Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev 1109] Requesting the addition of Regen IV/V to Light Spirit

It's good that spirits are getting some attention to fix their deficiencies. However, light spirit still has the first tier of Regen, which doesn't make much sense. All of its other spells have increased in tier as it's leveled up (Cure, Banish, Holy, Dia). Why keep Regen I on light spirit when the usefulness of Regen I is next to nothing at higher levels? I'd like to either see Regen removed from the spirit's spell list, or an increase in the Regen to either IV or V (depending on whether or not you want Regen V to be unique to SCH, but I doubt this is the case, as light spirit has banish IV, which means that you're probably not adverse to giving spells to this spirit that are unique and/or rare). Thanks for your time.
    (2)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A bunch of spells are missing that spirits should get, light spirit: cure 6 (puppets get it why not light spirit, the incarnation of light magic?). Dark spirit: drain and aspir 2 and the later absorb spells. Also for ele spirits it would be nice if they got the helix spells (even if only at later levels than sch) to replace choke, burn, rasp. would be a nice way to change them to something more high level appropriate rather than just removing them altogether

Also now that endark and enlight are in the game why not give the spirits their respective en spells?
    (1)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 04-22-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    depending on whether or not you want Regen V to be unique to SCH
    Automaton already has Cure VI; pets generally get crappier stats and buffs then someone they'd be trying to mimic, so it would make sense to add Cure VI and Regen V to the Light Spirit, since they're going to be inherently worse then whatever job is supposed to have them exclusive.

Actually, that's not even entirely true. Cure VI is better for puppets then it is for White Mages. Why? White Mages have a limited MP pool and Cure VI is a crappy spell for MP efficiency, whereas puppets are more limited to how many spells they can cast in a particular period of time without doing something like overloading. Basically, Cure VI was or might have well been designed purely for pet usage, because it is a crappy cure spell that only had the purposes of emergency cure spell and something for idiots to QQ over White Mage having before White Mages pushed for the Cure Formula Changes (which sadly did not fix Cure VI, although it did many good things).

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Also for ele spirits it would be nice if they got the helix spells (even if only at later levels than sch) to replace choke, burn, rasp. would be a nice way to change them to something more high level appropriate rather than just removing them altogether

Also now that endark and enlight are in the game why not give the spirits their respective en spells?
    Hexlix spells sound legit. It would also be nice to see spirits get all the enspells, in addition to the weather spells. Maybe even single target barspells that the elementals cast on the Summoner only as well.
    (1)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with most of what you guys are saying, but I wanted to keep the request simple at first. Specifically, fix what's obviously broken, then push for more changes later. I agree with the Cure VI unlock as well; if pups have it, then there's no reason spirits shouldn't have it as well. Also, Curaga V should be available to light spirit as well. I don't agree on the enspell issue. I think spirits have enough worthless spells as it is; giving them enspells would just be giving them one more useless spell to cast when you want them to nuke instead.
    (0)