Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Shenul
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Put FFXI on Games on Demand

So Microsoft has this cool little feature where publishers an opt to take their disc titles and have players download them instead. This leads to really cool little bonuses, such as not having to go get the game disc for a game that is already installed to my HDD. And it also solves the problem of trying to find a copy of an out of print title.

Seriously SE, put the Ultimate Collection up as a Game on Demand. Utilize the tools that the console makers give you.
    (6)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Like this?
    (4)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Like this?
    To my knowledge, Steam services aren't available on Xbox, or am I mistaken? I believe the OP was talking about the Xbox now, even if they didn't mention it specifically. Not that I wanna encourage more people to take up the ill-advised hobby of consoleXI, but since it's already there, it wouldn't hurt to put it up on Games on Demand to ease the pain of the pour souls who try to play this game on such a machine.
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    To my knowledge, Steam services aren't available on Xbox, or am I mistaken? I believe the OP was talking about the Xbox now, even if they didn't mention it specifically. Not that I wanna encourage more people to take up the ill-advised hobby of consoleXI, but since it's already there, it wouldn't hurt to put it up on Games on Demand to ease the pain of the pour souls who try to play this game on such a machine.
    Valve is working on an Xbox version of Steam, but it's going to be awhile. M$ is reluctant to allow it on Live. GoD is similar, from the looks of it, but not as indy friendly.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Nothing wrong with ffxi on the 360. I played on ps2/360 for years barely any issues outside of 1 red ring but my current 360 has yet had issues. never froze in any event either such as besidged (sp) or campaing. Anyway just putting 2 cents out there. (ps ffxi was made for consel then ported to pc)

anyway... the reason they don't is the same reason ffxiv isn't on the 360, and the abyssea edition is pc digital dl only. Microsoft only let ffxi as a one time thing. Microsoft is making it so you HAVE TO use gold to do much of anything. FFXI only needs silver, every other game with online requires gold. Which is $60 a year. Unlike ps3 which psn+ is just $50 but is not required to play online. Infact by the looks of it Microsoft regreats allowing ffxi on the 360. Due to lack of support for 360 issues people have with ffxi.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    Nothing wrong with ffxi on the 360.
    Not only does the Xbox not have Windower, which alone makes it not only not nothing wrong, but quite a lot wrong, but also it has no options to improve graphics over the inherent limitations of the machine, which is also outdated by now. It won't ever be as bad as the PS2 limitations, but it still imposes restrictions and oddities that only apply for a compratively small portion of the playerbase, which the development team, whose time is more valuable than ever, has to work around and as such cannot devote the same effort to new content or even old content that needs some attention. The multi-platform enterprise they took on with XI was an experiment, one that succeeded, actually, but which wasn't suited for the long-lived nature of the MMOG FFXI turned out to be. As it is now, both the Xbox and the PS2 are a hindrance in the development and maintenance of FFXI.
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Not only does the Xbox not have Windower, which alone makes it not only not nothing wrong, but quite a lot wrong...
    What is wrong on this post is that the poster is blatantly and openly admitting ToS breaking.

As an console player I do not feel "hurt" or "mangled" or having an arm less for not having access to "productivity tools".

Anything that makes the game easier to play than what was intended by the developer (crutch ?) will hurt the balance and empower people who do not deserve to be powerful as the said person is not playing by the rules.

I have nothing else to say about this.

Anyway, I say this for your own safety, 3rd party tools are not something people should talk about here, period. If you like them, neat. But keep the talk about them away from this forum. Again, for your own sake.
    (2)

Character
    Atima
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    fixed. Also, you are a console user, not an console user. And there is no reason the game should be as "difficult" as it is to play on the ps2/xbox.. we have 16 gear slots.. There should be at least 18 macro lines.

Also, i agree with the OP. Having to use the disc when you play on a console is just retarded. It's not like you can play the game without a subscription by installing from someone else's discs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nitrous24; 03-16-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    What is wrong on this post is that the poster is blatantly and openly admitting ToS breaking.
    No, but that is not the point anyway. What I said still stands.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Valve is working on an Xbox version of Steam, but it's going to be awhile. M$ is reluctant to allow it on Live. GoD is similar, from the looks of it, but not as indy friendly.
    I would think they wouldn't allow it because Steam is infinitely better than any other online distribution service, and it would compete with microsoft's own online game sales.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast