Hybrid View

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Gear-lock

I was working with an idea a while back that I never quite finished. Instead of coming up with a wall of text in details of what it should be like, I figured maybe it was worth dicussing first. Here is my suggestion:

If you would be able to "lock" your items before you left your mog house, you would recieve a bonus. It could be "Haste+20%", "Magic attack+ 20%", "Double attack+20%" etc. This would stop the need of swapping gear constantly and and free up macro space.

If you like my suggestion, please post some of your ideas for a bonus^_-
    <3
    (2)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

I'd rather see SE do something about the limited space of macros and players losing target when another player swaps gear.

Granting a bonus for not swapping gear is almost counter-productive in trying to encourage players to max out their gear sets for specific tasks. Not to mention, the bonuses you suggest are pretty overpowered. There should be a sacrifice for the convenience of having to wear only one set of gear, not a bonus...
    (3)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't agree. I love the abyssea gear-set. You work with getting good gear and they get better using them together.

Also the bonuses isnt really overpowered in my opinion. Let's take an example for a common mele-pattern in this game:
    Equip alot of haste gear for TP, then attack gear for WS. Rinse and repeat. When you can cap the haste lvl with certan armor and then macro in tons of attack from different armor, giving haste 20%+ or attack xx%+ in bonus just seems fair.

This way if you choose to only have alot of haste in both gear and bonus, then your WS wont be as good and vice versa. It balances itself ^_-
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    Granting a bonus for not swapping gear is almost counter-productive in trying to encourage players to max out their gear sets for specific tasks.
    The game and certain jobs were not designed around swapping gear. It was more an oversight that was left alone rather than fixed. If anything, it has contributed to the inventory woes people with multiple jobs leveled and geared have (and continue to have).
    Not to mention, the bonuses you suggest are pretty overpowered. There should be a sacrifice for the convenience of having to wear only one set of gear, not a bonus...
    I disagree. If the bonuses are not meaningful and strong, then swapping trumps it and you're back at square one.

I will admit that it may create problems for jobs that need to stack a stat, specially things like RDM with having to have 500 enhancing skill from gear to get the most out of stuff like Temper and Enspells. Nothing that can't be fixed with a bonus, I guess, but it should be kept in mind.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    I'd rather see SE do something about the limited space of macros and players losing target when another player swaps gear.
    Yes the space an Issue .... really. But loseing targets ?

<stpc> Target a Player Character
    <stpt> Targets a Party Member
    <stal> Targets a Member for your Alliance.

It dont lose any Target even if they swap Gear.....
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Doesn't help if they're blinking so much that you can't target them in the first place.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Doesn't help if they're blinking so much that you can't target them in the first place.

This again, really? Look at the following quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Yes the space an Issue .... really. But loseing targets ?

<stpc> Target a Player Character
    <stpt> Targets a Party Member
    <stal> Targets a Member for your Alliance.

It dont lose any Target even if they swap Gear.....
    <stpt> and <stal> doesn't even target a character, it targets members in your party/alliance list. You know the list of names at the bottom right corner of your screen. They can all blink like a Christmas tree if they want, doesn't make you lose target.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    This again, really? Look at the following quote:

<stpt> and <stal> doesn't even target a character, it targets members in your party/alliance list. You know the list of names at the bottom right corner of your screen. They can all blink like a Christmas tree if they want, doesn't make you lose target.

This is wrong in some cases.

I've used stal and stpt. etc and would see the message that the player didn't exist. This would include <lastst> or cases with high congestion like an exp alliance. The only solution that really exist is a limitation on the clients that doesn't allow gear updates or limits them in some way.

Stop making excuses for something that's obviously broken to non-3rd party tool players. Okay,simply put the solution that was made for players is like a rug being placed over a pot hole. The hole is still there it's just harder to see. On a farther note it's still very bad for you when you hit it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-13-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    This is wrong in some cases.

I've used stal and stpt. etc and would see the message that the player didn't exist. This would include <lastst> or cases with high congestion like an exp alliance. The only solution that really exist is a limitation on the clients that doesn't allow gear updates or limits them in some way.

Stop making excuses for something that's obviously broken to non-3rd party tool players. Okay,simply put the solution that was made for players is like a rug being placed over a pot hole. The hole is still there it's just harder to see. On a farther note it's still very bad for you when you hit it.
    And your full of it. Even on the ps2 I never had problems with <stal> in old shcool dyna running with 36+ in the zone. I willing to bet that you had a messed up macro and that was the cause. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has ever done this < stal> or this <stal. .

Now for all the slow folks that call for the end of the evil gear swaps fail to see removing them would remove half the content in the game. How long do people grind out gear that is only useful for WSes. Adding in so much niche gear was by design from the start in let them doble the content with out really adding more. Making that one set that is ok but not great is pretty easy since you only have to collect gear for that one set and with how simple this game is would had been math out in a few days if that.
    (2)