Character
    Jeryhn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Updating Old Events: Bahamut?

So since the Devs have been on this trend of taking the old endgame events and updating them for our increased level cap and new rewards, I was just wondering if there were any plans for a high-level version of The Wyrmking Descends with appropriately increased rewards? I always thought this event was fun and of a decent time investment that required a good degree of strategy (at least until Kraken Souleater became a thing), and would definitely love to see it come back into the standard rotation of things high-level players can do, at least until Adoulin comes around.

What say you?
    (0)
    Jeryhn • Medjai
    JOBS 99: MNK • WHM • BLM • RDM • PLD • DRK • BRD • SMN • BLU • SCH • GEO • RUN
    Missions Complete: San d'Oria 10, Bastok 10, Windurst 10, RoZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG, ACP, AMK, ASA
    Captain • Runic Key • Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮ • Abyssite of the Cosmos

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    So since the Devs have been on this trend of taking the old endgame events and updating them for our increased level cap and new rewards, I was just wondering if there were any plans for a high-level version of The Wyrmking Descends with appropriately increased rewards? I always thought this event was fun and of a decent time investment that required a good degree of strategy (at least until Kraken Souleater became a thing), and would definitely love to see it come back into the standard rotation of things high-level players can do, at least until Adoulin comes around.

What say you?
    Well there is the off chance that with the new director, and the looking into of Bahamut as a summonable avatar (Even if he's a 2hr only) that they might be saving the revamp for that.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Well there is the off chance that with the new director, and the looking into of Bahamut as a summonable avatar (Even if he's a 2hr only) that they might be saving the revamp for that.
    I have a hard time seeing Bahamut as a summonable avatar in FFXI. He's powerfull, but not exactly zipping around astral planes. And he really doesn't like mortals at all.
    Shinryu might be possible though, and it would be less retconning to write lore around it. (A part of Shinryu was etched into your spirit when you defeated it, and unless it's power is bled off from time to time, it will overtake you and initiate the destruction of Vana'diel. Bahamut might be instrumental in this, by letting you use MegaFlare for this purpose.)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    ...Bahamut is not something I would count on. Look at Cait Sith & Atomos, we just finally got a video of Cait standing next to a SMN, attacking something, thats all after how long? Atomos has no info at all, Cait has very little, and its been a while. I wouldn't hold my breath for another Avatar after them.
    (1)

Character
    Thore
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    ...Bahamut is not something I would count on. Look at Cait Sith & Atomos, we just finally got a video of Cait standing next to a SMN, attacking something, thats all after how long? Atomos has no info at all, Cait has very little, and its been a while. I wouldn't hold my breath for another Avatar after them.
    No lie, 2 years or w/e just for a 30 second video of auto-attack... can't even imagine how long it'd take it they did decide to make Bahamut summonable...
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah they can't even adjust the current avatars we have, wishing for a new one is like praying for a miracle that will never happens. Don't get your hopes up, this new team is not exactly doing much to adjust or revive existing contents, not when there is only 4 people in team to do everything lol.
    (0)