Character
    Okita
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

[Suggestion] Alexandrite and the mythic time sink

This post is in regards to the current state of affairs surrounding the completion of a mythic weapon. As most people understand mythic is without a doubt the hardest of the 3 "special" weapon grades to obtain. I'm not suggesting to make this an easier task but with the recent changes to dynamis, one goes to think... What about salvage and alexandrite?

Currently I do salvage, as well as dynamis, on a daily basis and the output for each is hardly comparable. On a good day I might get a little over 100 alexandrite, depending if the boss drops or not, whereas in dynamis I see over 2 times this on average. I've discussed the drop rates with a friend who claims to be getting up to 300 alexandrite a run.

It's hard to put a representative "average" drop rate on alex for salvage but it would be worth considering to put some work into, at LEAST, the alex requirement for mythic. It goes without saying that, at least on my server, mythic is 3x more expensive than any relic. So my suggestion is to do something about alexandrite output. Because with very few people doing salvage, the price is outrageous and I think it's worth revisiting content that might be renewed here soon.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This forum section is for things related to the website, not gameplay suggestions.
    (0)

Character
    Okita
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I apologize and hereby request transfer of this thread to the Gameplay: Other category. Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Miyara
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's very important that it's put in the right forum. Square Enix wants to make sure the posts they never read, for problems they'll never fix are well organized.

It's clear that Square just doesn't care about the Mythic weapons. One stage of the entire mythic line requires almost twice the "currency" as two complete relic weapons. There has been no effort to fix this other than a worthless drop rate added to the new Nyzul. Relic Weapons can be farmed in a month, so can Empyrean. It would take more than a year for someone to farm a mythic weapon. Nothing is going to make ToaU areas popular again barring some incredible stats on augmented salvage gear.

Only things that will fix the Mythic line is an vast reduction in the amount of Alex needed (5000 or less) and a vast increase in the availability of Alexandrite. Pouches should have been added to the new voidwatch mobs, and Alexandrite should be added to Dynamis.
    (0)
    Last edited by DrForester; 04-07-2012 at 08:07 AM.