Character
    Lotmorning
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Stuck @ downloading screen

I was sitting in Provedance waiting to begin new VW, and all sudden got FFXI unresponsive error and PoL put me back to character selection screen. Since then I have been unable to log back into the game I am stuck at "Downloading Data". I have restarted PoL 4x now and every time I am frozen at same spot.

System: Windows 7 x64
    (0)

Love squishy mobs

Character
    Lotmorning
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    ignore, my friend was able to log me in and move me to a different zone and everything working now
    (0)

Love squishy mobs

sounds like the old DNS/UDP packet loss issue again. Could be a temporary snafu enroute (ie, an issue with the ISP or other networks between you and servers), or an issue with local routing/security.

I'd do a quick check of your router config as well as your local security software and logs for each to see if something was getting blocked when you had the connectivity issues. If it's logged, you might be able to create an exception for that IP or IP block ("google" the IP to see who owns it first via "who is" lookups). Sometimes the SPI firewalls on routers contribute to this issue too. NAT settings as well--some have some optional security settings that you can loosen up that resolve this.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.