Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

regardinf TH - unbalanced pet jobs

Since one of the last updates BST got take away TH3 for 2 of it's pets.
    But considering that those pets still got TH1 and are the one of the better tanking pets BST still got an unfair advantage over other pet jobs who have to sacrifice abilities for TH.

So SE - there are 2 options

#1 no TH for any pet job
    #2 a basic TH for every pet job

It's up to you but I think #1 is the better option
    (1)

TH is a horrible concept anyway they should just get rid of it all together. Needing to bring a certain job to increase drop rate just ends up being a pain.
    (10)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Wow, this is just childish.

They already decided, tier I with gear to go up to tier 3 or higher, deal with it!
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Honestly, do we really need to make BST any less wanted than it already is?
    (9)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Honestly, do we really need to make BST any less wanted than it already is?
    They don't want BST to exist, they never got parties at 75, they don't get parties now, but hell, to some people they shouldn't be able to solo so..... yeah!!
    (4)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    First off, Thief and Ranger can induce Treasure Hunter? Do people consider this unfair to everyone else? Why are pet jobs any more special?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    #2 a basic TH for every pet job

I have a feeling Dragoons everywhere will go along just fine without being on this particular piece of gear, and they can wait for some sort of all jobs gear in the future, if there ever is any.

Pet jobs aren't magically special compared to everyone else.
    (0)
    Last edited by Economizer; 03-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    First off, Thief and Ranger can induce Treasure Hunter? Do people consider this unfair to everyone else? Why are pet jobs any more special?

I have a feeling Dragoons everywhere will go along just fine without being on this particular piece of gear, and they can wait for some sort of all jobs gear in the future, if there ever is any.

Pet jobs aren't magically special compared to everyone else.
    I know right!

Ultimately OP wants it on PUP, so if they don't want gear for themselves SE might give them it, in the form of a Frame/Head that'll never be used, also they said Pet: TH gear was coming, no way it'll be just BST. Most likely like the Haste Belt: PUP SMN DRG BST
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 03-16-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I know right!

Ultimately OP wants it on PUP, so if they don't want gear for themselves SE might give them it, in the form of a Frame/Head that'll never be used, also they said Pet: TH gear was coming, no way it'll be just BST. Most likely like the Haste Belt: PUP SMN DRG BST
    Frame/heads are VERY expensive to add to the game due to the frame x head combinations. Attachments on the other hand are not.

So BST has it on specific pets, while PUP likely gets an attachment and SMN probably as a trait on a summon like Cait Sith. (Assuming it's on par with Carbuncle rather then a 2hr summon.) DRG might get it as a gear option boosting the pet with the trait.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Frame/heads are VERY expensive to add to the game due to the frame x head combinations. Attachments on the other hand are not.

So BST has it on specific pets, while PUP likely gets an attachment and SMN probably as a trait on a summon like Cait Sith. (Assuming it's on par with Carbuncle rather then a 2hr summon.) DRG might get it as a gear option boosting the pet with the trait.
    Perhaps, difference being the two pets are actual THF's, and as I say I'm 99% sure SE will just add the gear for all jobs rather than just BST so it'll be obtainable for all pets.

It's just silly to ask for all pet jobs the gain the benefit of another pet job just because... If we we're going like that I'd want the same abilities of other pet jobs for BST, such as zoning and only attacking one enemy I tell it too.

As for Cait Sith, didn't they already say it was like Carbuncle with Atomos being a 2-hour?
    (4)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The point is... every other Job besides THF or RNG has to sub THF for TH or equip items that garant TH while to get back to the topic.
    #1 BST got a bunch of abilities that let the pet tank while he can just sit back and watch.
    #2 Those pets are nearly immortal
    #3 BST doesn't have to sacrifice anything for TH cause his tanking pet has a natural TH

And #1 - #3 is an unfair advantage over every other petjob and other non petjob.

PS: I play PUP, DRG, SMN, BSR, WAR, THF and DNC and it's obvious that BST is atm the best choice (not to say an exploit) for tanking and geting better drops due TH.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ihnako; 03-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast