Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

breaking synths that one should not be breaking

I'm over 70 levels above cap on a synth. It's earthsday, 79% moon, and I'm using earth crystal, and facing south. I just got 3 breaks in a row, two of which were critical loss of materials. WTF SE, W - T - F. Fix your crafting programming already. If I am so skilled in a craft, why am I breaking so much on making the lowest level (cotton cape in this case) of synths?
    (8)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    They already said they'd not be removing the breaking.

Personally I wouldn't mind, but it's an insult Synergy doesn't break, and when you do craft things that can be crafted with a normal craft you get a guaranteed HQ Craft.

The point being, even skilled people in real life can fail and destroy a part. (it just should only be ~5% chance to do so)
    (1)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    but skilled people in real life can't levitate a magic crystal above their heads that mystically turns into a thing
    (9)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Player
    If you think the direction you face during crafting is important, you're not skilled at your craft.
    (8)

Character
    Arukia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    If you think the direction you face during crafting is important, you're not skilled at your craft.
    troll detection!

Anyways it's unfortunate that it happens, but not much can be done, they're not changing it :/ And I agree with the synergy comment pretty lame they can't do something simliar with regular crafting.
    (4)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Facing a certain direction or not has no effect, some people do it simply because it "possibly" has an effect. Until SE comes out and says, nope it has no effect then people will still face it because, why not?
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    (it just should only be ~5% chance to do so)
    so 5% chance to break. I broke 3 times in a row 5% * 5% * 5% = 1 in 8000 chance of happening. I should go play the lotto.
    (6)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Facing a certain direction or not has no effect, some people do it simply because it "possibly" has an effect. Until SE comes out and says, nope it has no effect then people will still face it because, why not?
    It's funny because even if directional crafting exists, it's entirely possible that people are actually facing the direction that negatively impacts their synth.
    (5)

Player
    Ive always faced southeast when crafting with earth as its the way you face for better chance for HQs which I HQ alot on all my mules!

Trust the veteran! =)
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It's funny because even if directional crafting exists, it's entirely possible that people are actually facing the direction that negatively impacts their synth.
    Isn't the logic based on the alignment of the elements or something like that?
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast