Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vazerus
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Suggestion Bandwagon] Transcending our characters

An idea (almost) straight from Ragnarok Online; allow us to "transcend" jobs. By this, I mean you level to 99, beat a solo bcnm of some sort like the old Maat fight, then you are level 1 again on that job. EXP requirements double or triple to level, and the final outcome is slightly better combat/magic skill and slightly higher base stats. To make it slightly more appealing, add a special job trait/ability/spell the second time you reach 99.

Transcending can only happen once per job (i.e. you cannot level to 99, transcend, level to 99, transcend, etc), maybe capping the amount of jobs you can transcend at 2-3.

On the same note, perhaps nerf Abyssea exp for transcended characters until ~90 so it forces people to repopulate a lot of the older zones to do fields/grounds of valor.
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What was that game where you get to like lvl999, become an ultimate buda or something and then start over at one with better stats?
    (0)

Character
    Vazerus
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    RO let you level to 99 three times iirc. Used to be twice, but I think they added another tier of classes .-.

And yeah, transcending in that game made you pretty powerful. Not asking for that here, though. To be honest, I'd love to just level from 1 again without having to make a new character D;
    (0)
    Last edited by Vazerus; 03-29-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Character
    Seankp
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    What was that game where you get to like lvl999, become an ultimate buda or something and then start over at one with better stats?
    Transmorgrafication(sp?) from Disgaea, but could do it anytime you wanted and didn't have to be level 9999 to do it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seankp View Post
    Transmorgrafication(sp?) from Disgaea, but could do it anytime you wanted and didn't have to be level 9999 to do it.
    Disgaea uses stored levels, for the ultimate grind experience!
    (2)

Player
    No point. Merits are essentially our 'transcend'.
    (4)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Considering how lackluster they are, to the point that it largely a couple of no-brainers accompanied by stuff that's there to take up space, I beg to differ.
    (5)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Vazerus
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    True, but that means I still have to make a new character if I want leveling enjoyment again (on jobs I enjoy) T.T

-edit- I wasn't entirely serious about the thread, either. I blame it on boredom before work.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazerus View Post
    I wasn't entirely serious about the thread, either. I blame it on boredom before work.
    Good, because no thanks, I do not want to reset my character on X amount of jobs and start exping from scratch to make it slightly better. I'll do what I have to to make my character/my favourite jobs as good as they can be, but that there is a terrible idea, sorry.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Vazerus
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I find it amusing you don't wish to grind in a game all about grinding :x
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast