Character
    Bellalunaa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Unable to re-download all 4 parts of US test server download

I would like to be apart of the test server but somehow my files are not downloading right. When I download from link 2-4 and try to unpack the files in separate folders it says the files are corrupt. I would like to know if the links were updated from the time that the test server was first open to the players. I can list my links if needed but I'd really like to figure out why I can't download these without them being corrupt. Please help, and thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ß

Teegrins, Bellaluna!

To make sure you have the correct links, they are available here:
    Also make sure to download the files corresponding the region of your account/regular client. Not saying this isn't clear to you, but it will not work with the wrong files, so I think it's worth noting. ^^

As for the files getting corrupt, if you use a download-manager, try a different one, or none at all (browsers these days do provide their own managers so I doubt anyone really uses any external ones any longer... methinks).

If possible, try downloading the files to a different location. Preferably a different physical drive (hard-disk), or at least, a different partition. In case this produces different results, it might be worth running some checks for errors on said drive(s) (chkdsk, and the likes), thinking of getting a replacement, or at the very least, creating back-ups of important files as soon as possible. Though this does not necessarily mean the drive is going/has gone bad, it's never too early to back things up.

By the by, does it always seem to have been corrupt at the same point of extraction?
    Have you experienced any other corrupt downloads recently?
    Any other connection issues?

Just some thoughts for now!
    Good luck~
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Bellalunaa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Teegrins, Bellaluna!

To make sure you have the correct links, they are available here:
    Also make sure to download the files corresponding the region of your account/regular client. Not saying this isn't clear to you, but it will not work with the wrong files, so I think it's worth noting. ^^

As for the files getting corrupt, if you use a download-manager, try a different one, or none at all (browsers these days do provide their own managers so I doubt anyone really uses any external ones any longer... methinks).

If possible, try downloading the files to a different location. Preferably a different physical drive (hard-disk), or at least, a different partition. In case this produces different results, it might be worth running some checks for errors on said drive(s) (chkdsk, and the likes), thinking of getting a replacement, or at the very least, creating back-ups of important files as soon as possible. Though this does not necessarily mean the drive is going/has gone bad, it's never too early to back things up.

By the by, does it always seem to have been corrupt at the same point of extraction?
    Have you experienced any other corrupt downloads recently?
    Any other connection issues?

Just some thoughts for now!
    Good luck~
    Thanks! I have the same links saved and I have downloaded through different browsers (Chrome, IE, and Firefox). I also tried through JDownloader in case something was wrong with the browser but that did not work. I have several computers and I have the same problem with more than 1 computer so I don't believe it is hardware or software on my end. (I ran chkdisk etc to make sure nothing was on my end including check hardware)

When it downloads it says it is complete, and when I check the file to make sure it is the size it is suppose to be it shows it is the correct size. When I try to unpack it the WinRAR says the file is corrupt. I am trying to download it again through Chrome right now and will reply if it works. If not then I hope someone can share some info if they had a similar problem. I am running Windows 7 and Windows XP on 2 different computers in which I am trying to unpack/install the test server.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I had a feeling you might have tried most, if not all of it already.
    Would have been too easy, I guess!

Already the fact that you have tried it on two different computers says a lot in that it should not be a hardware issue (without quite the coincidence). Even though it is perhaps unlikely, and if you already didn't do these, I might suggest running memtest86+ for a bit, and try to make sure the cables of the hard-drive(s) and such are OK (this mostly for a desktop though laptops may have similar issues).
    It does seem more and more like something that happens on the way from the server to your computer, that is, the network connection (router/modem\ISP problems).

I was actually remembering they were 'linked' archives, or in other words, one big package split into pieces but seems like I didn't quite remember right as I looked into the ones I downloaded when the test-server was made available for the public, it would seem they are all individual archives.

That's why I was asking if the unpacking stops at the same spot every time.

I will try to download the files again, just to make sure I can not re-produce the problem.
    Are you getting them for the EU or the NA region?
    Files from the links through 2 to 4, from up towards down in the post I linked to?
    I will likely just try them all if I don't see a reply before that.

Have you tried downloading anything else large'ish to see if it happens from other locations, too?

Just some more thoughts~
    (0)

Character
    Bellalunaa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I had a feeling you might have tried most, if not all of it already.
    Would have been too easy, I guess!

Already the fact that you have tried it on two different computers says a lot in that it should not be a hardware issue (without quite the coincidence). Even though it is perhaps unlikely, and if you already didn't do these, I might suggest running memtest86+ for a bit, and try to make sure the cables of the hard-drive(s) and such are OK (this mostly for a desktop though laptops may have similar issues).
    It does seem more and more like something that happens on the way from the server to your computer, that is, the network connection (router/modem\ISP problems).

I was actually remembering they were 'linked' archives, or in other words, one big package split into pieces but seems like I didn't quite remember right as I looked into the ones I downloaded when the test-server was made available for the public, it would seem they are all individual archives.

That's why I was asking if the unpacking stops at the same spot every time.

I will try to download the files again, just to make sure I can not re-produce the problem.
    Are you getting them for the EU or the NA region?
    Files from the links through 2 to 4, from up towards down in the post I linked to?
    I will likely just try them all if I don't see a reply before that.

Have you tried downloading anything else large'ish to see if it happens from other locations, too?

Just some more thoughts~
    I have downloaded Fallen Earth which is a huge file and had no issues. Yes, it is 2~4 NA and 1 unpacked with no issue. I am guessing there are others out there who have had a problem but have not posted in the forum. I tried this on another ISP at someone's house and same issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bellaluna; 03-24-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Alrighty. I just downloaded and successfully extracted the second file (http://wdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/preview/US/FFXITC.zip) so at least the files are OK at the origin.

The route they come to me though is likely to be very different (Europe), and even with another ISP around there, they are likely to use more or less the same routers at some point(s) but still different than for me.

One test you could do is use the commands ping and tracert to see if there is packet loss (ping wdl.square-enix.com) during the travel and to see where abouts it happens (tracert wdl.square-enix.com). If it is indeed a problem with a router company, there is little we can do. It basically comes down to informing your ISP of the problem as it is their job to inform the router companies and so on.

I will keep looking into this, and will post any further info if I can think of anything.

Good luck!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-25-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Character
    Bellalunaa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    ! C:\Users\name\Downloads\beta ffxi files\A11203W_001\A11203W_001.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    (0)