Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post

Depends on your definitions of adequate and advanced. Your head piece is prime example. If you bought it recently than you got ripped off for 20% more than what it's worth for very minor improvements in areas you probably didn't need them in to begin with. But since you're an elitist (remember what I say about those?) you probably paid for it as soon as it came out in which case you have my condolences for getting jacked.

For the entire thread you're calling others elitists because they're calling others noob for not gear swapping, but in the end you're really no different....you call others getting ripped off and getting jacked by buying HQ, for me it sounds like everyone that buys HQ are dumb ppl making wrong choice when you said that.

So what's the difference, between you and "elitists"? Calling ppl not swapping "doing wrong", and calling ppl buying HQ "getting ripped off", it's really all the same. It is "elitists"'s choice to pay for the HQ, and it's their 13$ a month, they have all the right to do so.

As I previously mentioned, if you believe NQ/not swapping gear can get your job done, go play with none elitist ppl with same POV. If you just love HQ gears and that small amount of difference it made, and thinks everyone not swapping gears are noobs, then don't play with noobs. Buying HQ/NQ, swapping gear or not swapping, in the end it's all your own choice. The difference between those who choose not to gear swap and those who choose to get ripped off for HQ is, those who choose not to gear swap is going to affect other pt member due to lower performance, thus not everyone will be happy with that(that's why many players call others doing it wrong if they don't swap gears). Those who choose to pay over priced HQ are going to increase entire pt performance by spending extra effort, that's why entire thread is against you.

It's just a game, there's really no point to get butthurt over it. If you think not doing gear swap/using NQ isn't doing it wrong, then go play with ppl that accepts it, but I'm going to tell you, whether you like it or not, not everyone is happy if one person it pt is lowering pt performance, just like not everyone will be happy if another person calling ppl noob. That's just the way it goes.

Personally I wouldn't outright call ppl "noob" in their face if they don't gear swap because it's rude. If it's close friend I may tell them you doing wrong if I see someone not doing things properly, but I do that to help them increase performance, and I don't do that to strangers because some ppl have ego <-----------------------> this big and may felt offended. And it's certainly kinda annoying to be labeled as "elitist" when others are just trying to give suggestions to help increase other ppl's performance.
    (3)

Yes I do require proof, which you must provide because the burden of proof requires that someone making a positive claim (you making the claim that stats or a close estimate exists, for example) must provide evidence. I trust you'll be doing that sometime soon?
    A lot of mobs stats can be determined by different methods. Like the easiest of which is evasion. If you /check something and it says "low evasion," then remove accuracy until the "low evasion" goes away, you can determine what it's total evasion is from that. AGL is factored into evasion, to find this you can stack DEX and parse your crit rate until you hit the cap. Crit rate caps at 20% when your DEX is 50 points above the mobs AGL. Using these 2 methods you now know the mobs total evasion, and actual AGL, and you can use these numbers to determine it's evasion (Since AGL would be factored into it's total evasion you need to take that out of the equation).

Now that you know the mobs evasion, AGL and total evasion, you can then parse different amounts of accuracy until you hit 95% hit rate, which is the cap. So now you would have a weak mob, and know it's AGL, Evasion and how much accuracy you need to cap hit rate on it. You could then do these tests on lots of other mobs of different levels that you can /check, not NMs, and then devise the formula used to determine your hit rate vs a mobs evasion and AGL.

You can then use this knowledge of hit rate, and the formula you created for it, and apply it to something harder, like Akvan, that you don't know the stats of, and go parse a bunch of them with different levels of accuracy and that will tell you how much total evasion Akvan has. Then you can do the DEX test again til you cap crit rate to figure out it's AGL. This is how mob stats were determined, and how all the formulas that were not released by SE were determined. BTW, alot of the formulas for damage and different things were actually released by SE in Japanese publications and told to people in interviews and stuff, and said by DEVs on these forums. Like when they were talking about Gallants roll and the changes they wanted to make to it. They gave out the actual formula for how damage taken from mobs is calculated, and released Ig Alimas stats. And guess what, it's wasn't actually different from what players have been using for years.

Anyway, there's tests like this you can do to determine every stat a mob has. And just to check if they're accurate, you could do these tests on Ig Alima, and see if they come out correctly, since Ig's stats were posted by the DEV team on these forums not to long ago. After you figure out mob stats for a few different mobs, you could use those stats and your stats, and parse your damage against the mob, then change your STR and attack and parse some more, to figure out the equations for how damage is calculated. This is what people actually did, years ago, to figure this stuff out. People use these equations everyday to figure out what gear they should be using, and what their damage averages should be, and their hit rate and crit rate and tons of other stuff. If something was wrong to the point it mattered at all, people would of noticed years ago.
    (4)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 04-22-2012 at 04:50 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I have to give credit where credit is due > Trisscar > Thank you so much for reviving the Official Forums thread on BG. This forum was turning into a wasteland of funny before this arrived.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Any of the LWNM? Any mob at all? Can't do that?
    If you are refusing game mechanics, can you at least use correct game TERMINOLOGY? wtf is LWNM
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Logwatch lol.

Also lol @ the threads tags.
    (1)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    No, I REFUSE to be whooshed by such a person.....
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9