Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The optimistic in me Reading that gives me hope they're working on ways to make drop rates not suck and relieve my current streak of nearly 0/500 by now.

But the pessimistic 10 year customer in me realizes that hasn't happened in the past and surely won't happen now.

Its good news either way, I actually look forward to hearing more on what they plan to do with Voidwatch to make it more enjoyable.

Edit: Requoting it:

Hello. Director Mizuki Ito here.

I apologize for this announcement being right before the version update is implemented.

We have continued to make adjustments up until this morning, but we have decided to push back the implementation of the final chapter of Voidwatch. (The Promathia route as well as the Aht Urhgan route will be implemented as scheduled.)

The main reason for the decision to push this back was to revamp the balance of the final chapter.

Specifically, the separation of weaknesses and rewards and the other points below are being worked on and it is taking time to test and adjust these items.

Addition to weakness effect that cumulatively reduces the enemy’s physical and magical attacks
    We are making adjustments so that the level of these effects are such that you do not need to rely on temporary items.
    Weakness option revamp
    After eliminating abilities and spells learned via merit points as well as further filtering for pet related abilities, we are making adjustments so that every job can perform equally.

The above items are going to be fuel for discussion for adjustments to the existing Voidwatch content, so we would like to pay extra careful attention when making adjustments.

Since this is the final chapter, we feel that the battles should have a feeling of accomplishment and fun as well as really good rewards. Also, not only for the final chapter, but we would like to make the entire Voidwatch content even more enjoyable.

Due to this, please give us a couple more weeks. Once we finish the balance adjustments, we will have a version update for the final chapter of Voidwatch. (We will be sure to announce the date once it is finalized.)

I apologize to everyone who was waiting and looking forward to this. We appreciate your understanding.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ito
    The main reason for the decision to push this back was to revamp the balance of the final chapter...

...Due to this, please give us a couple more weeks. Once we finish the balance adjustments, we will have a version update for the final chapter of Voidwatch. (We will be sure to announce the date once it is finalized.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ito
    revamp the balance...

...balance adjustments
    balance...
    (5)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ah good news they said the final path will have really good reward (read : so for no so good rewards). lol.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    This thread needs a "Balance, I don't think that means what you think it means" meme
    (1)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Definitely shows they are listening. Just takes time to get it right. Blatantly increased drop rates wouldn't be fun either. The best armor should be hard to get. Especially since the new system will make it sellable in a way.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    This thread needs a "Balance, I don't think that means what you think it means" meme
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Definitely shows they are listening. Just takes time to get it right. Blatantly increased drop rates wouldn't be fun either. The best armor should be hard to get. Especially since the new system will make it sellable in a way.
    I'm all for good armor being hard to get, but Voidwatch as is, is noting short of Insane as far as "Rarity" on the body goes. I can personally attest to still not owning a single Voidwatch "body" after a good 450+ Runs, I've stopped counting, The last actual record i can remember was about 408.

Theres nothing hard about Killing a VWNM in 10 seconds and hoping the box happens to load your item, Thats called tedious artificial difficulty. If they want to make items hard to obtain, Make the NM hard, Like Botulus and Ig-Alima were when they first came out, and Botulus Rex is still pretty hard for "average" groups.

Make the NM the hardest part about obtaining the armor, Not the Random Number generator. Thats all we ask. The best way to do this is giving us a challenging but doable fight, and making the armor a decent drop rate.

The big flaw i see with Voidwatch is, R/EX worked when it came in the form of a pool people shared, Because you could divide it amongst who needed it. R/EX in personal Chests with no way to pass them out is a retarded system, I don't think very many other games incorporate this kind of loot system in a Large-Scale event, for good reason, Its dumb. R/EX Armor being distributed strictly person to person with no way to move it does not work.

Items that are obviously more niche, like say, the new "Crystal Staff", are going to be doomed to be tossed 9/10 because a lot of players still have inventory issues, and Staffs aren't a big hitter amongst the community. So making it R/EX is dooming it to be dropped countless times.

SE had noble intentions going into Voidwatch, a System where everyone is rewarded, but it came up a little short in execution.

Maybe, If you open your box, you have the option to destroy it, If you destroy it, You'll get a Claim Slip, If you collect say, 200 Of these, You can turn it in for an item of your choice from that NM. These claim slips would not be EX, and could be traded or sold.

Now we have options. If we can manage to get or buy 200 Claim slips for 1 NM, we can walk away with 1 piece of his Armor. You could change it for different Armors/Items.

Coruscanti could be 300 Tickets, While Lux could only be 50.

It has a wide range of possibilities that would maintain the over all difficulty of the item, But give each person a real tangible goal to obtain and strive for.

I'm living proof that this system is capable of driving away a devoted player. I've been playing this game for pretty much the entire 9 years, through all the ups and downs, and i'm turning off my game because I'm so fed up with the Voidwatch and where this game is going that I can't take it anymore. Theres other reasons, but thats one of the big ones. I just don't have the time anymore in my life to spend countless hours going for 1 item. Worst part is, I dont only need 1 VW Body, I need about 6. So when i get one, I'll still have to go after the other 5.

Then theres legion drops... and more Abjuration armor...
    (9)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's funny b/c when I criticized voidwatch I got you defending it many times haha. The system is fail and this was known from start. Artificial difficulty with the number of people required for procs, bad rewards, bad distribution.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 03-27-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    It's funny b/c when I criticized voidwatch I got you defending it many times haha. The system is fail and this was known from start. Artificial difficulty with the nuber of people required for procs, bad rewards, bad distribution.
    That was probably back when i first started voidwatch, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, brand new to the event. You may not, but honestly, People change.

And despite popular internet logic, Peoples Opinion can change as well.
    (6)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    •Weakness option revamp
    After eliminating abilities and spells learned via merit points as well as further filtering for pet related abilities, we are making adjustments so that every job can perform equally.
    Erm...huh?
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast