Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Fast Cast isn't really worth setting on Blu, especially not since at least on live servers, it's only 5% Fast Cast with 2 spells set. Not sure if that really is a bug, or if SE is doing it intentionally.
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    /BLM offer's very little for a Blue Mage. Seeing a person go /BLM to Voidwatch usually suugests they

A) Are only /BLM for Warp 1 and Warp 2. >.>
    B) Don't know what the fuck they're doing. >.>
    C) Their Blue Magic Skill is so low they need Elemental Seal to land procs.
    (3)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashan View Post
    My best friend is levelling BLU atm and is absolutely loving it. I'm really amazed with her enthusiasm to want to play the job well and seeing her grow is practically the only reason I log in.
    I'm STILL going to make you finish my alts lb10 quest. (Thanks for making me blush though =P)
    (0)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    There's much better gear. People who do not swap gear on BLU are, quite frankly, imbeciles. Do not be one of them. Examples of gear sets may be found on my FFXIAH page. Mavi head, body, and legs are acceptable pieces for TP until you acquire the harder to get pieces in those sets. Aim for the big hitters of DD stats for your TP set, focusing on DEX, Double Attack, Triple Attack, Accuracy, Attack, and Critical Hit Rate. The rest should be self explanatory and you should be able to draw reasonable conclusions as to what would be good in what slot based on my sets.
    I had a look at your sets and this is where I must quote myself: Being elite is worse than being an outright noob.

Do not have unrealistic about what to learn or what to gear Mr OP. Pace yourself and get what gear you can reasonably achieve. If you don't have uber gear to macro into than don't feel embarrassed, and the rest will work out just fine.

Proto, good going on your gear. I hope someday to have gear even half as good someday.
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    I had a look at your sets and this is where I must quote myself: Being elite is worse than being an outright noob.

Do not have unrealistic about what to learn or what to gear Mr OP. Pace yourself and get what gear you can reasonably achieve. If you don't have uber gear to macro into than don't feel embarrassed, and the rest will work out just fine.

Proto, good going on your gear. I hope someday to have gear even half as good someday.
    Seconded.

It's not about having the best gear. It's just about knowing how to use what you have.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Now, I solo'd BLU to 75 way back when and farmed spells about every ten levels. This was ideal for me, but probably not for you, but here's some solid advice: Target as many spells you're missing in one area as is possible, know what exact monsters teach what spells and where and under what conditions they use them if any. BLU, more than any other job in the game, is all about power from knowledge.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I provided easier to acquire pieces in the post as well, and specifically mentioned that the gear sets are models not ultimatums.
    (0)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    I provided easier to acquire pieces in the post as well, and specifically mentioned that the gear sets are models not ultimatums.
    "People who do not gear swap are imbeciles" sound familiar to you? Because you are the one who said it. That is an ultimatum any way you look at it and one that only an elitist would make. I've recently acquired some macro sets (after spending a week of sleepless days and nights pushing for it) for CDC, my attitude is "Gear swap is ideal, not a mandate".
    (0)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Now Mr OP, what do I mean by 'be reasonable in gear'? Let's take a look at Prothscar's Ocelomoth Headpiece +1:

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelomoth Headpiece +1
    DEF:32 DEX+13 AGI+13 Haste+7% Adds "Regen" effect Set: "Triple Attack"+3%
    It's worth around 5 million gil. Now let us compare it to it's NQ version, worth around 1 million gil:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelomoth Headpiece
    DEF:31 DEX+12 AGI+12 Haste+6% Adds "Regen" effect Set: "Triple Attack"+3%
    As you can clearly see the difference between the two isn't very significant and extra +1 agi, dex & def, and an extra +1% haste isn't going to make a huge impact on your life and even without breaking out a calculator you can see the drastic price increase simply isn't warranted and since there is this apparently unknown thing called caps that limits just how much the stats can effect your performance the HQ simply isn't worth getting. Period.

Therefor the HQ can be safely disregarded as 'reasonable gear'.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    "People who do not gear swap are imbeciles" sound familiar to you? Because you are the one who said it. That is an ultimatum any way you look at it and one that only an elitist would make. I've recently acquired some macro sets (after spending a week of sleepless days and nights pushing for it) for CDC, my attitude is "Gear swap is ideal, not a mandate".
    Gear swapping isn't elitist, that's how you play the job and the game. The magnitude of the gear being swapped is based upon the player's current place in the game. If you're TPing, WSing, casting all of your spells, and taking damage in one set of gear, you are doing it wrong. That's by 97% of the playerbase's definition at least, not only us nazi elitists. There's no excuse besides laziness for it as it takes all but an hour to write sufficient macros to swap gear properly.
    (8)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 04-20-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast