Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While it might be possible to create actual weapons to go along with the high level Divine Might, if we only have this as a reward for an 18 person battle, mages and support jobs might not be as inclined to participate
    The beauty of FFXI is that the majority of players don't just play 1 type of job. I'll happily help out in a lvl 99 DM fight as a mage to get a weapon for one of my melee jobs, and I'm certain I'm not the only one! (but you could always add Meteor and Arise to the drops^^)
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Divine Might was the reason I started playing the game more than eight years ago as a friend of mine showed me it. I think it took me like 18 months to get there and it was such epic fight that has special meaning for me, so I welcome a chance to repeat it, awesome cutscenes and music to go along with it.
    The cutscenes are awesome and all, but I've yet to see what is so epic about:

1) AoE damage spam fest
    2) AoE status effects
    3) Mijin Gakure wiping you
    4) LOLSpirits Within one-shotting you
    5) A geared PLD running around like a pansy with an earth staff on his back while kiting the non-kill targets

That's what Divine Might was at 75. Why do we want to go through that, again?

PS: On Camate's post, I shouldn't be surprised that the devs want to make more inventory -1 gear. Oh well. I guess I'll go back to asking for costume slots via another method.
    (3)
    Last edited by Duelle; 04-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    The cutscenes are awesome and all, but I've yet to see what is so epic about:

1) AoE damage spam fest
    2) AoE status effects
    3) Mijin Gakure wiping you
    4) LOLSpirits Within one-shotting you
    5) A geared PLD running around like a pansy with an earth staff on his back while kiting the non-kill targets

That's what Divine Might was at 75. Why do we want to go through that, again?

PS: On Camate's post, I shouldn't be surprised that the devs want to make more inventory -1 gear. Oh well. I guess I'll go back to asking for costume slots via another method.
    because people are bored of

-use temp
    -proc
    -zerg
    -rinse&repeat
    grats you win!
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    because people are bored of

-use temp
    -proc
    -zerg
    -rinse&repeat
    grats you win!
    Because a super tank running in circles or 18 BLMs was so much more engaging and complex--oh wait, they weren't.

If the devs redesigned divine might as a real encounter that didn't involve circumventing the fight's design, then I could get behind that. AoE status effects screw over melee, so yes, those have to go, as that was a contributing factor to people using 18 BLMs. Damage needs to be toned down so you can afford to have more than one tank in the group without also requiring an overwhelming number of healers. Each AA should gain a buff if they're in proximity to one another to encourage the group to separate them, have one require a sword&board tank, one require a Two-hander job to tank it and one require a ranged tank. That's just for starters, mind you.
    (3)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Player
    not sure if it's been suggested before, but what about the AA "intro emotes" instead of costume enchantment ?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to the armor, there are two reasons why we decided not to do it currently.

The first being that we would need to retexture them the same as we had to do for the weapons, which take quite a bit of time and it would be race specific.
    The next reason being that the armor was created to match the Archangel’s white skin and if a player were to equip it there would be quite a lot of strangeness.
    Dearest Camate,

Retexturing the armor isn't as tough as it seems. For example:

That took about 20 minutes, and part of that time was redoing the pants so that they showed a little skin like Warrior's/Fighter's Cuisses. (For those who don't know, AA-Hume's armor is reskinned Warrior Artifact/Relic Armor.) I may go back and work on the pants a little more, the edge is a little rougher than it could be. But honestly though, it would probably take less than a day of work for a real graphic artist to port all except AA-Tarutaru's armor to all races. (Ports from Taru versions are generally tougher to do since Taru armor textures are shrunk compared to other races.

With that said, however, when I saw that picture I thought, "I don't want to see that diluted by seeing everyone and their grandma wearing it." The best argument against making AA Gear available is that it would take away the specialness of the gear itself.
    (3)

Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Cool Idea, but sad that AA EV Shield is getting scrapped, being it is one of the most iconic weapons from that fight. (also partial to it because I've made one and would like to have one in game) Maybe later down the line it can be re-worked into a augmentable / magian armor. fingers crossed!
    (0)
    Last edited by Misi; 04-09-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: wordz spelled gewd

Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Since to me then after 10 years of subscription and fee , SE is not welling to put more effort for an awesome reward for Veteran player.

Here an suggestion what about no item , no random luck for some but something for all:

1 month free of FF11 , that i am sure will please many more people then 1% happy and 99% upset.

What do you think about that ?
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So with the permanent ending of Mog Bonanza how will these items be distributed?
    (5)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    So with the permanent ending of Mog Bonanza how will these items be distributed?
    I'm curious about this also.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5