Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    I'm going with they haven't figured out how to replicate the bug that caused storage to be accessible from anywhere after they "fixed" it so long ago.
    I think the games code occasionally gets a will of its own, and tries to better the game, then SE comes back and has to screw it up... Sometimes, bugs aren't really bad, they are unintentional improvements, like that one we had with Einherjar a bit back, but then it was "fixed" and now, its worse.
    (3)

Greetings everyone!

Turning linkshells into key items is definitely an interesting idea to save some inventory space. Unfortunately, when it comes to key items, it is only possible for to save flag information indicating whether or not you are in possession of the item, and they cannot store more complicated information.

Linkshells have a bunch of information tied to them, such as the LS name, pearl color, member list, and whether it is equipped or not, so it is not possible to change them into key items due to the complexity of the data.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Camate's 666th post >.>

It's a good explanation that goes into some detail, which makes sense now as to why it can't be done. Cheers!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

Turning linkshells into key items is definitely an interesting idea to save some inventory space. Unfortunately, when it comes to key items, it is only possible for to save flag information indicating whether or not you are in possession of the item, and they cannot store more complicated information.

Linkshells have a bunch of information tied to them, such as the LS name, pearl color, member list, and whether it is equipped or not, so it is not possible to change them into key items due to the complexity of the data.
    understand, and even agree with the explanation. we can all see the level of interactivity with the shell, so it's perfectly logical. So, alternative idea, a storage avenue that is exclusive to shells/sack/pearls, can keep it limited to say 10 or so, and it will only hold your link-whatevers, call it something like a link pouch.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    understand, and even agree with the explanation. we can all see the level of interactivity with the shell, so it's perfectly logical. So, alternative idea, a storage avenue that is exclusive to shells/sack/pearls, can keep it limited to say 10 or so, and it will only hold your link-whatevers, call it something like a link pouch.
    Though I understand the theoretical motivation for these requests (encourage more social player behavior by removing the inventory penalty that comes with extra linkshells), you have to realize that it would probably be just as much work for them to add another 80-inventory general-purpose sack as add the 10-item Linkshell-only sack you're proposing.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Unfortunately, when it comes to key items, it is only possible for to save flag information indicating whether or not you are in possession of the item, and they cannot store more complicated information.

Could it work in a way similar to attachments where you use it and it's stored away elsewhere?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I think this is a pretty good idea. It could be a normal item called Link pouch (I agree with the name :P). You can have 12 shells in it and it can be Rare/ex. I dunno what the max amount of shells that can be had now is but I think 12 is plenty for anybody. You can only drop shell from Linkshell menu and you can't drop the Link pouch(or you can I dunno). This makes it where your linkshells only takes 1 spot. You can buy the pouch from a goblin for I dunno 20k or something. That don't sound too hard. Only thing that would be a little hard is trading pearls to new ls members. I was thinking you can go to linkshell menu and when you make a new shell it'll ask you if you want to keep it out of the pouch. Also you can pull shells out of the pouch from the linkshell menu. If you go over 12 shells it will take spots like normal. 1 pouch per character. If needed once new shell is received it won't be in pouch unless going to the ls menu and picking an option "Place in pouch".
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9