Thread: /Ammo Command?

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

/Ammo Command?

What do i hate about ranger most?! Ammo prices... That and those dirty crafters. Oh wait, thats what everyone hates. Also, KI-DDING!

When i play ranger there is ONE thing i would love to see for a command to merge with my shooting macro. Plain and simple, /ammo. What would this do? Simple! Lets say my firing macro is this!

/ra <stnpc>
    /wait 6
    /ammo

Chain of events that follows?
    Weapon is drawn > Weapon Fires > Damage inflicted > Wait Delay ends > Information outputted into text box.

Something along the lines of...

(Name) Inflicts 241 damage on the <Monster>!
    Ammunition: Antlion Arrows (91)

See this while not essential could help for saving time knowing when to use a new quiver between fights, sure it takes a half second to check your ammo, but why not make it simpler? I shall post a redirect to this in the cor forums too.
    (6)

I'd be happy if it just did this natively without an added macro line.
    Pushing things already on an Xbox 360
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Esvedium
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    I'd be happy if it just did this natively without an added macro line.
    Pushing things already on an Xbox 360
    Stop playing on inferior hardware.
    (0)
    Convictions are a more dangerous enemy of truth than lies.

Could ask for the same for Ninjutsu tools too. I generally just keep 1 full stack, plus the partial stack I have equipped, then my quiver. This way you don't need to keep checking, just have an /equip macro in your shoot macro and look for 'equipment changed', or have a separate line to equip it that you can hit as soon as you see 'you do not have an appropriate ranged weapon equipped'.

Alternatively, just have a macro:

/item "Ammo Quiver" <me> <wait 2>
    /equip ammo "Ammo"

That at least saves you hunting though menus to find your quiver^^
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    For me its more of convenience. Ofcourse there could be a better command for nintools too but id see it being a bit more complicated, something like /stock "item". But with a /ammo command it would just tell you what ammo you have equipped, without needing the context for the ammo. For me its not a "What if i run out, then i need to pop a new macro or go to my menu!" as much as those few times ive popped barrage with 2-3 bolts/bullets/arrows left and wondered "wtf, why didnt i get the damage/tp i was expecting!?"

Dont get me wrong, id be all for one for nintools and other items like cards for cor, but i see it being easier to implement for ammo specifically.
    (0)

the /ammo command seems workable and useful, SE get on it. As to the comment on nin tools, while I agree it would be just as nice I think it would be much harder to do. Ammo has a slot, nin tools are just in your pack, I imagine a system check without an address would be much harder to implement. Still, if you can, do it SE, please.

Or, just as likely, don't require a command, make it an automatic countdown when you reach 10 left. Then we all know not to Barrage when we only have 2 ammo left.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Or, just as likely, don't require a command, make it an automatic countdown when you reach 10 left. Then we all know not to Barrage when we only have 2 ammo left.
    Hard for me to remember whilst I'm not on the game, but if you equip ammo via macro I think it automatically defaults to a 99 stack instead of a part stack? If so, with auto-sort switched on:

/ja "Barrage" <me>
    /equip ammo <wait 1>
    /equip ammo "Ammo"

As long as you keep on top of always having a spare stack, should mean that you never waste a barrage.
    (0)