In regards to Legion:
This content has been long awaited by the playerbase, as a new activity to participate in. However, we are optimistic and hopeful that refinements will be made to increase this event's lifespan in FFXI. We fear that without further investigation, this event will quickly lose interest across all servers.
To be blunt, the content should be scaled down. We do understand that this content was never meant to be abyssea level difficulty, and has been tailored to higher level content with LVL 99 players in mind. However, in its current form, for example, no group has reported to have even dented tier 2, let alone see the boss in any of the 4 known chambers.
In regards to battle content, the FFXI playerbase has always prided itself on the ability to be successful with different PT setups and battle strategies, yet still reach a common goal. However, all known strategies being currently employed by the best geared/skilled players across all servers leads to the same conclusion: In its condition, the event is not scaled properly, and as such, the content is impossible to complete with the current limitations.
1. Adjust monster pathing to allow for areas to recover without aggro
2. Decrease HP and/or Attack values of mobs.
3. For the 36 man entry, institute a time increase upon clearing Tier 1. 15 minutes would be appropriate.
4. Adjust monster spawn locations so they do not spawn directly where players enter.
5. Currently killing elementals yields 1 temp item to the player that kills the monster. Increase this to be all players in the current alliance, or adjust temp items received. For example, 1 healing mist is not worth the time required to kill each elemental given how the content is scaled.
6. Player time/reward is also not scaled properly, even for linkshells that have ordered gear distribution. For example, any ring with limited charges, should not require 1000 points with the current difficulty. Increase points aquired per mob killed, or decrease the cost of rings, and add additional gear at the current 1000 point cost.
7. The entrance fee is appropriate, if in our opinion, there is at minimum a 30% chance of reaching each tier's 7th mob and defeating it. However, the current price does not scale when you have an impossible task of clearing 7 mobs of this insane difficulty in only 30 minutes. Players will not sacrifice their gil when this "fee" provides them no chance to better their characters at all.
8. If you do not intend on adjusting this event by any of the means we have listed, remove exp scrolls as a drop item from each mob, and force each mob to drop an item worthy of this current content.
Thank you for your time.