Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Padan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Question about Aga spells.

I was wondering if there was plans in the future to remove or lighten the Aga nerf that was placed awhile back on aga spells. I mean a single target spell in abyssea can do 7k easy but a ga spell will do 2.2k on two mobs. I was wondering this because other jobs like War with fel cleave are able to do more on lots of mobs but Aga spells are still limited to small numbers. Thanks.
    (3)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What part of "Website Feedback and Suggestions" do you not understand? post in right section, this has nothing to do with the website.
    (2)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think a better comparison would be blue magic. That will do 5-7k to all targets in range. It does need more preparation to get those numbers, and it'll sacrifice melee potential (which is not a problem for BLM).
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Padn View Post
    I was wondering if there was plans in the future to remove or lighten the Aga nerf that was placed awhile back on aga spells. I mean a single target spell in abyssea can do 7k easy but a ga spell will do 2.2k on two mobs. I was wondering this because other jobs like War with fel cleave are able to do more on lots of mobs but Aga spells are still limited to small numbers. Thanks.
    Those numbers are completely made up. Two targets means just a loss of 15% of damage. So if you do 7k with a single nuke (also sounds made up) then a comparable AoE nuke on two targets would do 6k. If it doesn't it means you're comparing Thunder V to Stonega III.

Having said that, I still agree that it should be either changed for elemental nukes or applied to all forms of AoE damage, as others currently don't suffer from any penalty.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    WAR needs to TP to do those, BLM could (theoretically) spam back to back Aga spells as long as MP permits. Magic also never misses, it's guaranteed damage, Fell Cleave will always have at least a 5% chance to miss. In general TP moves get properties that magic doesnt because mp is cheaper and more readily available than tp(especially with convert/autorefresh/refresh/temps/conserve mp/manawell/aspir)
    (2)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I don't like that argument and here's why, all I ever hear are dd mocking blms dmg, mocking our mp pools, raving about damage they do after being supported through an entire fight, but yet act like the do it alone.... Blm has done it alone not because of choice, but because of toau birds... We finally are given a lil respect to our farming abilities, and then bonked by the nerf bat.... Mp being a little harder to come by, skills honed just as much as a dd, went through the gearing too..... Every job has it limits, Blm just has chackles instead of a leash.... Nerfing our drops off aga's is b.s. and everyone knows it.
    (2)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    WAR needs to TP to do those, BLM could (theoretically) spam back to back Aga spells as long as MP permits. Magic also never misses, it's guaranteed damage, Fell Cleave will always have at least a 5% chance to miss. In general TP moves get properties that magic doesnt because mp is cheaper and more readily available than tp(especially with convert/autorefresh/refresh/temps/conserve mp/manawell/aspir)
    Because with 10+ mobs and Retaliation + the return TP from taking damage mans that your scraping your nails to get TP right? I feel so bad for WARs and they're dire need for buffs to get 100 TP.

There shouldn't be a penalty for aoe spells, a WAR doesn't have any penalty while they're bathing to TP within seconds. There are alot of forms of Refresh and MP, sure. But most of our sources come from the outside, either having atma specifically for it or temp items that you must first obtain from chests or on timers. Relationation can be kept up 100% of the time and ensure insane TP gain when holding a large group of mobs, BLM holding a large group gains nothing and loses on all sides due to the nerf.
    (6)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    - war can WS 2-3 times while the blm cast a single spell
    - WS can't be interupted by damage
    - saveTP,conservTP,meditate,regain,wings, HIT monster
    (4)

Player
    So? A BLM can Thundaja > Sleepga > Blizzaja.

You also forget BLM is a ranged attack. They can aoe from 20' away whereas a melee has to be within 3-5'. That reason alone is enough for SE to deem splitting damage on BLM to be prudent. Also WAR is pretty much the only melee that can SPAM AoE back to back because no other job has TP generation like they do against a swarm of mobs(and sekkanoki from /SAM is only 2 WS so that doesn't count.) So just because ONE job can spam moderate damage aoes back to back on a swarm of mobs(basically suicide solo outside of abyssea) you want them to change all AoE magic? Did you forget BLM aga spells do way more damage than fell cleave too? Fell Cleave outside of abyssea on relevant level mobs probably does 1400-1600 depending on buffs whereas an AoE nuke would do well over 2k+.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    People need to stop comparing things inside abyssea, that is make believe land where fairy's live and give you milk and cookies.

Outside of Abyssea the mechanics are more favorable to BLMs, a WAR spamming FC will get his a$$ handed to him rather quickly.

Why are we comparing FC burn to BLM's anyway? FC is now really that good, BLU CW burn does way more yet requires more gear / skill to pull off. You guys should be complaining about BLU burns not FC spam.

For the whole "magic" damage thing, I've always thought a monster being "weak" to an element should mean it takes 10~50% additional damage from that element, not only lower resistance. Would make spells other then Thunder / Blizzard relevant for more then procs.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast