Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    I said nothing about back in the day, and I was referring to Voidwatch as much as Abyssea (Where temporary items were over-done in both cases), though. I said for me personally it was an upside. You disagree, that's fine. No need to cry about it though.
    Of course you didn't say it directly, Because I wasn't calling you anything, I was implying your statement made it sound that way.

Its why i used those magical qualifying words "Sound" and "Like". Not "You." and "Are."

Just curious why you feel that way. Did you read the rest? I genuinely want to hear your opinion on why Temp items are bad. Second, I protest your childish need to insinuate I was "Crying". You can use the age old cop-out method to answering a question by attempting to defame the one asking it instead of providing a real answer, and take it personally and act all hardcore, Or you can actually answer my question without resorting to attempting to give reasons to my statement.

As for the guy above you saying something blah blah about Tom and Jerry with their eyes closed, The average player still cannot easily beat Botulus Rex or Ig Alima, Temp items or not. Personally i have no problem with it, But the fact of the matter is, Temp items are an "instant win" button, they're only as useful as the player who holds them.

Example: People dying to Chainspell even with Fools drink because they can't macro and/or use it properly.

My intentions were to express my interpretation of your statement, not a definitive accusation of your personality or view, and in turn ask you exactly why you feel removing temp items and such are a positive in events. I want to know your driving reasons behind feeling Temp items are a hindrance to events.
    (5)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I find that Atmas, Abyssites, Temporary Items take away a lot of the skill required to defeat many encounters in the game.

I've been back to the game for two months now, and just a few weeks ago started participating in Voidwatch.

The idea of keeping up a Fanatics Drink, while spamming abilities and spells to proc weaknesses Abyssea style just so I can use more Fanatics Drinks with the hope of killing the monster through sheer mindless zerging before proccing slows down and/or stops just isn't fun to me - it's the reason I quit in the first place (meaning: Abyssea made things a lot more easy than they were pre-Abyssea - and again, don't take this as me asking for the HNM era back)

During the whole Abyssea era it was almost impossible to fully wipe to anything and lose a mob. Yes it still happened with really bad players, but in general there was a distinct lack of any danger or challenge. For that, I blame accessible temporary items and over-powered buffs (Atmas/Abyssites).

It also seemed that mobs difficulty didn't scale with our level increases, but this is arguable and not the point of my post.

So in closing, I enjoy the danger of tougher fights without stupid amounts of 'aid' being piled onto me and my teams characters like temporary items and overly buffed Atmas. It's tougher and requires more thought. At the moment, the VW mentality (for the most part) is keep fanatics up, proc and hit.

This is why Legion is a breath of fresh air.
    (1)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yambo99 View Post
    This is right...

Ok First off, LOELEOELEOL at all the people who are about to QQ that legion is to hard.

Secondly thanks SE for putting some good old content that you need to think about and use a proper HNM strat.

For all you casual players i say one thing, Quit your job ok?

Watch old HNM video's, because you will need the brains to do this and not "Fanatics, Champions drink!!!!".

Oh ye and one more Thing, NO MORE PROC LOCK TROLLOELEOELEOELEL epic win etc!

As Charlie Sheen said, "WINNING!"
    inc sam, drk kclub, and rdm stun-gunning.
    (2)

3/6/7 mobs = 1 mob?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    I find that Atmas, Abyssites, Temporary Items take away a lot of the skill required to defeat many encounters in the game.

I've been back to the game for two months now, and just a few weeks ago started participating in Voidwatch.

This is why Legion is a breath of fresh air.

How long were you gone? Atmas gave the players a chance to see how strong we SHOULD have been at 99, instead of still doing only slightly more damage than we did at 75. The developers could have easily made monsters tough enough to compensate for the increase in player damage and survivability. If anything, that was the only thing wrong with atmas.
    (1)

Player
    At the end of the day what will make or break this event is LOOT.

No one cares about challenges if the pot isnt sweet. Will SE deliver? We'll soon see.
    (8)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

My only complaint so far is it's a bit too much like old hnm. And what I mean by that is an alliance where only plds, whms, and sams are welcome, with an alex smn just for kicks. Atleast VW gave us diversity.
    (1)

I don't know what's wrong with my server haven't seen a single shout for it. They all seem to be into doing VW the older tiers too.

Really wanted to try out legion.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    My only complaint so far is it's a bit too much like old hnm. And what I mean by that is an alliance where only plds, whms, and sams are welcome, with an alex smn just for kicks. Atleast VW gave us diversity.
    And no sooner did I post this than I get a blind invite to legion on drk. It's kinda fun. From my experience, Cerb needs to go down first. He likes to spam a very potent GoH every 5-10 seconds, which is the most dangerous move I saw in there. Best to eat it up with a PD. Other than that it seems very doable. Killed Hydra and half killed Cerb. If we'd chosen to start with Cerb we'd likely have won. But we know for tomorrow.
    (1)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Basically i recommend all DD /nin. Rng and cor seem really friendly to this event. 3 pld. Just did a run. Seems like all link. Will need to individually fight them and have 2 plds hold while DD take them down SLOWLY lol >.< Yes, this seems oldschool. People without up to par gear meaning PDT MDT TP WS resist sets are recommended highly. The single target spells seem aoe. Monsters hit like a truck. In 43% PDT got 2 shotted. No trolling plz guys, recommend your opinions and input.
    (1)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast