Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Player
    If it weren't for leeching, there'd only be 2-3 SMN per server. Almost all of them were invited to exp parties based on subjob skills.
    (1)

Character
    Loshiniloi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Why stop points? Why not get all the leveling done at once and then learn how the job works? There's more opportunities to learn about the job at higher levels than lower, unless you actually do content at 80~90, like try to solo sea or sky or things like that. Apart from that it's best to shoot for the top and then devote time and patience to the job.
    That is true, I completely agree with you. But when you take into account of how easy Sky and Sea is if you have a good stratrgy and job layout put together its really just treating your experience with kid gloves or no gloves at all.
    (0)
    Anime-Gunpla Fan, Roleplayer, Gaming Addict don't send help! Master Samurai of Siren Server. I assure you *picks up Sledgehammer* I know exactly what I'm doing! Message for discord, telegram or roleplay profile.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For every 20 tp you spend on steps, you get 100 tp back from reverse flourish. You need to learn to play DNC better, or learn something about the job.
    I can spend more than 100 TP in the time it takes to do 2 steps. You need to learn to play DNC better, or learn something about the job.

No, my definition of leeching is a DNC being useless. The job has a terrible enough reputation without bad players making it worse.
    And my definition of trolling is this quotation. What planet are you on where DNC has a 'terrible' reputation anyway? Last I checked every DD on the planet loved haste samba and steps if nothing else.

DNC can be used in many ways in many situations in many events. They're not useless, and a couple of people with an unusual means of handling a problem situation does not detract from any intelligent person's opinion of the job. And by 'intelligent' I mean an IQ greater than that of a smart rock.

You're right. It's a MMO. If you don't want to level X job that makes Y event more efficient, take someone else who does.
    Well, duh. This is why it's called a massively multiplayer role playing game. You're SUPPOSED to pool your capabilties with other players, inviting other people who play the classes you don't if you really need them. Frankly though, that unless a WHM is absolutely required for an event, I really don't give a damn who does the healing as long as people don't die. WHMs don't make enemies die faster, they make *you* NOT die faster. If other people can make you *not die* fast enough, then the WHM's impact on your 'make them die' efficiency is zero.

Number of jobs levelled has no bearing on this.
    You say this now, but any elitist will tell you to go level another job if you don't have the most optimal one. "PUP? No thanks, go level WAR plz! SMN? DNC? SCH? Go level WHM plz. DRK? lolDRK." It's nice if you don't use number of jobs leveled as an indicator of how good a player is, but it happens far too often.

Also calling Abyssea NMs dangerous doesn't speak much for your credibility.
    There are abyssea NMs that can be called "dangerous" if you aren't using a brew. My credibility isn't hurting at all.

Troll bait taken, hope you were happy and had popcorn ready. Leeching? well, I'd post something on topic, but I've already repeated my thoughts there a few times already. Leeching is only bad if someone your group didn't specifically allow to leech is leeching when he/she was needed for a real purpose.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-25-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    wait, there are people who still play dnc as a healing job...
    (1)

Its not only skill you need but its also good gear. Avesta didn't get that good in 20 mins dear. And if you don't know who that is check out youtube. Was soloing stuff at lvl 75 when that was the level cap =o
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    wait, there are people who still play dnc as a healing job...
    There are. Being one of those i can tell you... despite the ocasional 'Spot Healing' you are Petty Mutch sitting on you Tp. Not Wsing at a Time where its save to ws is a 'Sin'
    but not being able to make up for that tp (you lost in WSing) is a gearter 'sin'. And haveing Saber Dance doesnt mean you have to put it on all Day.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    .... And by 'intelligent' I mean an IQ greater than that of a smart rock.
    Starting to like you~ made my day!
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Archmage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Leeching Bad or Good? Here is what I think...

Is it bad or good?

-Here is why I think it is a bad thing... there is no fun in having to pay every where for EXP/Merit and I dont like having to fork about 450k-500k to a RMT that I just know going to sell my gil to make RL cash or make Relics. It seams that you cant even PT in Pal Mines or Abyssea without paying

-Here is the good things... you can get your levels very fast and dont need to be by the game and do something else and if you need you can get 30 merits just like that

Other Notes:
    Abyssea Leach needs to be at less 70+ to enter Like Dynamis
    and its not like your paying for your skills ups lol :P
    (0)

Character
    Lordos
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What i think about leeching. FC party i guess everyone is agreeing with me that leeching. For me is even Keying leeching or going afk more then 5 minute it's leeching. FC is like a cheat ingame, after the cheat you are max lvl it not so fast like a cheat but hase same effect. Keying is also a cheat you are abusing a Bug ingame for getting faster exp. Yeah it not so bad like FC leeching but still bad. I missing the old exp party i had so much fun even it took so long it was fun. I have no plan's in lvling any job because lvl is boring 2 lvl, Book burn no thanks -.- 18 ppl abusing a ep mob :X. For me even Book burn with 18 ppl kind of leeching.

Leeching is Bad without question. Cheating and Leeching is same. Lvling is a part of the game (for me the bigst part), and when you take this part away, what remains??? noting tbh.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lordos; 03-26-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordos View Post
    Leeching is Bad without question. Cheating and Leeching is same. Lvling is a part of the game (for me the bigst part), and when you take this part away, what remains??? noting tbh.
    3rd party tools is cheating.

Leeching is getting past the (never was fun, never will be) grind that exists in all mmo's, without wasting your life.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Keying is also a cheat you are abusing a Bug ingame for getting faster exp.
    No. This is not a bug, this was deliberately done by SE. You can tell easily, because they already had a working system that would lower EXP rewards if the level difference between party members was too great, namely the regular old EXP system. Yet they decided, for some reason, to remove the EXP penalty for that. Why do you think that was? Do you think they accidentally rewrote the entire EXP system?

It also shows that they considered the case of low level players, which is why don't get any EXP at first, until you kill a bunch of mobs, if your level is too low.

Lvling is a part of the game (for me the bigst part), and when you take this part away, what remains??? noting tbh.
    Then what do all those cheaters do with all the time they save by cheating EXP, if there is nothing else? That's one of the most ignorant opinions I've ever heard. It seems like you've never done anything but EXP in your whole FFXI career. Let me ask you, seeing how you're Lv99, what do you do currently?
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast