Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Get your shit together Square-Enix. A year turnaround time is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.
    (8)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    they have other priorities, while this feature will be a welcomed edition they have a order to the list of things to be done, having an attitude about things as low priority as this is rather childish
    (2)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Don't worry everyone! We have not forgotten about this!

While I do not have any concrete details as of yet, we are aiming for summer to do this.
    Like others mentioned, I'd really like more storage in each area as well. 80 used to be alright but I have many jobs that I would prefer having better situational macro's built around. TP/WS/Def+/certain JA's/etc/etc and 80 just doesn't cut it anymore. How about 200 storage on character and each storage location? Please!? Major overhaul or not, it needs to be done (make it available on PC only if its another of those PS2 limitation excuses?)...
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Like others mentioned, I'd really like more storage in each area as well. 80 used to be alright but I have many jobs that I would prefer having better situational macro's built around. TP/WS/Def+/certain JA's/etc/etc and 80 just doesn't cut it anymore. How about 200 storage on character and each storage location? Please!? Major overhaul or not, it needs to be done (make it available on PC only if its another of those PS2 limitation excuses?)...
    To be honest I don't think 80 inventory spaces was ever OK. 80 spaces in other storage solutions fine, but when you clump together Equipment (even the ones you're wearing) and drops/items into just 80 spaces it's way too restrictive.

Had they have done 80 equipment spaces, then additional storage for items it'd have been OK, but not how it is now.
    (3)

I've played games with a LOT less storage than FFXI offers. Personally, I think it's rather generous...

The only real reason why FFXI suffers more from storage issues than these other games is its sheer scope. Being able to level up every job in the game will undoubtedly lead to huge issues with gear for all of them piling up. That they've added so many storable armour sets and items shows they're working hard to fix the majority of these issues for us.

Let's at least keep things a bit civil for now.
    (0)

I can understand your point; however, please recognize that with literally every slot being merely a macro piece slot and needing several gear-sets on hand for each given job's activity it's very easy to run out of inventory space.

If, on the other hand, SE had designed FFXI with the intent of each job having static gear full timed 80 storage per slot would only then be generous.

As regard my civility regarding it, it's limited by PS2 incompatibilities, I'm sorry for any inconvenience. lol >.>
    (5)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    they have other priorities, while this feature will be a welcomed edition they have a order to the list of things to be done, having an attitude about things as low priority as this is rather childish
    Although it might be a low priority thing, it's something that's wanted by a lot of players - in addition to that, well I might not know anything about game coding and whatever it's called, but I cannot imagine that this is something that's difficult and requiring a lot of work to implement.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Although it might be a low priority thing, it's something that's wanted by a lot of players - in addition to that, well I might not know anything about game coding and whatever it's called, but I cannot imagine that this is something that's difficult and requiring a lot of work to implement.
    Not only that, but SE seems to have an ongoing problem with turnaround time. They'll announce that they're going to make a very simple change to something, but then they take nearly a year to act on it. It's not limited to just this issue, but can be seen across many different issues.

If the dev team has "other priorities" as wildsprite suggests, then their number one priority needs to be getting more people on board so they can offer the playerbase a more timely response to issues. Saying "we'll fix it", and then not having accomplished anything nearly a year later is not acceptable.
    (6)

Character
    Thelona
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Isn't ps2's restrictions on viewing more than 160 items at a time? Just drop the storage numbers to 60, jump active inventory to 100, add a couple more storage areas to offset the loss.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Don't worry everyone! We have not forgotten about this!

While I do not have any concrete details as of yet, we are aiming for summer to do this.
    In all fairness, Camate did post 04/04/2012 that they were looking to do this in the SUMMER. It is still Spring. Summer starts June 20th on our calendar.

While I do agree it is long overdue, we were notified of a general time frame to expect a change, and we still have roughly 7 weeks until that window first opens.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast