Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

These weapons are being prepared specially as cosmetic items. The one-hand sword is not a set, but there will be no “Rare” tag so it will be possible to get two and dual wield
    How come you just don't make them comparable to level 99 ah weapons. So people could you know actually use them. They shouldn't be as strong as a relic or empyrean obviously but why not just give them stats similar to something you can buy from the AH? That way people who don't want to do a relic/empy can make some use out of them.

There is already too many event items which have no use.

A lot of MMOs already do this if they have special event items they make them usesable but they are pretty average and not even close to the best weapons in the game. So I can't see why FFXI can't do the same after all these years.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zumi; 04-03-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathiel View Post
    I noticed the "specifically cosmetic" so...why mog bon? make it a quest item :P
    I wonder whether they mean "cosmetic as in having no stats and being pretty much wastes of space outside of wearing them in Jeuno" or cosmetic as in "we'll implement these along with a system to change the appearance of in-game weapons and armor, and these will be special 'skins' for your weapon of choice".
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

yay! more inv -1!
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ad more attempted stupidity like 500k statues.
    (1)

Player
    Mocchi has a red name. Does this finally mean we can beat the crap out of our favourite player who keeps teasing us with these pre-release snapshots?
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Why not add latent effects onto them such as refresh, regen, or regain?

Or maybe rechargeable uses every set amount of time such as flee, escape, or restore hp/mp like an elixir.

My last idea would be some sort of small immunity to all status ailments.

This way people could still idle in them for something other than just looks.
    (0)

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75
    I keep thinking this is an April Fool's Joke. I have nothing productive to say about this. Would look nice on a mannequin at least.
    (0)
    Just a level 75 COR still trying to cap his skills before venturing into level 76. All that's left is parrying.
    SE please give me a Parry Roll or Parry Bonus Job Trait.
    SE Thank you for the COR update that changes Gallant's Roll. You have indirectly answered my prayers for assistance in Parrying Skillups!! THANK YOU SE. -_-

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Cool.

Would be even more cool, if the inventory system was not just one big of an issue in this game. ^^;
    Oh well, time to drop something useful again ! !! !

P.S.: I prefer (still) Ark Angels over Divine Might as favourite battles (music-wise too). Did it them with few years back and they're some fond memories... Will likely do Divine Might sometime soon, too, as it has become possible for a small group now but it will never be the same... sigh.

The memory remains.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    WIll probably have a costume effect enhancement or something. They're neat but kind of wish they at least were somwhat more useful given their origin. But I suppose it would be unfair seeing as there are only 5 weapons corresponding to the 5 AAs and there's many weapon categories so jobs that use katanas/daggers/polearms/great swords/staff/club etc would be left out(just as many jobs were left out of useful stats on those DM earrings)
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ð

Oh and it's cool as in they're implemented, but Lottery I dislike, be it spawns or balls.

If it's Rank 5, which can be obtained with basically 100% certainty, then it'll pass I guess...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast