Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm not sure I can muster any excitement for 100 cruor per petrifact. I'd like to second what Siiri said to remove them entirely.
    (5)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Can we just REMOVE these from the top slot PLEASE.

Serious, if they have a value of about 100 cruors, then how about just let people BUY them for 100cruor or 1k cruors from the NPC (VW Officers, Planar Rifts, and such) for those that needs them for PW.
    how do you do prov watcher so much that you need petrifacts to get in?
    (5)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Camate, that makes about as much sense as coupons having a value of 1/100 of a cent.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    how do you do prov watcher so much that you need petrifacts to get in?
    Honestly if anyone does, they are doing Prov way to much, I would have to assume a LS spamming it to no end or something like that maybe? Personally I have over 190 Kupo, with about 60 petrifacts on me, so overall I would have to do about 75 runs at Prov in the next month, to run out, and I do Prov maybe... 1~2 times a week at best, maybe less, with only 1 shout every day or 2 days.
    (1)

Player
    When the Japanese version of Camate's post was posted on the JP forums it made a bit more sense:

Since Kupofried's Corundum is also stocked over time and it would be difficult or impossible to isolate which corundum were turned in and which were generated by time, we are not planning to allow you to exchange Corundum into Cruor. Since you've already converted the petrifacts to corundum, they can only be used to challenge the Provenance battlefields (sorry!).
    There is already the function of allowing the crystal petrifacts to be exchanged for Kupofried's Corundum if you have not acquired your desired items from Provenance. However, since the stones accumulate over time, many of the crystal petrifacts are going to waste, so we're just allowing the cruor exchange to reduce this wastefulness in a small way.
    Although we have not yet determined a specific exchange rate, we are thinking that about 100 cruor per crystal petrifact would be reasonable. Please think about the cruor exchange rate obtained when destroying caskets in Abyssea.
    Although this may seem unsatisfactory or unattractive to those of you who were expecting item exchanges for crystal petrifacts, we hope you consider that this was never intended to be an effect of the item, and is not the original premise behind the item.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 10-19-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Character
    Deathbeckons
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    for those of us who actually cared about voidwatch and got it done rather than sitting around doing nothing, these crystal petrifacts are just trash clogging up our boxes. the various logs and ores and npc food is considerably more valuable than ~260g/petrifact. there really needs to be some way to opt out from obtaining crystal petrifacts. i dont really care if its going to take a bunch of effort to code. were paying to play the game. us paying pays the coders salaries. they can find a way to change this.
    (2)
    Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Player
    Rather than removing the pointless Crystal Petrifact system, you are giving us cruor, at 1st this didn't seem so bad, but at 100 cruor per petrifact you are looking at about 259.5 gil for each, rather than the 2~5k from ore, ingots, and logs, which would drop in their place instead. Not that I like logs/ores, but at least it was better than this, and allowed us to put more materials into circulation, and prevent more gil coming into circulation via blinker runs, which we know is exactly what this cruor will end up going to.
    (1)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Square Enix making useless stuffs neglecting intelligence's player once again, we're not stupids, we know what's good and what's alms.

Remove them from the top slot PLEASE. unless you guy really think that bad about your own players... your costumers...
    (3)

Forgive my brazilian english, if that matter.

There's no logical reason or proof to assume a Crystal Petrifact TAKES the slot from a Rare drop. The most likely scenario is the Top Slot 'rolls' for Rare drops, If it gets none, Rolls for Scrolls, if it gets none, Rolls for Synth Mats, Which Petrifacts fall under.

I know SE makes dumb choices, But it would be horrendously stupid to have it roll for the common drops before the rare drops, And i can't bring myself to believe they are that asinine when it comes down to it. We have to give them a little more credit. As far as the Cruor exchange rate goes.

Shut the f*ck up or i'll cut you!

Its Better than them having literally 0 usefulness, like they do to most people. SE Saw that these items were being tossed/etc. While 100 Cruor isn't going to make them sought after, If you happen to get one, At least its not a completely wasted spot. They could have, like many things, Kept them useless. I understand how you can get upset when they go.

"We looked into these Adjustments, But the Development team said it couldn't be done because Rainbow Monkey Banana Milkshakes Zebras"

But this makes sense. Most still wont bother to pick them up, But I've collected them since the announcement and have about 83 of them, Thats about 8,300 more Cruor than i had before, While nothing to write home about, It gets me a cell or two, When before, It would get me nothing.

If you want to complain, theres plenty of other legitimate reasons to do so here.
    (3)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Looooook guys, the system probably works like this:

There's a chance the first slot will load one of the monster-specific items that depends on Red light levels. Lets say it's that chance is Red Light/1000. So if you have 550 Red light, there's a 55% chance it will load one of the Red items.
    http://www.ffxidb.com/voidwatch/178 <-- remember to add in Heavy Metal Pouches and some scrolls

If it is loading from among the Red items, there's a second distribution within that. Lets say the odds for Qilin are:
    20% : Scrolls
    40% : Houyi's Gorget
    20% : Heavy Metal Pouch
    15% : Fajin Boots
    4% : Lux Pugio
    0.5% :Coruscanti

If it isn't loading from the Red Distribution, then it is loading from what I'll term the "Crap Item Distribution," approximately:
    25% : Crystal Petrifact
    75% : Logs, lower level spells, and other crap

So having Crystal Petrifacts occasionally show up in the first slot means you just didn't get a Log. It doesn't mean you didn't get a Coruscanti. If you want to be really disheartened by drop rates, poke around the Voidwatch section of FFXIDB. 8800 Qilins and 4 Coruscantis.
    (5)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast