Character
    Bleu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

[dev1097] Mouse control

I don't typically post on the forums but I was interested to see improvements to keyboard/mouse.

I have a simple request - please allow a mouse right button + drag to move the camera directly instead of dragging the camera around with that silly arrow.

The mouse controls (ok, input in general) in FFXI have always been abysmal. I'm happy to see the dev team is working on this but please go all the way and do it right. Aion was a wonderful example of mouse controls done well in an MMO - I'd be more than trilled if FFXI simply used the same scheme.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Also an option to turn of using the mouse for movement.
    (1)

Character
    Bleu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    That too. I can't count the number of times I've bumped the mouse and the screen starting spinning out of control on me.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ð

I don't think I have ever had an issue with the controls of FFXI.
    That is to say, I like them, so I can't quite understand how they seem abysmal to someone else.

For the camera movement, am I correct if I assume you would want it to move the same way it does with a game-pad, or with the arrow-keys of a keyboard? The arrow-keys are what I mainly use to move the camera, and the num-pad for movement. Rarely I play with a PS2-controller, which actually is great but I do so much multi-tasking that it is much more comfortable to just full-time the keyboard.
    I don't really see much difference in the end result of moving it via the mouse, or the keys/pad, so perhaps I'm just not really grasping what you mean.

If you want an example of true-abysmal character controlling, find a time-machine, and join the closed Alpha or ßeta phase of FFXIV. >:Ð

As for "bumping the mouse and sending the camera spinning", are you aware of the option to disable panning at the edges of the screen?

Just some thoughts~
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.