Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    But if the cat is dead does it drop loot?
    Only if you already have said loot or you're a whm mule who can't use it.
    (6)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I’d like to share some information about the weakness system for the final chapter of Voidwatch.

For battles of the final chapter, the weakness system and loot (items) will be completely separated.

We’ve decided to make it so that the weakness system’s goal is to give an advantage in the battle. With this hopefully it will relieve the stress of having to kill the monster when alignments are capped and forming parties to cover a wide range of weaknesses, all while worrying about the rewards. The battle strategies and party formations will be a bit easier making it so you can still defeat the enemy efficiently even if you don’t exploit a weakness.

Additionally, we will be making adjustments to the weakness effects as well as creating proper balance where there is no need to rely on temporary items.

We’d also like to monitor the final chapter and look into adjusting the weakness system for other Voidwatch chapters as well, so if you could separate the feedback for the final chapter and previous chapters it would be much appreciated.
    Will the NM's be able to instantly wipe an entire alliance?

The reason we're spamming procs isn't to cap lights, it's to restore fanatics drinks so we can actually survive to win the fight. Capping lights is easy, hit EV or a HV or two and deal damage. On the NM's that matter, Tier 6 or Pil for example, if you don't have fanatics up you die quickly. Charmga, Deathga, Doomga, Aello's cheap move (silence + amnesia + paralyze + encumbrance muddle + high damage). Katastrax's aoe spam, Aoe spam from Gnaum or Kaggen or Flank Opening from Pil, all examples of monsters that you need to have fanatics or die.
    (5)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Highly desired items, in fact, will be separate from all other aspects of the final chapter.

Other aspects will exist normally; highly desired items will be suspended in a realm more akin to nonexistence. Similar to the idea illustrated by Schrödinger's cat, except the cat illustrating this idea would be dead either way and the unknown factor is how bad it smells.
    Currently the best poster
    (2)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Highly desired items, in fact, will be separate from all other aspects of the final chapter.

Other aspects will exist normally; highly desired items will be suspended in a realm more akin to nonexistence. Similar to the idea illustrated by Schrödinger's cat, except the cat illustrating this idea would be dead either way and the unknown factor is how bad it smells.
    This plays well into the next expansion that they have planned, in which you enter yet another version of abyssea called "Aessyba" through the maws. In this new abyssea, atmas are randomly assigned to players and cannot be selected. Harder NMs will infuse atmas that make you suck more. This will be ok, because defeating NMS will not be necessary. Instead, you will be required to befriend them, and bestow them with sufficient self esteem to let go of their material possessions and embrace their inner beauty. This will be considered a full expansion as it will have 9 old zones re-skinned in different colors, 200+ renamed NMs and the new job class "Evil Genie Developer Bro", a job who's JAs have names that imply something awesome, but when used do something neither you nor you party expected or wanted.
    (4)

Character
    Elgorian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't think they're getting rid of or limiting the number of temps you get, this is most likely going back to something they noted changing earlier where Red and Blue would be capped at the start of the fight. This would mean you wouldn't have to rely heavily on procs to cap those lights, meaning you would get less temps if you are not proc'ing.

It doesn't sound like they're stopping us from proc'ing it just won't be needed to cap red/blue, but we'll prolly still want our temps knowing the kind of content Botulus Rex / Ig-alima were.... I honestly don't think they would ever be doable without temps maybe with 18/18 aegis pld on rex? maybe? doubtful still.

If they don't want us to have to spam temps (and I honestly would prefer not to need them) the entire fight.... make content that we don't actually NEED THE TEMPS TO WIN. I hate needing to rely on being immune to damage to win a fight, you'd never see that kinda crap back in Sea, Sky, <insert old endgame here>.

Then abyssea came out... and without temps people didn't know what to do, hell if nothings gonna change just give us some brews for voidwatch! Then we won't need to rely on our other temps. Right? Right???

I'd like to see some content that you don't just get RR spam and Temps thrown at you. I mean WoE is being updated to enter with 5 random temps and you already have auto-RR, I really don't like the zombie strategies.....they aren't really strategies it's more a winning failure.
    (3)
    Jobs: MNK99 PLD99 WHM99 BLM99

Basically, it's now going to be a few whms, and as many empy DDs as you can get hold of. Fill any spare slots with non-empy WARs/CORs/BRDs.

If you proc, great, it gives the WHMs a rest for a minute. If you don't, they'll just keep spamming cures.

At the end of the day, it's still just going to be a spreadsheet of how many times you manage to kill them before you actually get a drop that you want.
    (6)

Character
    Wolfandre
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Basically, it's now going to be a few whms, and as many empy DDs as you can get hold of. Fill any spare slots with non-empy WARs/CORs/BRDs.

If you proc, great, it gives the WHMs a rest for a minute. If you don't, they'll just keep spamming cures.

At the end of the day, it's still just going to be a spreadsheet of how many times you manage to kill them before you actually get a drop that you want.
    This. Looks like I'm going to have to level up and get an empy for WAR or MNK or be one baller WHM or BLM in order to get a spot in this 'final chapter.'

Hell, I was niche coming PUP/SAM or PUP/SCH. I didn't do much, but I covered procs. Now that I don't have that, I can expect to see absolutely none of the new drops from new Voidwatch. Oh wait. Drops in Voidwatch. I didn't see any before this new system.

I revoke my statement. This changes nothing.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    BOOMSTICK you roll into there yellin DODONGO DISLIEKS SMOEK

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Cool. I have 3 of the main desired jobs haha sam mnk cor empies this is great news to me lol.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ah so they are releasing this for monday's VU ? No problem then, all the items in the test server dats suck. Back to nyzlulz guys.
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 03-24-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Greetings! I have a message from Director Mizuki Ito to share with you regarding the final chapter of Voidwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki_Ito View Post
    Hello. Director Mizuki Ito here.

I apologize for this announcement being right before the version update is implemented.

We have continued to make adjustments up until this morning, but we have decided to push back the implementation of the final chapter of Voidwatch. (The Promathia route as well as the Aht Urhgan route will be implemented as scheduled.)

The main reason for the decision to push this back was to revamp the balance of the final chapter.

Specifically, the separation of weaknesses and rewards and the other points below are being worked on and it is taking time to test and adjust these items.
    • Addition to weakness effect that cumulatively reduces the enemy’s physical and magical attacks
      We are making adjustments so that the level of these effects are such that you do not need to rely on temporary items.
    • Weakness option revamp
      After eliminating abilities and spells learned via merit points as well as further filtering for pet related abilities, we are making adjustments so that every job can perform equally.

The above items are going to be fuel for discussion for adjustments to the existing Voidwatch content, so we would like to pay extra careful attention when making adjustments.

Since this is the final chapter, we feel that the battles should have a feeling of accomplishment and fun as well as really good rewards. Also, not only for the final chapter, but we would like to make the entire Voidwatch content even more enjoyable.

Due to this, please give us a couple more weeks. Once we finish the balance adjustments, we will have a version update for the final chapter of Voidwatch. (We will be sure to announce the date once it is finalized.)

I apologize to everyone who was waiting and looking forward to this. We appreciate your understanding.
    (14)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast