Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I considered making the AMK head to dex/agi, but the only reason I didn't was because I also use it on my BLU, for first spells, I'm a Galka so switching from homam to full damage stat gear ultimately can cost me up to 200 something mp for my first spell x.x Salade has mp on it. so its rather useful. But that's a topic for another forum lol.

I still use Jin from time to time outside of abyssea, I get those random misses where I'll land a 200-500 Hi and I feel like I should redeem myself with trusty Blade: Jin. But yeah like you Langly, Blade: Hi is my favored now.
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    My MKE head is STR4 WSacc15 and AGI4 WSDmg 2%, and is what I use for Blade: Hi, as well as on my PUP MNK and COR. I was just never quite sure WHEN the 2% was applied within the equation, and have never bothered to check.

It was a bit confusing when you said:
    DEX+4 crit damage +2% > AGI+4 weaponskill damage +2%.
    I suppose the greater than sign was more of an arrow than a 'this is bigger than this' signifier.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, an arrow is what I meant.
    (0)

Character
    Gravionblack
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    OK everyone thanks for all the input, you have answered quite a few of my questions and gave me some new idea's. ONly draw back i have right now is that i do not have a abyssea ls or even enough friend's (that are interested in getting ninja stuff) to help with some of the NM's, So i suppose i will see if i can solo a few of them and for the other maybe i will get lucky and get a japanese pt (that is the only reason i got the RR atma) that just happens to not what something i need. Still working on CoP but i am on the last part of "When angels fall" so i am hoping that will be one ring i will have under my belt soon.
    (0)

Character
    Mookies
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Hochomasumune
    Kamome
    Quirim tahlum
    Anslag anwig
    Breeze gorget
    Iga Mizamaki
    Supponpani
    Loki Kaftan
    Iga Tekkos +2
    Epona's Ring
    Rajas Ring
    Aetherling Mantle
    Breeze belt
    Byyako Haidate
    Iga Kyahan +2
    (0)
    "One Tarutaru to rule them all..."

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Iga Mizamaki
    Supponpani
    Please tell me you're joking with us on the earrings. Brutal, Aesir, Hollow - good earring choices. Maybe a STR+2 earring or best Atk ear you can get if you don't have those.

Here's my question: people who don't have Byakko's... Iga+1 versus Tumbler Trunks, which wins? I've been TPing in Iga+1 (or Ocelot for evasion), and WSing in Tumbler. Thoughts?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    Here's my question: people who don't have Byakko's...
    Should work on getting them, a NIN/DNC can easily solo everything up to and including Byakko. If you are good you could even buy remedies and just sub WAR. Go NIN/WAR + WHM mule for an easy time.

While working on them, use Tumbler trunks.

And since this thread is apparently still going......
    Fun new facts! They upped the cap on +critical hit damage to 100% instead of the old 50%. If nothing else, this means you should get your moogle hat to be 4 AGL 2% WS damage, 4 DEX 2% Crit damage whether you're using blade jin or hi. (which means I have to redo mine =| )

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Breeze gorget
    Iga Mizamaki
    Supponpani
    Breeze belt
    I would replace these pieces with:
    Kubira bead necklace (STR/DEX +4, 15000 ampule einherjar item)
    Centaurus earring (10k~ gil, attack +10)
    Brutal earring (a little expensive, but double attack +5% is the best earring for any job while tping or WSing, so it's a must have)
    Warwolf belt (STR/DEX +5, 5k~ gil)

With a bit of time investment for the Kubira bead necklace/soloing ancient beast coins, and about 15k gil, you could easily improve your set by a lot, and it looks like you seem to care based on your other gear choices.
    Here's what I think you should do, Northern Temenos and SW Apollyon. Each zone would net you 20-40 coins solo as NIN/DNC provided you have a little luck and manage to clear a decent chuck of them. You would also get NIN AF1+1 items, which may seem a little useless, but if nothing else, it's +6 DEX for AF1 body and you get to run faster for 6 extra minutes every hour. For N Temenos, I've never not gotten the NIN item doing the zone, I clear floor 1, 2, 3, skip 4 (just get the door open then zone up) and clear 5 before I time out usually, and I only open item chests. For the Apollyon zone, the 3rd floor chest is the box you really want to get. You want to kill the 2 fomors of the race you are on lvl 1, get the item box, then clear floor 2, then work on getting the item chest on 3, If solo I suggest bringing a stack of antidotes, they're cheap and wont cost TP to remove the poison from the boxes. You should also try and clear floor 3 with any time you have left over, floor 4 can be a bit difficult without luck on your side. If you don't have tons of ampules from doing einherjar, try shouting and finding an einherjar LS to work on it with, I doubt many exist and ones that do would probably take just about anyone who wanted to join. I run an einherjar LS, and this is how it is for me anyway =| If nothing else just make a group, You only need 2 solid melees and a rdm to clear tier 1's reliably, and you can sell the mats dropped to pay for the lamp usually. So you just need to find 2 friends who also need ampules or just like you.
    (0)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 05-24-2011 at 09:13 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4