Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    The point is... every other Job besides THF or RNG has to sub THF for TH or equip items that garant TH while to get back to the topic.
    #1 BST got a bunch of abilities that let the pet tank while he can just sit back and watch.
    #2 Those pets are nearly immortal
    #3 BST doesn't have to sacrifice anything for TH cause his tanking pet has a natural TH

And #1 - #3 is an unfair advantage over every other petjob and other non petjob.

PS: I play PUP, DRG, SMN, BSR, WAR, THF and DNC and it's obvious that BST is atm the best choice (not to say an exploit) for tanking and geting better drops due TH.
    Come update BST will only get tier I, the same tier available on an item you get from a chest in Abyssea which you have on for one hit and remove god forbid, if you class that as such a bad thing does that mean you don't gear swap for WS' it's no different.

The point being SE finally did something right in giving BST's THF pets TH as it should have been, people complained "Wah! BST's in Dynamis are killing things too quickly in the lvl.75 Dynamis NERF NERF NERF" to which they went and did.

If DRG, PUP, SMN, WAR or DNC was a THF then I could understand where you're coming from, as it stands You have not a leg to stand on, basically you're argument is: BST got THF pets with TH, I want it for all my other jobs too, it's not fair! I don't care if none of these jobs are THF it's not fair, it's not fair.

Each job has different benefits, as an Example PUP, DRG and SMN has things BST should get. Will SE give it to them? No, of course they wont under the guise of lolBalance.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 03-17-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    PS: I play PUP, DRG, SMN, BSR, WAR, THF and DNC and it's obvious that BST is atm the best choice (not to say an exploit) for tanking and geting better drops due TH.
    Or anybody can just invite a THF or RNG and get better drops than the BST.

It's fine the way it is.
    (1)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Or anybody can just invite a THF or RNG and get better drops than the BST.

It's fine the way it is.
    That would be an option but that would need SE to change it's crap policy.
    Sorry to say it again. A BST is the BEST tank in Dynamis (and a bunch of other events) while having it's own THF.
    If a BST dies in Dynamis - he was just to greedy or stupid.
    Sorry to say it but as BST I've only to spend a few k to get what other people have to teamup for.

So the only solution is to take away this advantage cause there is no need for it except SE wants us to play BST.
    But therefore I don't see a reason? This job was fine right before it got the THF pet and now after they lowered it it's still uber.

Oh I forgot... we'r playing a massive soloplayer online jrpg
    (0)

Player
    (and a bunch of other events)
    Care to elaborate on this? Yes, BST is great at dynamis, this is an exception created by a perfect alignment of stars and planets. But, to say BST is good at Abyssea/Nyzul/Limbus/Salvage/Assault without considering SMN, MNK, THF, DNC all also excel at these would be a mistake. BST is good VS weak mobs TW/EP/DC after that its far too expensive to maintain healing for minimal increase in use. (This assuming Jugs not Charm) Now, If BST is considered to excel at Voidwatch/WoE/Neo-Nyzul I recommend re-examining how they function in such an environment.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Sorry to say it again. A BST is the BEST tank in Dynamis (and a bunch of other events) while having it's own THF.
    Sorry to say it but as BST I've only to spend a few k to get what other people have to teamup for.

So the only solution is to take away this advantage cause there is no need for it except SE wants us to play BST.
    But therefore I don't see a reason? This job was fine right before it got the THF pet and now after they lowered it it's still uber.

Here is a tip for you buddy- If you want people to take you seriously, TYPE LIKE A HUMAN BEING

Nearly every point you have made is either out of context or blatently wrong. Besides Dynamis (not even really content anyway...) name one event BST is the best job at?

Ya know what, I'm done.....after really thinking about how I could respond to you, Ive decided you are beyond helping.

1) No one agrees with what you are saying
    2) No one will ever agree with what you are saying
    3) Stop posting
    (10)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    BST is only great in its pet tanking against its owner. For anyone else, the pet cant generate enough hate. BST only works as a tank when you're around nothing but BSTs and SMNs. Stop trying to make it sound like BST is better than a PLD MNK or NIN for tanking anything.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12

Sorry to say: You're talking out of your backside.
    (4)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    TH is a horrible concept anyway they should just get rid of it all together. Needing to bring a certain job to increase drop rate just ends up being a pain.
    That and it causes the developers to center design around TH instead of making the job functional and TH a mere tertiary bonus.

Ideally, up drop rates across the board, nerf or get rid of TH, fix THF.
    (2)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I pretty much am in a RL forced break from FFXI. And as such i've tried to refrain from commenting on a game that i'm currently not playing, but for crying out loud ...

Since one of the last updates BST got take away TH3 for 2 of it's pets.
    But considering that those pets still got TH1 and are the one of the better tanking pets BST still got an unfair advantage over other pet jobs who have to sacrifice abilities for TH.

So SE - there are 2 options

#1 no TH for any pet job
    #2 a basic TH for every pet job

It's up to you but I think #1 is the better option

One of the things i've gotten so sick of over the years are ppl like you OP that make ridiculous demands of SE for no other reason than a severe case of the ol' 'green-eyed monster'.

I'm not a BST in any way shape or form and even i have been taken aback by how little of a notion SE has for that job. Its always been 2 steps forward and 5 steps back and to the side. SE is doing quite a good job of gutting that job without your jealousy-driven 2 cents.

Now as its obvious you are one of those delusional new breed PUP that i was seeing more and more of recently, i will not belabor the issue-i'll just say if you want TH to be a natural part of your job w/o having to rely on /sub or gear, swap to THF, RNG, or BST for goodness' sake and call it a day.

....or if you are actually wanting to broaden PUP's horizons, why not ask SE instead for a revamp on how many of the hard to get attachments are obtained? Because personally, i think that is a much more pressing issues for PUP atm. SE earned much goodwill from me with the recent AI fixes, but they still need to address the fact that some attachments just are not within the grasp of every PUP out there who wants them.
    (4)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Just another dumb noob that wants more for his job.

Drg and pup are the only pet jobs with out access to it yes, but why do pet jobs have to have it? Why not add it to other jobs? What makes it so special? You have thf job pets with it because its a job based game and that's the pets job...

One could argue that a pet should have higher th trait because much like in real life search dogs and cats are used for their highten sensesand their ability to find what humans otherwise have no way of finding. Now using this more "logical logic" beastmaster pets should have the highest TH trait more so then thf...

But this is a game and as such the cry babys have to have their way and feel special and unique.
    (2)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast