Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90

"My style of play"

I often see this as an excuse for players not to live up to the true potential. Do you honestly think by not gear swapping for situations,tp,ws, you are helping anyone? You are only slowing down the kill process, thus making everyone else's night longer in that zone. Please quit using this as an excuse. It does noone a favor but to prove your are too lazy to make macros and have no basic understanding of the game.
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Player
    im very guilty of this i love the game but am not a die hard player like the rest of i just want to get on aand play i respect all others opinion in the matter though but i dont dedicate myself to game. i have my fun then im done i sometimes get bored with the game and will not log on for weeks. i'm never looking for bragging rights of oh i did this much dmg or i killed it in x amount of time i just like the fact it was killed

"it doesn't matter whether its an inch or a mile a win is a win" Vin Diesel the Fast and the Furious
    (0)
    Last edited by Ezikiel; 03-16-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Character
    Joeywheeler
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I think it comes down to perfectionists( those who study their jobs and game mechanics to perform as best they can) and the casuals(for lack of a better term who just get on for the fun and their performance isn't their top priority) The two will never get along similar to religious people and non-religious people.
    (0)

That's an incredibly polarizing way to look at it, Novax. You can be casual and still swap gear. That sort of thing is basic. Being a perfectionist is an entirely different league.
    (0)

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Oh by no means am i trying to broadcast my self as the leet or super game in the know person. But i am just seeing thread upon thread where people dont even know basics.......i.e gear swaps, haste etc. My character is far from perfect, but i am so tired of reading on official forums how we should accept sub par players- even a casual player these days can get skills and gear up to par no sweat- this isnt 2005 when you had to work for it-so honeslty i see no excuse for it..
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Quote Originally Posted by Novax View Post
    I think it comes down to perfectionists( those who study their jobs and game mechanics to perform as best they can) and the casuals(for lack of a better term who just get on for the fun and their performance isn't their top priority) The two will never get along similar to religious people and non-religious people.
    Sure they can,There will always be a casual player mixed in with perfectionists simply because their personality is so great that you can overlook their imperfections, these rare players mix since are a joy to have around.
    (0)

Character
    Joeywheeler
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I said lack of a better term!

And yeah they can mix, because they're willing to learn and take advice.
    (0)

Yeah, but now people are going to jump on it and make the arbitrary connection that swapping gear = being a perfectionist . They're very different things. Swapping gear and using Haste just shows you know the very basics of FFXI.
    (0)