Character
    Cuthbertauge
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Major Connection/AH Search Issues Still

Details: Whenever logging in to POL or onto character (when I make it that far) since last fix (March 7th), I am experiencing extreme connectivity issues. I continually receive POL errors and am unable to connect to the game without spending about 45 mins logging in. When I am able to get into the game I receive consistent AH errors when trying to make purchases such as "Search Failed"
    Steps:
    1. Exited POL Viewer many times and restart; helps, but issues persist
    2. Restarted gaming system (XBox 360) yet problem persists and have no issues using XBox Gold account to do other online activities
    3. Checked internet connection and reset modem, yet issue persists and have no issues using online on PC
    Date & Time: 3/14/12 around 5:30pm
    Frequency: Constant
    Platform: XBox 360
    ISP: RCN
    Type of Internet Connection: Wireless/Cable
    (1)

Support Rep
    Cuthbertauge,

We do apologize for the continued problems you are experiencing when trying to log into the game. We do have a few suggestions on how to resolve this, provided below:

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    (0)

Character
    Elpon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 41
    I am also having all these issues from signing in to accessing the auction house. Everything has been fine and working the past couple days and only became a problem on March 23. I'm on Xbox and opened all the ports suggested. Based on this topic and a few others on here it looks like a problem on SE's side.
    (0)