Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

We Need This Changed Devs

Quietus Needs a boost. No, and massive overhaul. The weaponskill is "extremely lackluster and trite." For the amount of work put into this weapon, we are seeing poor results. Scythe has the greatest base damage of any weapon in the GAME, so why is it we have some of the weakest and most scoffed at weaponskills. What reasoning is there to have this weaponskill so weak!?

I ask that those who agree with me that this weaponskill does need a complete adjustment, like the post. Then post your ideas about how to improve this weapons damage. If we want to get this done, we need to make it known. The amount of work does not justify the means with this weaponskill.
    (14)
    Last edited by Zeroe; 03-12-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Character
    Kuryomi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    there is already 100000000000000 other topics saying the exact same thing. A dev will never reply, nor has anything been done about it since SE started these forums. I honestly dont think they take anything the plays say under advisment.
    (0)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kury View Post
    there is already 100000000000000 other topics saying the exact same thing. A dev will never reply, nor has anything been done about it since SE started these forums. I honestly dont think they take anything the plays say under advisment.
    That's the problem! I think everyone can agree with this weaponskill, along with others, to be lackluster. The only way to make a change is to try to get our voices heard. Honestly, for the amount of time to make this, its almost shameful to make the weapon skill this weak. My entropy can hit higher averages than quietus, which isn't in any sane way right.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Quietus Needs a boost. No, and massive overhaul. The weaponskill is "extremely lackluster and trite." For the amount of work put into this weapon, we are seeing poor results. Scythe has the greatest base damage of any weapon in the GAME, so why is it we have some of the weakest and most scoffed at weaponskills. What reasoning is there to have this weaponskill so weak!?

I ask that those who agree with me that this weaponskill does need a complete adjustment, like the post. Then post your ideas about how to improve this weapons damage. If we want to get this done, we need to make it known. The amount of work does not justify the means with this weaponskill.
    Thing is, you answered your own question. Scythe has the highest base damage of any weapon out there. It also has an amazingly easy 5 hit. If that's why it has a weaker ws. On the opposite end of the spectrum there's GS. One of the lowest damage 2 handers with a much harder to get 6 hit hence they give it a stronger ws. It's that balance thing SE loves talking about so much. Best advice I can give is love GS and scythe both and use them as the situation calls for.
    (2)

Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I myself have started a Quiteus thread and got some good responses, but it never got a response from the Dev team. Ill just repost what I said with a link to it. I do wish they would at least say "Yes we are going to do something about it." Or "No we dont plan to do anything about it."

Quietus: Delivers a triple damage attack that ignores target's defense. Amount ignored varies with TP.

Mods: 40%STR, 40%MND

3.0 ignores 10% Defense at 100%
    3.0 ignores 30% Defense at 200%
    3.0 ignores 50% Defense at 300%

I would suggest the following changes to Quietus to make it stronger WS.

Leave the mods the same but change the ftp from 3.0 to 4.0 or even 5.0, all across the board. Or have it increase the ftp 4.0~100% 5.0~200% 6.0~300%

Change the ignores Deffense to this:
    Ignores 20%~25% Defense at 100%
    Ignores 30%~35% Defense at 200%
    Ignores 50%~60% Defense at 300%

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...us-adjustments.
    (3)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    So ...
    High base damage easy 5 Hit= weak Weapon Skill numbers
    And...
    Low Base Damage hard 6 hit= High Weapon Skill numbers

So the logic is that if you can spam Weapon Skill a lot or at least have the potential to your Weapon Skill should suck?

Funny how Samurai bypasses those two things and still gets a Strong Weapon Skill...

Its getting really hard to say that Devs don't favor one job over the others when you think about it.....
    (5)

Player
    @armangetto

just wait, SE will use those formulas and ignore def effect and add it to shoha. I wouldn't put it past them
    (1)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohelius View Post
    So ...
    And...

So the logic is that if you can spam Weapon Skill a lot or at least have the potential to your Weapon Skill should suck?

Funny how Samurai bypasses those two things and still gets a Strong Weapon Skill...

Its getting really hard to say that Devs don't favor one job over the others when you think about it.....
    Exactly my point. Consider Great Axe and Scythe. Around the same general damage, but axe has a much, much more damaging weaponskill. Redemption should get the FTP boost mentioned in the post above.
    (0)

Player
    I have no idea what the Development Bros were thinking when they decided on a value for the "defense ignored" by both Quietus and Camlann's Torment. The values end up being less substantial than the hidden "attack/cRatio/pDif/whatever" bonus on many single hit weapon skills.

Well, unless you're using the weapon skills at 300% TP. But if somebody is purposefully gathering up 300% TP for weapon skill damage purposes, I have some glass that person can sort for the good of society.
    (3)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 03-13-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Made my language clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohelius View Post
    So ...
    And...

Oh there's no question sam has been overly favored by the devs. I can think of no point since it's inception that it ever needed improvement. Sam is inarguable proof that this "balance" SE speaks of is a lie. Sam was already overpowered without Shoha, with Shoha it's ridiculous. If Redemption was sam usable, then perhaps you might see Quietus improved, but it's not.

Quietus isn't even by far the worst emp skill handed out. A similar thread to this was started about Cloudsplitter last year, which is far far FAR worse than Quietus could ever be. In that thread, the devs actually did give a response that after testing they deemed the WS to be more than powerful enough, so no change would take place. Testing by players showed that the only way to achieve the numbers SE showed was inside abyssea, through the use of atmas that would destroy tp gain and base DD, war or /war with Restraint active and single wielding for the fencer boost, absolutely optimal WS gear and with an ascetics active. And even after all this it reached a ceiling of about 4k, a far cry beneath most other emp WS's under similar circumstances. Outside abby on ep mobs 1.5k seems to be the ceiling if you really devote yourself to the WS.

The point of this story is just to tell you how SE gauges things. Not in a fair way. They will test Quietus with the full range of drk buffs, optimised Scarlet Delirium includes, as /war with all it's appropriate JA's active, some nice red curry, a stalwarts and god knows what else. And they will deem it sufficiently powerful. Sad story, but I doubt there are many people who will doubt the truth of it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast