as well.

Here is one reply to it from some time ago (times change, and I am interested to see how Assault and Salvage in particular will be changed in the possibly not so distant world I mean future).

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are aware that with the current level of difficulty, it is possible to clear things with less than three people. However, we do not have plans of changing it so that you can solo/duo this content due to the fact that the "cost" of Assault-related content is 3 tags. Therefore, the rewards, and other aspects, are balanced for the "cost" of 3 people or more entering.
    Yer, I just quoted myself!

So sue me.

I do agree, though, as I likely have mentioned many times before now. While it does not really affect me in the ways of entrance because I have the possibility to be at 3 characters to enter at nearly any time. However, it might increase Alexandrite availability (it just might) which I would be pleased about.

I would actually be more please about being able to enter more often instead, but I wouldn't be against this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 04-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Yer, I just quoted myself!

So sue me.

I do agree, though, as I likely have mentioned many times before now. While it does not really affect me in the ways of entrance because I have the possibility to be at 3 characters to enter at nearly any time. However, it might increase Alexandrite availability (it just might) which I would be pleased about.

I would actually be more please about being able to enter more often instead, but I wouldn't be against this.
    Being able to enter by yourself would need far less planning then when you need 3 ppl.
    It's also less taxing on your friends who have to yet again do a zone that they have done a 100 times before.

Solo entry: I'm in the mood for some salvage >>> enters.
    3 ppl: I'm in the mood for some salvage >>> "/l hey anyone wanna do some salvage for my mythic?" >>> "Krikket krikket"...

Would just be so much better imo. But yea.. 3 assault tags... oh gee... can't let those go to waste now could we..
    (0)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with above statement. This is an event that needs to be revamped so there is no participation requirement anymore. This area cannot be more congested than dynamis and it shouldnt be treated special either.

the only thing they would need to readjust are spawn conditions to NMs for those who actually would want some gear and not the alexandrites.
    (1)

Player
    Yea seems in their mind the area is better off empty most of the time then being used for what it was intended.. logic?
    (0)

Character
    Tagus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliathreborn View Post
    Yea seems in their mind the area is better off empty most of the time then being used for what it was intended.. logic?
    Haha.. well if they made salvage accessible, people might actually do it and mythic weapons would become less rare, and therefore less awesome.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Giving Salvage the Dynamis 2.0 treatment would be rad.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast