Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fix NM hate

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    umm /blockaid and if your group can't kill it, no reason for the mob to go to waste.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezikiel View Post
    I solo most of the time but i don't get why people can't just work together. If you are doing seals and waiting for one group to wipe then try to snatch it you morons. Help them or ask do they need help then pop your NM and they can help you you prolly have all you need for proc. Dam just help each other don't be a lingering leech. I had party stand there and watch me solo Tablilla hoping i die
    I did not say whipe i said one person "i/e the tank".

killing 1 or 2 people out of 12 should not make a mob go yellow
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I don't see any reason that if a full wipe happens you shouldn't be able to grab a monster. If the person really wants to be nice they can always give you the drops but if you wiped to the mob then they aren't stealing it. If you can't kill the monster or even are just unlucky fully wiping you shouldn't have sour grapes about some one killing the NM. Also they do some what have this with rage. Instead asking for this you should be asking for instanced content.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    My issue is that of NMs that use charm on the tanks and then goes white even though other members of the alliance still have hate and are still killing the NM. For instance we were killing cirien-croin for lanterns and a not so nice group was also in the zone doing the same thing. They literally stood on top of us while we killed it and tried hard to spam claim when it used charm because it would go momentarily white. We eventually had one of our tanks stand out of range for the lower 50% of it's hp to avoid this problem. It sucked for everyone b/c we slowed our killspeed immensely to avoid having this other group steal our NM. Yes white is fair game but a mob shouldn't go white until everyone on its hatelist is dead or out of range.
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yah but hosh you forgot we got to kill their LS leader when they popped their next CC, least a little joy out of that.
    (0)

Character
    Rienea
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    This does need some fixing, i seen mobs go yellow after one person dies and people try to steal it
    The mob goes yellow if the person to last take an action on it is killed, warped out of the zone, or disengages.

As for wanting nobody outside of your own alliance to be able to get hate on the mob, this is what /blockaid on is for, although this has already been pointed out.

If you can't keep a mob claimed and it is an ongoing issue for you, maybe you should revise your strategy for the fight.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rie View Post
    The mob goes yellow if the person to last take an action on it is killed, warped out of the zone, or disengages.

As for wanting nobody outside of your own alliance to be able to get hate on the mob, this is what /blockaid on is for, although this has already been pointed out.

If you can't keep a mob claimed and it is an ongoing issue for you, maybe you should revise your strategy for the fight.
    I disagree I blame programing. like :

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    My issue is that of NMs that use charm on the tanks and then goes white even though other members of the alliance still have hate and are still killing the NM. For instance we were killing cirien-croin for lanterns and a not so nice group was also in the zone doing the same thing. They literally stood on top of us while we killed it and tried hard to spam claim when it used charm because it would go momentarily white. We eventually had one of our tanks stand out of range for the lower 50% of it's hp to avoid this problem. It sucked for everyone b/c we slowed our killspeed immensely to avoid having this other group steal our NM. Yes white is fair game but a mob shouldn't go white until everyone on its hatelist is dead or out of range.
    There is NO REASON people should be allowed to take mobs if it is not a full whipe.

If one person dies, and it goes yellow and a different group takes it, or people take mobs because of charm, that is mob stealing. SE should program better to prevent that, since people can't handle it on their own. That or let GMs take action on it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-17-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

The point I'm trying to make is you should not benefit from my work, and vice-versa. And it is possible that we ARE still fighting the mob, just waiting for it to move far enough to prevent a mass 1-shot on the reraise. I've been with a group that wiped at 18% to Yaanei. We were pet burning it and only needed it to move out of aggro range of the summoners and my beast; even with us weak they could have finished the job. But no, the asshats that stood by to watch the wipe just claimed it and killed while we were reraising, this takes my beast about 8 seconds, the summoners need a bit more time to cast-maybe 15 seconds all told.

Had Yaanei returned to his original haunts at 100% and they claimed because we failed to reengage I would have no problem. Instead, I've burned 2 stones, 5 jugs and time I could have been doing something else. Actually, I burned 3 stones, NM wasn't up when we enterred and we had a nice long wait. The only consolation was that the group that claimed was unable to proc !!, and 7 of them died in the process; lord knows we weren't going to make any effort to heal/raise them!
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Loir View Post
    Or just don't fight anything you cannot kill.
    The thread should have ended w/ this post.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    There is NO REASON people should be allowed to take mobs if it is not a full whipe.
    Sure there is. If we're in Abyssea and you're taking 45 minutes while wiping to Itzpapalotl or the like, if it gets to the point where the monster is idle/has a one or two people kiting it with 10 dead on the floor, I'm going to finish it off so my group can get done and not waste time.

As others have rightly pointed out - don't engage what you cannot kill. If this is a recurring problem enough for you to post it here - you should revise your strategies.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast