Character
    Cadvan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Make it so that the NPC can store extra voidusts

I would like to see the Voidwatch officer being able to take extra voiddusts and hold the stones over the maximum you can carry. I am suggesting a system similar to trading the crystal petrifact to kupofried to get the KI to enter the final fight.

I think that this would be a nice and worthwhile minor adjustment. While the people that only join shout groups might not understand the problem, I believe that people that take part in attempting to get drops in a static would understand that groups want to kill as many monsters in the few hours they have together has possible.

Most people I know have a hard time getting space to carry all of their gear, and the 18+ voiddust that they need for each run. People want to keep moving as fast as we can in order get through as many fights and possible drops every run. At some point it's not reasonable to have to warp all over the world or go through the auction house in order to collect enough dust after each round of 6 fights.

Since it has been added in for the final fights I was wondering if it was possible to add this to the orignal voidwatch fights as well.
    (1)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It would be super convenient but wouldn't people just over buy from the AH to store in NPC? Which i guess wouldn't be too bad but it might lead to dry spells as to when there would be stock in the AH since you'd be essentially locking in the price of dust in case prices go higher (unlikely but locking in a good price might be just enough incentive for dust supply to dry up).

Although that isn't a bad thing since its not like they're being stolen from since people selling them are getting their pay
    (0)

Character
    Cadvan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah dry spells could be a possibility, but at some point when there are 300+ on the auction house on a regular basis anyhow there will be a dry spell eventually no matter how you cut it.

I do like the fact that I could go and campaign battle for a weekend and have enough dusts to last for at least a week if not more. This means that people could supply their own in situations where there was a lack of supply. The problem is that unless we are doing any of the monsters in the past it is extremely time consuming to need to run and get new dusts in the middle of a run because of inventory concerns.

I'm mostly requesting this as a way so that people that are getting dusts from the NPC can store more when they go and get dusts.

I think that after the first couple weeks people hoarding voidstones that the market would sift back because I doubt most people are going to spend 1mil+ on dusts if they are not sure when they would using them. Even static have weeks where they use more stones than other especially seeing how the final fights don't use stones.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I agree with this. Like how you can trade 4 crystal petrifacts to the ??? (Kupofried) in WoE and they will be converted into a Kupofried's Corundum and added to your stock, you should be able to trade voiddust to a Voidwatch Officer in the same manner.

Another thing that bugs me, is if you are doing a vwnm which you don't need/want anything from (say you're helping friends/ls get clears), and you already have one or more voidstones on you, you either have to actually use a voidstone or you get nothing at all, not even half exp/cruor. Ideally, there should be an option somewhere where you get to pick if you do want to use a voidstone or not.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.