Player

is it just me...............?

Am i the only one that threatens to murder that dam puppet when you overload trying to do just one maneuver
    (0)

What gear are you wearing, and how long are you waiting after activate to use a maneuver? Also, how long are you waiting between maneuvers of the same element?

Reason I'm asking is because:
    1. Freshly activated automatons have a high threshold of overload.
    2. Using maneuvers raises the threshold of overload for the same maneuver element.
    3. Waiting inbetween maneuvers of the same element slowly reduces threshold of overload.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Macro in Puppetry Dastanas , Cirque Farsetto +1/+2 and Buffoon's Collar /+1 for each maneuver and ouyll see much less overloads, even directly after activate. Additional you can macro in gear to raise attributes over that off your automaton, like if you spam ice maneuvers make sure you raise your INT over that of your Automatons. if you spam wind make sure your AGI is above your automatons but that is not really neaded since we have 3 pieces that reduce overlaod.
    Also some more on Overload for you to read up here http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Overload
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    With int above your automaton and Puppetry Dastanas , Cirque Farsetto +1/+2 and Buffoon's Collar macroed in, you won't overload on a 3x Ice maneuver (one straight after another) as long as you wait JUST 10 seconds after activate. Cirque Farsetto +1 just made overload a thing of the past, rendering the Condenser pretty much useless in the process.

<3 Cirque Farsetto.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    depends. if you're trying to spam one off NO SOONER IT ACTIVATED...ya..it's gonna overload....AF helps alleviate this problem somewhat if you need to get a maneuver off like NOW..it at least lets you use one no sooner activated i believe..haven't really tested this so don't quote me but when my automation died mid-battle i reactived it and spammed a maneuver off with AF gear and mentally slapped myself expecting an overload which never came much to my shock.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Timemage: It actually takes close to 2 minutes to full remove activation burden, and roughly 60 seconds before it starts decreasing. So waiting 10 wont do anything, waiting 60+ will though.

Krystal: What? I am sorry but that made so little sense.

For those that dont know:
    af gloves and buffon collar (+1 or +2) add roughly the same ammount to burden threshold and stack
    farseto +1 is identical to af gloves and buffon collar
    farseto +2 is 2x the +1/af gloves/buff

Ideally for any maneuver you want to macro in af gloves and buffon collar, since you should be full timing the farseto +1 or +2 anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Dfoley, I'm aware of Jinte's tests regarding burden, overload etc (TaimMeich on alla here, hi). However, when I got my Farsetto+1 I spent an afternoon testing how early I could start doing Ice*3, under what conditions, etc. I came to the conclusion I've shown in my earlier post. When I tried to ice maneuver just after activation, most of the time I would overload on the third maneuver, some times in the second, and a reasonably high amount on the first. However, waiting, as I said, just 10 seconds, and then spamming ice as soon as I could, I could get ice*3 always. Maybe there's a small chance of overload, since as you say burden has but started to decay after just 10s, but apparently 10s is long enough to prevent overload either always or nearly always.

BTW my tests were done outside of abyss, to negate the stat advantage we get over our automatons because of cruor buffs. It forced me to use proper +int equipment to be able to surpass a +2 ice maneuver BLM automaton in int, but as I said, I managed to not overload with that setup.

This is, in fact, what I equip when I do an ice maneuver:

/equip neck "Buffoon's Collar"
    /equip ear1 "Abyssal Earring"
    /equip body "Cirque Farsetto +1"
    /equip hands "Puppetry Dastanas"
    /equip ring1 "Spiral Ring"
    /equip back "Potentia Cape"
    /equip legs "Errant Slops"
    /equip feet "Custom M Boots"
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I believe there are two attachments you can equip to insure less overloads too but You have to put up a Maneuver so I'd get eaten if you are spamming them like a mad man Condenser and I forgot the fire one.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!