Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Not really

at 75

Guillotine vs Spinning Slash had an awesome balance.

Guillotine had a higher DMG potential but Spinning slash was consistent

meaning when you couldn't cap out attack and acc
    spinning slash >>>> guillotine.
    but when you could capp atk/acc
    guillotine >>>> spinning slash.

Honestly Entropy should have a atk/acc bonus so that when DRK can't cap out attack it wrecks mobs.

and imo Quietus should be a little weaker than entropy(after they are both buffed) but the aftermath and skillchain properties should be the reason you use it. (imo it does need a boost to be at least at the same lvl as torcleaver.
    Quietus is only useful now because of its skillchain properties. On average, entropy hits higher damage. There is no reason why this weaponskill needs to be weaker, its already one of the least built empyreans in the game. It should be balanced with torcleaver, like you stated, but not weaker than entropy.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zeroe; 03-16-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Quietus is only useful now because of its skillchain properties. On average, entropy hits higher damage. There is no reason why this weaponskill needs to be weaker, its already one of the least built empyreans in the game. It should be balanced with torcleaver, like you stated, but not weaker than entropy.
    But the thing is, there's barely a reason to use Torcleaver these days either. It, like Quietus and several other empy ws's has more or less been shown up by the new merit ws. Caladbolg isn't really worth having any more than Redemption is these days, the OaT GS seems to be the way to go these days. And that makes me a little sad. I rather like my giant purple sword.
    (1)

Player
    I too would like to see Quietus get changed, given Scythe's one of the "harder" empyreans.

@GS

Honestly it's easier to use OAT GS or 480 delay weapons in general (Hoarfrost Blade, Gram, Borealis, etc). The main deal breaker being the extra delay, making it an easier x-hit. 430 takes effort (not that bad, just takes effort, and if you're one with the new Phorcys/Rheic+3 gear, it's easier than ever).

Basically if you're going to spam Resolution Caladbolg isn't even worth the time. Emps rely on their WS, much like mythic. Resolution is so much stronger than Torcleaver (most of the time) that even a Lv90 Caladbolg isn't worth it. 95 starts to bring it more use again, but who's going to do a level 95 Caladbolg when they could do a level 95 Ragnarok instead and have it cost less? The differences with the lv99 weapons put Ragnarok even further ahead.

tl;dr: Neither empyrean for DRK is really worth making. The WS's both could use a buff. Saddens me in a way as I enjoyed having Caladbolg.
    (4)
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    But the thing is, there's barely a reason to use Torcleaver these days either. It, like Quietus and several other empy ws's has more or less been shown up by the new merit ws. Caladbolg isn't really worth having any more than Redemption is these days, the OaT GS seems to be the way to go these days. And that makes me a little sad. I rather like my giant purple sword.
    Pretty much this. Its not just Scythe but a large group of Empyrean weapons just aint worth it because its easier to get a level 99 weapon OAT or STR magian etc and spam the new merit WS's, (Presuming you only take your Empy to 85/ 90).

Entropy beats Quietus
    Stardiver thrashes Camlanns
    Resolution beats Torcleaver
    Ruinator destroys Cloudsplitter
    Exenator (or whatever) beats Rudra's Storm (may be wrong here but thats what I gather from LS opinions)

Quietus / Camlanns and Cloudsplitter stand out to me as ones which need a buff more than others, i fully agree there, but yeah there are a lot of Empy WS's weaker than their merit WS's.
    (1)
    Last edited by Transmit; 03-20-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Not really

at 75

Guillotine vs Spinning Slash had an awesome balance.

Guillotine had a higher DMG potential but Spinning slash was consistent

meaning when you couldn't cap out attack and acc
    spinning slash >>>> guillotine.
    but when you could capp atk/acc
    guillotine >>>> spinning slash.

Honestly Entropy should have a atk/acc bonus so that when DRK can't cap out attack it wrecks mobs.

and imo Quietus should be a little weaker than entropy(after they are both buffed) but the aftermath and skillchain properties should be the reason you use it. (imo it does need a boost to be at least at the same lvl as torcleaver.
    Prior to the level cap raise that wasn't what DRKs would talk about. It was Scyth or GTFO, as evidence by the number of Apocs vs Ragnaroks. There was no reason to use GSWD once the days of /THF SC died out on HNMs, basically anything past 2004/2005. We're talking DRK, attack isn't exactly a problem. Right now Resolution is a much better WS then any of the scyth WS which is sad. The empy WS needs fixed, heck the brand new lv 99 scyth WS needs it's mod changed from lol-INT to STR.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Basically if you're going to spam Resolution Caladbolg isn't even worth the time. Emps rely on their WS, much like mythic. Resolution is so much stronger than Torcleaver (most of the time) that even a Lv90 Caladbolg isn't worth it. 95 starts to bring it more use again, but who's going to do a level 95 Caladbolg when they could do a level 95 Ragnarok instead and have it cost less? The differences with the lv99 weapons put Ragnarok even further ahead.
    The same holds true for Scythe really. If you only plan on taking it up to 90 that's 1 thing, but if you really wanna consider taking it to 95 You're much better off making Apoc. I know some of you are thinking "But there are suddenly so many apocs out there! I wanna be different! But there's a really good reason there are so many. Apoc is just game changing for a drk in a way that very few relic/emp/mythics are.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    The same holds true for Scythe really. If you only plan on taking it up to 90 that's 1 thing, but if you really wanna consider taking it to 95 You're much better off making Apoc. I know some of you are thinking "But there are suddenly so many apocs out there! I wanna be different! But there's a really good reason there are so many. Apoc is just game changing for a drk in a way that very few relic/emp/mythics are.
    Indeed, I have Apoc as well. May not be the best damaging weapon on paper but I got it for the utility and would definitely recommend it to any DRK wanting a relic and I've found Catastrophe to perform pretty well after the level 90 version (only have 95).
    (0)
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Agreed, but building a relic takes much more time and energy than emps. I would like to see quietus have a damage boost just like apoc did.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Agreed, but building a relic takes much more time and energy than emps. I would like to see quietus have a damage boost just like apoc did.
    This is only true if you only plan on building a level 90 emp. If you plan on taking it to level 95 you'll find it taking more gil than making a relic
    (0)

Character
    Thanotous
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It's quiet simple. Samurai represents Japan, Dark Knight represents the western world, thus as long as Japan runs the show in this game, Samurai will always rule the day.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast