Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Voidwatch: Crystal Petrifact

Some of you might be finding Crystal Petrifacts on your adventures. As stated in the version update notes, this item will be required for the final chapter of Voidwatch, but currently cannot be used.

This item will be the equivalent of Voiddust once the final chapter is implemented. By exchanging a certain amount of Cystal Petrifact, you will be able to obtain trigger items to challenge the monsters of the final chapter.

That said, while it may just be taking up space in your inventory right now, you might want to hold on to them for future use. Unlike Voiddust, Crystal Petrifact can only be obtained under certain circumstances and is not designed to be sellable.

Hope you are all looking forward to the final chapter of Voidwatch!
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    This item will be the equivalent of Voiddust once the final chapter is implemented. By exchanging a certain amount of Cystal Petrifact, you will be able to obtain trigger items to challenge the monsters of the final chapter.
    First off, typo: "Cystal Petrifact"

Second, I hope that this means that drop rates will be more favorable for the last chapter Voidwatch mobs so that the number needed is not excessive, or that crystal petrifacts drop more from lower tier voidwatch runs so that groups will be encouraged to do lower tier runs more (currently finding a group to do the three city tiers is incredibly hard, and the lowest two tiers of Jeuno are rarely done as well).
    (6)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    First off, typo: "Cystal Petrifact"

Second, I hope that this means that drop rates will be more favorable for the last chapter Voidwatch mobs so that the number needed is not excessive, or that crystal petrifacts drop more from lower tier voidwatch runs so that groups will be encouraged to do lower tier runs more (currently finding a group to do the three city tiers is incredibly hard, and the lowest two tiers of Jeuno are rarely done as well).
    what he said ^^
    (2)

Player
    Chances are you'll need those 3 KI petrifacts to gain initial entrance into Provenance. They've made them droppable from VW but also purchasable if your luck is bad as well.
    (0)

But what will all the RMT do if they cant sell Crystal Petrifact from trading in Cruor from all those "Crurors FC Party All light cap 700k / 10 hr." parties they sell spots in?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Monsters don't wear gear, eat food and rarely have buffs on them (PLD / WHM / RDM notwithstanding). Just like they don't have ridiculous attack, neither do they have ridiculous defense nor evasion.
    And Kirin is not a SMN, he's a "monster", special stats and all. Player community has defined him as a SMN because he astral flows, otherwise we could just as easily of called him a BLM because he use's Stone V / Stonega IV / Quake. Or a MNK because he attacks with two hands. And so forth.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashhell View Post
    But what will all the RMT do if they cant sell Crystal Petrifact from trading in Cruor from all those "Crurors FC Party All light cap 700k / 10 hr." parties they sell spots in?
    We're here again?
    RMTs aren't the main source of FC-ers.
    On leviathan, I know each of the leaders. None are RMT. However, one of them is a griever...one that SE won't do anything about.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    We're here again?
    On leviathan, I know each of the leaders. None are RMT. However, one of them is a griever...one that SE won't do anything about.
    How you think all those Voiddust get on the AH? Ever notice how the same name appears on all servers shouting for FC? Tons of RMT activity and if you study the AH you will see it also.
    (0)
    Monsters don't wear gear, eat food and rarely have buffs on them (PLD / WHM / RDM notwithstanding). Just like they don't have ridiculous attack, neither do they have ridiculous defense nor evasion.
    And Kirin is not a SMN, he's a "monster", special stats and all. Player community has defined him as a SMN because he astral flows, otherwise we could just as easily of called him a BLM because he use's Stone V / Stonega IV / Quake. Or a MNK because he attacks with two hands. And so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashhell View Post
    How you think all those Voiddust get on the AH? Ever notice how the same name appears on all servers shouting for FC? Tons of RMT activity and if you study the AH you will see it also.
    Selling items doesn't make you an RMT... I sell a shitload of Voiddust, Because i do Campaign for it and its worth a lot of gil, and its easy to farm.

Fellcleave shouting doesn't make you an RMT Either, Most people you see selling Voiddust, Or Shouting for Fell Cleave spots are probably just saving up gil to get a Relic, or Buy any of that new armor. I won't be as naive to think none of them may be RMT'ing, But probably not that many.

Fellcleave and Voiddust are just two really popular ways to make Gil. :X
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Selling items doesn't make you an RMT... I sell a shitload of Voiddust, Because i do Campaign for it and its worth a lot of gil, and its easy to farm.

Fellcleave shouting doesn't make you an RMT Either, Most people you see selling Voiddust, Or Shouting for Fell Cleave spots are probably just saving up gil to get a Relic, or Buy any of that new armor. I won't be as naive to think none of them may be RMT'ing, But probably not that many.

Fellcleave and Voiddust are just two really popular ways to make Gil. :X

I'm not saying its ONLY the RMT doing these things but its definitely the majority. They found a legit way to make gil. Maybe I will be more clear to say on Fenrir the majority of all these things are RMT activity while the very small minority are legit players using cruor for gil.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    We're here again?
    So, you know the /anon Lv1 guy who shouts 24 hours a day for a FC pt for up to 10 hours for two different /anon cleavers with shit gear, who mysteriously changed his name from Yokomoke to Yokomeka to Yokomake, and you can confirm he's not RMT? How so? I would be very interested to know, because I'd bet money on the fact that he is.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast