Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Viewing maps of other areas

Greetings!

The other day on the JP forums there was a suggestion to make it possible to view maps of other areas by selecting the map from the key item list. The development team decided to look into it and while they are still discussing this more in depth, they came up with a couple of ideas.

Viewing the map of other areas
    We are discussing to see if it's possible to view the map of other areas by preparing an area-selection interface similar to the area search and display the map of the area players select. There are areas with multiple maps, but for these we are considering to display the map of the area in order.

Markers on maps of other areas
    We are also looking into whether or not it's possible to place markers on the maps of other areas when displayed. We are starting to see some possibilities so the design is being worked on at the moment. As long as everything goes well, you will not only be able to view the map of other areas, but also place markers on them as well.

However, in regards to sharing the marker placement with party members or displaying the location of party members in other areas on the map, this would be difficult since the method for handling the data in multiple areas needs to be solved first. We will continue to look in to the possibility, but please understand that this is quite difficult to make happen.

Balance Adjustments
    Along with the discussion on the feedback we have received, we are also reviewing the balance on acquiring the area maps. As of now, the methods on how to obtain maps vary depending on the area. Some you can purchase from NPCs, while others you receive as a reward for completing quests. Overall, we would like to make them easier to obtain.

Once we get some more information on the solidified plans we will be sure to let you know.
    (21)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    An alright idea, but seriously, stop using the word BALANCE.
    (10)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    An alright idea, but seriously, stop using the word BALANCE.
    It really doesn't matter what word they use. They could start saying "cruptlefritz" instead of "balance" and you'd still be mad, bro. They could go even further and make absolutely no attempt to cruptlefritz anything in the game, and things would be even worse than they are now.
    (5)

As long as the Crawlers Nest Map quest is left unchanged.

You want that map, get out and move your feet(fingers). I remember doing that quest with a friend back in 2004 when I was a level 40ish RDM and we took a weekend to explore all of the stone monument areas. A well rewarding quest. Don't change it.

However, I'd like to be able to re-read all of the stone monuments without having to trek around again.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I do think the methods of acquiring certain maps need an overhaul, in particular the CoP maps and some of the Zilart maps.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Balancing maps. Yes.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ß

I think I sent a suggestion some years ago via the back-then-methods of sending suggestions similar to this, as it would have made me journeys easier if I could have actually 'jumped' from map to map to view the route more easily.

This was back when i didn't really know how the areas area laid out in the region map for example, but nevertheless, it would be a nice adjustment indeed. I don't think I would benefit from it at all personally, since basically all the maps are in my head now and don't really need them at all.

Still, it is good to see improvements are being thought about even on this aspect of the game.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Having most of the maps, except for the Prommy's and Newton Movalpolos,(Got me a stack of Firesand for this, just need to bring the NPC out and get a key drop) honestly, all the chest maps need to be easier to get. It helps people want to go into new areas, if they have the map to the place. I'd suggest not changing the Questable maps though (ie. Toraimorai Canal, Crawler's Nest, Norg, as well as sky and Sea) Due to having some bragging rights on maps. Increase the drop rates on mesosphere's in the Promyvion zones while you are at it and I will be happy.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well, if they aren't going to make these maps more accessible, then why would they of made this post?
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Well, if they aren't going to make these maps more accessible, then why would they of made this post?
    True, but still some maps should be difficult to get.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast