Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Greetings everyone!

Sorry to necrobump this thread (as I am often wont to do…), but I have some information to pass on regarding Crystal Petrifacts.

We are currently making preparations for the implementation of a system that will allow Crystal Petrifacts to be exchanged for cruor.

While Crystal Petrifact is an item that was meant to help players when their stock of Kupofried’s corundum was in short supply, in the event that you do not need this, we felt it would be beneficial to exchange Crystal Petrifacts for cruor, which in turn could be used for Atmacites, Periapts, or other applications. However, since the original purpose of Crystal Petrifacts was not to generate cruor, the exchange rate will not be very high.

Also, there were a lot of requests to make it possible to exchange these items for Voidstones, but doing this would create the cycle of doing Voidwatch in order to save up points to do Voidwatch, so we would like to hold off on this type of exchange.
    (17)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

Sorry to necrobump this thread (as I am often wont to do…), but I have some information to pass on regarding Crystal Petrifacts.

We are currently making preparations for the implementation of a system that will allow Crystal Petrifacts to be exchanged for cruor.

While Crystal Petrifact is an item that was meant to help players when their stock of Kupofried’s corundum was in short supply, in the event that you do not need this, we felt it would be beneficial to exchange Crystal Petrifacts for cruor, which in turn could be used for Atmacites, Periapts, or other applications. However, since the original purpose of Crystal Petrifacts was not to generate cruor, the exchange rate will not be very high.

Also, there were a lot of requests to make it possible to exchange these items for Voidstones, but doing this would create the cycle of doing Voidwatch in order to save up points to do Voidwatch, so we would like to hold off on this type of exchange.
    storing em with shami and making them exchangeable isn't an option?
    (5)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Petrifact -> Voidstone is just a more direct path between the two points than what you're proposing:

Petrifact -> Cruor -> Gil -> Voiddust -> Voidstone
    (13)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Petrifact -> Voidstone is just a more direct path between the two points than what you're proposing:

Petrifact -> Cruor -> Gil -> Voiddust -> Voidstone
    Their ignoring the fact people sell their stones.

Their real intent is to limit the void stone supply by as much as they can without being too blatant about it. As it stands people gotta spend AN / ISP / CP to get the stones they sell. AN / CP (book burn) seem to be the easiest to make now.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'll take it.
    (0)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well now I feel a bit silly for throwing 200 of them at Kupofried last week.
    (2)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Devs, you got it all wrong. Stop saying "we". This is not about how you want the game to be run, this is about how the player base wants the game to be run.
    (0)

Character
    Sharmarali
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I support the idea of making it possible to use Crystal Petrifacts for a secondary purpose, for those players who are unable to access Provenance or choose not to do so. However, given the various purposes cruor serves other than simply for upgrading atmacites, I'm not sure that I agree with this solution. I would humbly suggest allowing a certain number of petrifacts to be exchanged for phase displacers instead of cruor.
    (4)
    Last edited by SharMarali; 10-16-2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: mixed up my terminology

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm gonna throw a wild guess out and say it'll be 1k cour per petrifact. Probably be more like 500 though lol.
    (0)

Player
    It'll probably be 10-50 cruor to be honest, like destroying chests in abyssea.
    (3)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast