Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

CHARGE ME MORE $$$

I'd like to propose an increase in service fees.

The proposal is based on the lack of support FFXI has seen over the past couple of years. Responses on this site are few and far between. The amount of issues with multiple events, jobs, etc. needing fixed/adjusted are happening way too slow. The lack of developer/customer communication is killing the whole experience for a lot of people.

Simply put, raise the price, raise the quality. Everyone wins.
    (5)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Best troll attempt i've seen in awhile.
    (7)

Character
    Bled
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 60
    1/10 troll attempt.
    (3)

In the end all I can think of was:

Snake.
    (3)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    because raising the price would totally raise the amount of devs working on the game and not in any way decrease the number of people willing to pay the price.

FFXIV got more done when it was free and still gets more done with a lower sub price.
    (7)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yes let's pay 100 dollars. That way we can give them 250 million dollars a year and still get the same amount of support because they rather slide down a steep slope created with razor blades than put serious focus on FFXI again. As much as it boils my blood I truly cannot blame them. That's what you get for putting it on a console. Good thing they learned from this critical mistake and kept FFXIV on the PC.

.... ooooooh. Nevermind.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    FFXIV got more done when it was free and still gets more done with a lower sub price.
    Yep, and I wonder where all of our FFXI cash went during that period...
    (2)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    When people say this, I wonder if they stop to think that XI was funded off of IX and X sales...
    (5)

Character
    Dagorgul
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    When people say this, I wonder if they stop to think that XI was funded off of IX and X sales...
    This is only partially right. XI was developed using seed money created from the previous games, certainly. However, those games pay for themselves through sales only (and DLC, more and more, these days). An MMO pays for itself only partially through sales, partially through subscription fees, and then continuing support is paid for solely through subscription fees.

We repaid the investment on the game long ago, we continue to pay every month because we expect to pay for the support that we want. When our *support* money goes into developing another game, instead of using the original seed money from the sales of XI, we are justifiably annoyed.

What makes this such a great crime against us as consumers is that Square made truckloads of gold from the sales of each expansion, followed by an annual "collector's edition", at full-game price. The subsequent releases of $10 mini-expansions with minimal content that people were buying almost strictly for the equipment reward that was unique to each expansion was pretty ugly too.

Argue that we didn't have to buy the stuff; you're right, but that shouldn't devalue the loyalty of those many consumers who chose to be early adopters and have since received a string of new content that was substantially more disappointing than many of the previous patches.
    (24)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    You gamers continue to buy DLC, you can't realistically state this is a problem in any way shape or form.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast