Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Voidwatch Final Chapter

I’d like to share some information about the weakness system for the final chapter of Voidwatch.

For battles of the final chapter, the weakness system and loot (items) will be completely separated.

We’ve decided to make it so that the weakness system’s goal is to give an advantage in the battle. With this hopefully it will relieve the stress of having to kill the monster when alignments are capped and forming parties to cover a wide range of weaknesses, all while worrying about the rewards. The battle strategies and party formations will be a bit easier making it so you can still defeat the enemy efficiently even if you don’t exploit a weakness.

Additionally, we will be making adjustments to the weakness effects as well as creating proper balance where there is no need to rely on temporary items.

We’d also like to monitor the final chapter and look into adjusting the weakness system for other Voidwatch chapters as well, so if you could separate the feedback for the final chapter and previous chapters it would be much appreciated.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    For battles of the final chapter, the weakness system and loot (items) will be completely separated.
    Highly desired items, in fact, will be separate from all other aspects of the final chapter.

Other aspects will exist normally; highly desired items will be suspended in a realm more akin to nonexistence. Similar to the idea illustrated by Schrödinger's cat, except the cat illustrating this idea would be dead either way and the unknown factor is how bad it smells.
    (30)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 03-23-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    so does this mean cells will be useless for the final chapter, or will rubicund still increase chances to obtain?
    (1)

Player
    Additionally, we will be making adjustments to the weakness effects as well as creating proper balance where there is no need to rely on temporary items.
    That part alone is worth a "Like". I hate how VW pretty much relies on temps.

Very welcome information overall, tho.
    (3)
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    balance
    ummmmmm... ._.;;
    (15)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is too vague to be happy about. My gut tells me they are just shortening terror and removing fanatics and fools because they aren't pleased with how quickly people cleared the Jeuno II path and they want more control over how difficult it is to obtain items other than the already atrocious drop rates. This has evil genie written all over it. My guess, Tanaka wants a new unbeatable mob and he can't have it with terror lock zergs.

That being said, if these fights are reasonable without temps and procs, I'm all for it. Terror zergs are super boring and repetitive. And by reasonable I mean BLM mobs shouldn't be hitting you for 1500 damage on normal swings.
    (16)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 03-23-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Player
    Since the Development Bros have reduced Area of Effect damage in Voidwatch once already, I assume they're not going to just make the final chapter "Hey guys, here's Botulusier Rexiest without Fool's Drinks. Enjoy!" They'll probably do exactly what they're describing, because those goofballs think the fights themselves are the crux of the issue most people take with Voidwatch.

It's nice to know things won't keep moving even further in the "PROC! DRINK! PROC! DRINK! LOGS! DRINK IN REAL LIFE!" direction after how ridiculous Ig-Alima and Botulus Rex were. It is still very hard to get excited about that one bit of news given the big picture.

Drop rates will very likely be miserable because Voidwatch is still Voidwatch; there's a definite possibility that Rift Cinder and Rift Dross won't drop from final chapter stuff; and best of all it sounds like the Development Bros are just making the final chapter different rather than updating any and all content related to Voidvoyeurism.
    (6)

Just as long as this doesn't bring us back to the dark ages of sam onry. I kinda liked that VW made room for diversity in jobs unlike the old days when the only acceptable jobs were rdm, sam, pld and 1 thf or later on, whm, mnk, war and 1 thf.
    (5)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Highly desired items, in fact, will be separate from all other aspects of the final chapter.

Other aspects will exist normally; highly desired items will be suspended in a realm more akin to nonexistence. Similar to the idea illustrated by Schrödinger's cat, except the cat illustrating this idea would be dead either way and the unknown factor is how bad it smells.
    But if the cat is dead does it drop loot?
    (2)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Similar to the idea illustrated by Schrödinger's cat, except the cat illustrating this idea would be dead either way and the unknown factor is how bad it smells.
    It doesn't smell because the decomposition bateria don't know if its dead either.
    (2)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast