Character
    Denatris
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90

Trial 955 not giving credit for kills

I have tried starting Magian's trial 955 on 3 separate occasions and it will not give credit for kills. Please someone fix....prefer this weapon to Empy and Relic
    (0)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be happy to escalate your report to the developers for testing. However, they will need the following information for testing. While some information may seem unnecessary, it is needed to help reproduce the problem. Can you please fill out the template below? Thank you for understanding:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.("PlayStation2", Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write "Solo". If you were in a party, please write "Party". With alliance, please write "Alliance."
    *If you wrote "Party" or "Alliance", please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write "None".

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write "None".

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.

* What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    * Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    * If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    * In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.

SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)

are you sure you are killing the right target?
    Defeat 50 Crawlers under weather conditions.

■Enemies must give experience points when killed.
    ■Level Sync will work for this.
    I ask this because there has been some confusion before on Crawler trials. This appears to call specifically for crawlers. Eruca type mobs may not work on this trial, only the crawler types. Same might go for Defoliator class also (though, they have tended to still work on other Crawler trials--but generally, these trials will exclude Eruca types). Also, make sure weather is present when it is killed.

For more details on the different types, here is the main category from the wiki:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Crawlers

[EDIT:]
    According to the talk page for this trial, Eruca's do NOT work:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Trial_955
    Carmine Eruca in wajaom woodlands don't count for this trial /sigh.
    --Josephpate 03:42, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 04-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neimian View Post
    I have tried starting Magian's trial 955 on 3 separate occasions and it will not give credit for kills. Please someone fix....prefer this weapon to Empy and Relic
    In case you don't know, killing erucas or defoliators does not work for this trial. It's type specific kills, not family.

Edit: damnit, beaten D:
    (0)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 04-05-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Denatris
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    It was...indeed...an issue with what I was killing...I was killing Erucas on Mt Zhaylom. I switched to Knight Crawlers in the Tree and the Trial was a success.TYVM Tamoa and RAIST for pointing me in the right direction.
    (0)

Hello Neimian,

I'm glad that you were able to figure out what the cause of your concern was. Special thanks to the other posters for helping out! I'll close out this thread now that this seems to be resolved.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)