Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Pretty much this, supply is maybe one a week server wide and they're just sat in people's bazaars for 90 mil. Won't be any "comrades" to join forces with making meteor pretty pointless.
    Agreed. Even as more people get access to Provenance, greed comes first for most people over people actually getting the spells to learn them (This is why I wouldn't do Provenance in a pickup group) and everyone will be lotting Meteor/Arise and bazaaring it for millions of gil and thinking someone will actually buy them for that. I get the new item syndrome, but it's still stupid how high people are bazaaring them for (reasonable stuff I get, but ridiculous stuff I do not). Noticed that either Meteor's more common than Arise or WHMs are actually obtaining the spell when looking on FFXIAH item pages.

Either way, they should be more common than what they are.

tl;dr: Hey SE, there aren't going to be BLMs joining each other to destroy a mob when it's that hard to obtain. At least not for a long time.
    (3)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 04-15-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    tl;dr: Hey SE, there aren't going to be BLMs joining each other to destroy a mob when it's that hard to obtain. At least not for a long time.
    pretty sure thats the point.. keep them 'busy' keep them paying for as long as possible?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fondle View Post
    pretty sure thats the point.. keep them 'busy' keep them paying for as long as possible?
    Seems to be paying off since the population is but a shadow of its former self by now. You'll even notice my Karbuncle is gone. Luckily for me, Darkmessneger still seems to be active. So i can bug you guys more

That said, Their gameplan seems to be the death of them. They seem to think pumping out events with 0.1% Drop rates will lengthen how long we stay, betting on the gambler mindset, But in reality, Its just turning people away. Even they should be seeing now that more people are quitting daily due to their terrible plan to drive FFXI back into the dark ages.

You don't want to hand players everything, or the game becomes stale, but you also don't want to make said items so hard to get people lose their minds and motivation going for them. Its not hard to create a balance, But SE is devoted to Bottle-necking over fun or enjoyment or progression.

Legion was an honest attempt at middleground, But i don't know what the NPCs there offer. I think its all that situational "Legion: Buff" gear no one will bother purchasing because its situational to only legion and those armors are never worth keeping because of Inventory issues (See: Salvage/Assault/Beseiged Only gear). But I'll look up that list...

Edit: looked up the list. The +5 Stat rings with enhancements, and the Legion:Only Accessories. So... Pretty much all junk. 1-2 Situational pieces but again... Situational.
    (4)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-16-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Player
    Weaknesses and Automatons
    Similar with the familiar pets, we are considering making an adjustment so the Automaton can utilize special abilities that can’t miss.

We would also like to have more input on this matter so please continue to send us your feedback.
    I agree with what others have said, remove the weakness triggers from the Automatons all together.

Though, if that isn't an open idea to the development team, I would suggest of using abilities that target the enemy instead of Weaponskills. These abilities should come from attachments, such as Flashbulb. There is a slight more control over when attachment effects shoot off than when Weaponskills can.

From my personal experience as a Puppetmaster who tried using the job in Voidwatch, I feel at the current state, Automaton Weaponskills does not flow with the quick pace of Voidwatch. From my perspective, the job is a burden on the group more than other jobs. The whole idea of trying to build TP on a pet, making sure the right maneuver is active, and pray to the deity of your choice that the enemy doesn't one-shot your pet before the Weaponskill fires off makes the event less enjoyable than it should be. It adds a layer of "difficulty" that is caused by luck (or bad luck in my case). On top of that, if the Weaponskill isn't the correct one, the process start all over again with a greater risk of killing the pet. Tactical Switch is an option, but that ability doesn't have a short recast timer on it. So, that ability isn't something to fall back on all the time.

If we go with the idea of having attachments that have an effect on the mob, then we have more control over the timing of the hitting weakness. With a specific pool of abilities that are tied to attachments, the Master only has to activate the maneuver, deploy the Automaton, and wait for the ability to fire off. This is much safer and more reliable than the current system. Using attachment abilities to trigger weakness also fits in with the quick pacing of Voidwatch.

Overall, the job itself is not Voidwatch friendly. Other than the subject of trying to trigger weakness with the Automaton, I feel that the Master's contribution to damage and other triggers is not up to par as other jobs. I have successfully triggered more Weaponskill related weaknesses as me playing Red Mage than on Puppetmaster for example. Puppetmaster after a while seems to plateau on damage capabilities that can easily be overshadowed in Voidwatch by other pure DD jobs. One of the few benefits to Puppetmaster is the capabilities to sub DNC without having most of the main job's damage capabilities hampered.

As much as I like seeing an attempt by the development team to add less than desired jobs to an event. The event isn't friendly to the job at all. It is the equivalent of trying to hammer a square peg through a round hole and trying to make it to where the other children in the play room do the same thing. You can make it work, but the other children are not going to bother with the square pegs and just use the round pegs instead (and use the hammer to mash it through faster).
    (1)
    Last edited by Xtrasweettea; 04-17-2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Typo demons got me.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I agree with what others have said, remove the weakness triggers from the Automatons all together.
    Only if all other job specific triggers are removed. I don't want my only leverage into an event removed.
    (1)

Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

Greetings,

Mocchi was able to speak to the dev. team to clarify a few things in regards to the Voidwatch Final Chapter regarding loot and weaknesses.

A player asked whether or not drop rates would be affected by Treasure Hunter, which caused some strategies to be changed around when compared to previous chapters. We can say that yes, Treasure Hunter does have an effect on loot drop rates and we plan on further increasing gear drop rates on top of this as well.

Some players suggested that we remove the low quality drops, or “useless” items, from the rewards at the end. We aren’t providing those lower tier rewards to cause players to be upset, and it is possible for us make it so those drops are removed and no item drops in their place instead.

However, if we were to replace certain items that are perceived as useless, with no drop players may feel that the loot system is bugged when they don’t receive any reward. As such, we would like to provide some sort of drop each time. Also, we have received many comments asking that the items dropped are improved slightly, but we have no plans to make any adjustments at the moment. We feel that we have to draw a line somewhere, or else the requests would begin to get out of hand. As such, we will maintain our current system.

We understand those that would like the drop rates of scrolls to be raised, but we consider gear to be the main aspect of rewards from the final chapter of Voidwatch. Since Arise and Meteor can be obtained through other content, we will maintain their current drop rates.

Weaknesses
    • Beastmaster
      It seems like opinions are split on call beasts. Seems like there are bit more calls for Gerard to be used, but we would like to continue to receive feedback.

• Puppetmaster
      For PUP’s weakness, we’re considering using “Strobe” as their trigger.

• What about implementing weakness regardless of specific pets, avatars or automaton frames?
      We didn’t touch on this last time, but in terms of this function, it will be implemented. However, we have to consider if it is acceptable to place weaknesses on support jobs when it comes to adding weaknesses to SMNs and PUPs.

To explain what we are trying to accomplish: we want to offer an exploitable weakness from the player’s pet/avatar/automaton at a certain rate if they use a special ability. Basically, we’re not trying to make it so “certain abilities will always result in a weakness trigger.” The reason is that it would be too difficult to manage which abilities are used in which situation when also needing to consider weaknesses in battle.
    (3)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Even if they added higher tier "Synth" Items to the Loot pools of Final VW, Those items would then become crap-tier because people would be flooded with them. So I guess it doesn't really matter what the fluff rewards are.

Nice Info overall.
    (2)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We understand those that would like the drop rates of scrolls to be raised, but we consider gear to be the main aspect of rewards from the final chapter of Voidwatch. Since Arise and Meteor can be obtained through other content, we will maintain their current drop rates.
    Does anyone have any information on where else this drops? I assume Legion? BG only has Provenance listed, and I do believe those who said Qilin, etc were thought to be trolling. Any other news?
    (0)

Player
    Only if all other job specific triggers are removed. I don't want my only leverage into an event removed.
    Only if...
    I understand your perspective, and that these weakness triggers are the only leverage Puppetmaster has, but until the Voidwatch system either fits the job, or the job fits the system, those leverages are going to be ignored for the most part. When it comes down to it, the system and the player-base feel that Puppetmaster is not a Voidwatch job. Those weaknesses that read across the screen showing an Automaton frame and the intensity of the weakness is viewed more as an inconvenience rather than an opportunity.

I am saying this as a person who tries to campaign to take Puppetmaster to every event and has used every leverage possible. I didn't work to get a Verethragna for the job if I did not intend to use it. I am not anti-Puppetmaster (or anti-pet jobs in general), I am just being realistic.
    (0)

Character
    Dew
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    In my experience, out of 20 kills on Provenance Watcher I've seen more Meteor and Arise then I have actual gear. Why not take one of the material slots and change it to one random Head, Hands, Legs, or Feet abj. This would allow people to get some reward for clearing the final boss, but at same time there is 20 different abjs that can drop in that slot.

The trove would look like this:

Random gear, body abj, scroll, or mat if no gear drops in slot 1.
    Random head, hands, legs, or feet abj in slot 2.
    Random material in slot 3.

This way you are getting somewhat rewarded, but still not getting everything right away. Getting 2 Red rocks and a Gold ore is pretty sad for the final boss. Also one more slot should be opened up from the direct drop pool. Maybe for a random Body abj.

So the pool would look like this:

Slot 1: Sword, Staff, Helm, Shield, Tes Body, Hat, or nothing.
    Slot 2: F:body, S:body, C:body, T:body, L:body, or nothing.
    Slot 3: Meteor, Arise, or nothing.

For a final boss of an event, Provenance Watcher has a pretty crappy drop rate.
    (5)

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast