Hybrid View

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Legion...

I'm in love with it. Great addition to the game.

Tried it a few times with an old-school Einherjar-like setup + 2 tanks/support. Went pretty well, and will go better with some refinements to group setup (more BLM!)

What's so good about it?
    • Not many temporary items.
    • No Abyssites.
    • No atma(cites)
    • No leeches randomly entering

A group is about to go in full of BST & SMN, apparently they think it's Walk of Echoes. It's gonna be interesting to see how that turns out.

I await the "Legion is too hard" bitchery that will arrive in the next couple of hours with glee and delight.
    (8)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 03-27-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Sounds fun. Its going to be hard for all the kitties and Pink/White/Blue 99's, But i can imagine those with a glimmer of skill or intelligence will have little problem.

Personally, I'll be happy if the Enemies are the hardest part of legion, and the rewards are good and steady. I mean, symbolically speaking, You can punch me in the face as hard as you want so long as i get Ice cream after.

No temporary items.
    No Abyssites.
    No atma(cites)
    You had me until this makes you sound like the stereotypical Abyssea butthurt guy who does nothing but sit at a computer complaining about "Back in my day FFXI was hard...!"(It wasn't).

Maybe thats not who you are, but thats what it makes you sound like. Show me I'm wrong please Why do you believe that those things are bad? I like Temporary Items as long as they don't over-due it... Even with them, They can make a hard fight (Botulus).

Temp items i think help people take care of themselves a little more. Spreads the responsibility around. Especially Potions.
    (12)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    and the rewards are good and steady. I mean,
    We seen EXP scrolls & a scroll of Breakga.
    (0)

You had me until this makes you sound like the stereotypical Abyssea butthurt guy who does nothing but sit at a computer complaining about "Back in my day FFXI was hard...!"(It wasn't).

Maybe thats not who you are, but thats what it makes you sound like. Show me I'm wrong please Why do you believe that those things are bad? I like Temporary Items as long as they don't over-due it... Even with them, They can make a hard fight (Botulus).

Temp items i think help people take care of themselves a little more. Spreads the responsibility around. Especially Potions.

He's not Saying FFXI back in the day was hard. It's more the case of not any tom and jerry can do this with their eyes closed.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo99 View Post
    He's not Saying FFXI back in the day was hard. It's more the case of not any tom and jerry can do this with their eyes closed.
    Sounds like you have a problem with the biggest playerbase in online gaming now.
    (2)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    makes you sound like the stereotypical Abyssea butthurt guy
    I said nothing about back in the day, and I was referring to Voidwatch as much as Abyssea (Where temporary items were over-done in both cases), though. I said for me personally it was an upside. You disagree, that's fine. No need to cry about it though.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    I said nothing about back in the day, and I was referring to Voidwatch as much as Abyssea (Where temporary items were over-done in both cases), though. I said for me personally it was an upside. You disagree, that's fine. No need to cry about it though.
    Of course you didn't say it directly, Because I wasn't calling you anything, I was implying your statement made it sound that way.

Its why i used those magical qualifying words "Sound" and "Like". Not "You." and "Are."

Just curious why you feel that way. Did you read the rest? I genuinely want to hear your opinion on why Temp items are bad. Second, I protest your childish need to insinuate I was "Crying". You can use the age old cop-out method to answering a question by attempting to defame the one asking it instead of providing a real answer, and take it personally and act all hardcore, Or you can actually answer my question without resorting to attempting to give reasons to my statement.

As for the guy above you saying something blah blah about Tom and Jerry with their eyes closed, The average player still cannot easily beat Botulus Rex or Ig Alima, Temp items or not. Personally i have no problem with it, But the fact of the matter is, Temp items are an "instant win" button, they're only as useful as the player who holds them.

Example: People dying to Chainspell even with Fools drink because they can't macro and/or use it properly.

My intentions were to express my interpretation of your statement, not a definitive accusation of your personality or view, and in turn ask you exactly why you feel removing temp items and such are a positive in events. I want to know your driving reasons behind feeling Temp items are a hindrance to events.
    (5)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.

This is right...

Ok First off, LOELEOELEOL at all the people who are about to QQ that legion is to hard.

Secondly thanks SE for putting some good old content that you need to think about and use a proper HNM strat.

For all you casual players i say one thing, Quit your job ok?

Watch old HNM video's, because you will need the brains to do this and not "Fanatics, Champions drink!!!!".

Oh ye and one more Thing, NO MORE PROC LOCK TROLLOELEOELEOELEL epic win etc!

As Charlie Sheen said, "WINNING!"
    (1)
    Last edited by Yambo99; 03-27-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yambo99 View Post
    This is right...

Ok First off, LOELEOELEOL at all the people who are about to QQ that legion is to hard.

Secondly thanks SE for putting some good old content that you need to think about and use a proper HNM strat.

For all you casual players i say one thing, Quit your job ok?

Watch old HNM video's, because you will need the brains to do this and not "Fanatics, Champions drink!!!!".

Oh ye and one more Thing, NO MORE PROC LOCK TROLLOELEOELEOELEL epic win etc!

As Charlie Sheen said, "WINNING!"
    inc sam, drk kclub, and rdm stun-gunning.
    (2)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    so i keep seeing shouts for only relic/empy jobs to join legion. is that really the only option or is that person just being anal. i mean surely just because someone has empy/relic on, does not make them a good player. i'm just wondering. i mean i am working on empys now. but still. shouts like that bug me lol. i mean its ok if they completely suck at the job, but you got relic but no skills in that weapon? thats fine, come on down
    (7)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast