Character
    Cleavenseagal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 21

Am I doing this right?

At 55 here is how a fight goes for me. I debuff/buff as needed, headbutt anything nasty or to help with shadows, maybe cast an efficient spell like bludgeon, at 100tp SC and burst if its helpful(MP drainkiss).

That would be each fight for me. I spend most of my time just doing melee damage.

I can kill faster by blowing through MP on big but not very efficient spells or casting things like bludgeon which are a bit more MP friendly. That also means resting every fight or two.

EDIT: This is vs EP-DC. It seems to me that I can actually get exp faster by doing fov/gov on EM-T and resting between each fight.... sort of like how a blm solos.
    (0)

Character
    Strudl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Back before the 75 cap got changed I used the BLM solo guide and killed BST pets (Not sure if this is what you were referring to), I'm not sure if it is any better than FoV/GoV. It was pretty much spam MP til it dies > rest til the BST would repop > repeat until chain 5, normally you would kill the pet before all shadows are down. Under the old exp you would get 200-400 a mob and they would generally die in a few spells. It is a really boring process though and you will most probably die if you link the BST.

What your putting sounds about right though for the level.
    (0)

tough call... at lvl 55 you're WAY over the cap on bludgeon (assuming you're skilled up) but i don't see anything significantly better till... and i hope i'm wrong here but.. frenetic rip?

i'm not a pro blu by any stretch, and it certainly SEEMS like there must be a better nuke by 55...but i'm not seeing it.. you may wanna experiment.
    (0)

Character
    Strudl
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Mandibular bite and Sickle slash maybe, I remember those were pretty good at that level; MP cost might be a bit high though.
    (0)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    you can /thf and sleep>>sneak attack>> sickle slash or mandibular bite. That way you do more dmg for the extra mp cost. also, i think you can make a clear mind trait by 55 which can be very helpful on some of those costly mp moves. if you cook, you can use yag drinks or melon drinks (i prefer melon drinks just because ingredients takes up less space). Hope this helps
    (0)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Nevermind. its not clear mind i am thinking of. I am thinking of conserve mp which you cannot get until a higher level. I'm sorry for the mistake. idk why i was thinking clear mind lol
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In all honesty, you're pretty much doing it "right" as far as your damage goes. Most of the other spells are better for damage, yes, but as said they have a significant MP cost. Being you are doing FoV I'm sure you have refresh buff at least to help a little bit. It was always a bit rough on blu in the mp department without refresher to where relying on your melee damage and using SC when able was your best option. If you had a refresher then you could cast a little more frequently, but a vast majority of your damage still comes from melee. The primary DD spells for that range are pretty much limited to Sickle Slash, Mandibular bite, and Jet stream if I recall correctly (been about 4 or 5 years now) Bludgeon helps with damage and remains useful for skilling up without straining MP too much. You may want to sacrifice some spells for clear mind trait since you are soloing, and remember to utilize Head butt.

Being that you are killing EP-DC you should be able to get away with using attack food, if able try to get some HMP gear for your down time (I can recall there being a least +6~20HMP at 50+ depending on if you use dark staff or not). The only other option is to look into the old pet camps. I would think these are relatively open now seeing as most just burn jobs up in abyssea anymore. With xp ring you'll see very good xp, but you'll burn the ring out in a chain or two depending on which ring it is. After ring is gone you'll start off at capped XP limit per kill, but these had a downside to being that A.) you had to make sure the bst doesn't see you pull the pet B.) End up staying there until pets con EM just to make it to the next camp and C.) will be using some of your bigger damage spells to kill fast, but this comes at the cost of accuracy (highly suggest using acc food) meaning you will see more "spell has no effect" the equal to "miss" for physical spells.

I'd weigh your gains:loss, Pro:con before deciding however. Currently with FoV you may kill slow-ish, have some MP issues (granted being galka doesn't help much), but you get tabs/gil/bonus exp and I believe random bonus to various aspects as you complete pages. Old pet camps, you'll put out gil for RR item (or tabs for RR effect), food, but gain a good deal of exp. Other things to consider is: If this is your first job up and your sword skill isn't already capped on another job, you'll possibly fall a bit behind skill wise fighting ep~dc, but bat camp can be similar since you are buring mp to kill it asap in some cases (when they are VT~IT) so your blu skill will typically be capped..but if your sword lags behind this can effect your physical accuracy on higher lvl pet camps. Seriously consider your choices before you choose a path cause each has pros and cons to them.
    (0)