World: Asura
    Main Job: 99 White Mage
    Support Job: Scholar
    Area and Coordinates: Waughroon Shrine
    Party or Solo: Party of 5 people
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: Tartaruga Gigante
    Steps:
    1. Entered KS99 battlefield "The Hills Are Alive" in Waughroon Shrine at 4:01PM PST, and began fighting Tartaruga Gigante.
    2. I silenced it as soon as it went into its shell. Shortly after being damaged enough for the monster to come back out of its shell, silence would wear.
    3. As soon as it went back into its shell, I would re-silence it. This continued until about 4:17PM PST. Tartaruga Gigante's silence wore while out of its shell, and a minute later, at 4:18PM PST, it entered its shell and began casting Flood.
    4. I cast silence on the monster, while it was casting, and was told that my silence had no effect, as though it was still silenced, but its Flood spell still completed casting.
    5. I tried to silence it again at 4:20 PM PST, but received the same message of "Kestral's Silence has no effect on the Tartaruga Gigante."
    6. This had happened before in a previous fight, but I didn't bother to document it until it happened again.
    (0)

perhaps just a high resist rate? A lot of strats call for doing a ton of Ice damage to it...with all that affinity to ice on the mob, could just amplify partial/full resists on a wind based spell.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Threed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 10
    The only time I wasn't able to land it was when it was telling me "no effect". I've never seen my log tell me anything but "resist" if a mob was actually resisting my silence, so if that's the reason behind it, there's still the case of it giving me the wrong message.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Guillotine or Gekko both have silence additional effects and don't last very long. If someone used one of them right before you cast then it would explain everything.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Guillotine or Gekko both have silence additional effects and don't last very long. If someone used one of them right before you cast then it would explain everything.
    This. If you had sam(s) there for darkness sc (which isn't an uncommon thing for this KSNM), they would be using Tachi: Gekko which silences the mob.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Greetings Aaradia,

Thank you for posting your concern for how quickly Silence is wearing off on Tartaruga Gigante. I have made sure to submit all of your information to the development team, and they will thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend checking Here and Here for any details regarding the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)